Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-16-2015, 10:46 PM #1
mitacekm

Alien Deception: A search for the truth NOW WITH VIDEO!

Forrest Gump said, "I am not a smart man". I fall in that category. I sold a dm12, dm5, and an Alien Invasion to get this marker. I would have sold my child too, but I wouldn't get any money for him. I also do not have a child and slavery is bad.

My story starts this morning at around noon CT. I'm busy writing a paper for a terrible class, when I take a break. I go on Facebook. Perusing my news feed I see many beautiful Alien Deceptions. This reminds me. I bought this damn marker five months ago and don't have it. So I ring the retailer that I bought the marker through. I ask about the updates, to which I receive a telegram that says, "Guns shipped Friday, tracking numbers out soon". I return to my typewriter, giddy with excitement. I inform my wonderful girlfriend about this update. She sarcastically responds, "So still two weeks out?". It was funny when the gun was "two weeks out" twenty weeks before, but not now. I still love her and she has put up with my excitement for this for nearly a half year. I return to my apartment and resign myself to the fact that I won't have this marker until Tuesday at the earliest. However, I'm a glutton for punishment and am way too optimistic for my own good. I check with the front desk if there is a package for me. They say, "Yes, let me get that for you". I eagerly wait. Soon a dented brown box is in front of me. I check the label and it reads, "Springfield, MO". No deception but some nice shoes for my birthday! I sign the package log. I then see my name on another line. Could this be? I say, "Excuse me but did I have two packages, or one?". They quickly check. After a minute the lady comes back with a small usps box. I check the label and instantly it became Christmas morning. It isn't a long walk to my apartment from the office, but I could have sworn it was a marathon. I tear open the front door and barely containing my euphoria, I tear the box apart. MISTAKE! PEANUTS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

I take the gat wrap out of the box. It is heavy, heavy with magic. I remove this metal miracle from what in my mind is the Ark of the Covenant. A Templar informs that I "had chosen...wisely". I grab my tank and screw it into the...what? It doesn't go in [insert jokes about virginity here]. I try my roommates' tanks (yes I live in a house full of paintballers and my girlfriend. She is a strong woman). They all fit, unlike the glove and O.J. Simpson's hand. I twist the amazingly easy on-off. PSSST! I place my seasoned P.I. ear to the feedneck, there is a tiny leak. I contact my informant at Alien. He tells me about where the leak probably is. Of course it has to be the only metric oring in the gun. I dry fire the gun a few times and the leak disappears, similar to Mojitos that are placed in front of me.

I take some paint and my old and hardy vlocity. I go outside. I shoot my first few shots. It feels like taking a shot with an old friend. It is familiar and the sting lets you know its working. This gun reminds me of the JT Impulse. It is not a matrix, it is not a victory. It is smooth, not terribly loud, and gives a low and reassuring thud with every shot. This gun is simply amazing and there is no other way to describe it.

I do not like to give praise to those that do not deserve it. I do not praise short cuts in engineering nor design failures. When the LV1 came out and I shot one, I was blown away. It shot too similar to a spool. I loved the fantastically simple engineering that worked in that marker. It raised the standard of poppet valve markers. When the JT Impulse came out, I saw the balanced valve, shot it, and loved it. The Alien Deception has amazing technology. It is what the J4 Torque should have been. It isn't simple like the LV1 nor is it balanced like the Impulse. I can keep listing what it is and what it isn't but that's not helpful. What I think is helpful is that the Deception is special. There is no higher praise I can give to an inanimate object. To understand it, you have to shoot it. I nearly cancelled my order twice, because I couldn't wait. Now having shot it, I can honestly say that it was worth the wait. There are certain objects that you grow a bond with like special cars or houses. My last Alien and my dm12, I could not love. They worked and looked great, but I didn't love them. In my few hours with the Deception, I am already falling for it. It is so incredibly special.

The quality is second to none. The finish is beautiful, it isn't gloss but it isn't matte. It is a really interesting middle ground. The gold accents are an amazing contrast to the black body. In the end, all the colors will look good because it is on a body that you would swear was crafted by Pininfarina. The trigger, while unusual, is wonderful. It looks even more aggressive in person and it will showcase your ability to walk the trigger at a blistering cap of whatever psp happens to be this year.

I only have one complaint about this gun. The grips are nice, but they aren't high end gun nice. The rubber doesn't feel like that on a matrix or an eclipse gun, but it works. The gun feels great, but if it had some slimmer and stickier grips it would be perfect all around.

Right now as I write this review, this marker is in between my girlfriend and I. It is not symbolic of anything. Word of warning. If your significant other objects to your love of this marker, do not under any circumstances say, "But this is my new toy". This will not get you points. It will get you a bad night's sleep at best.

Thank you Alien.

Sincerely,
Mark

Last edited by mitacekm : 04-16-2015 at 09:28 PM.
mitacekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2015, 11:27 PM #2
Dep
its paintball.settle down

has been a member for 10 years
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Old 03-17-2015, 08:20 PM #3
cav0011

I experienced this today. I came home to find two boxes on my porch!! Unfortunately neither was the alien. Oh well tomorrow is another day
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:30 PM #4
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.

insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Great read. Well said. They are special indeed. Welcome to family.
insixdays777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:50 PM #5
wakeupandbord

wakeupandbord has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well written man, laughed my butt off too...
"...and the leak disappears, similar to Mojitos that are placed in front of me."
Good stuff lmao
Old 03-19-2015, 07:30 PM #6
cav0011

Grrrr. I got home today. Two packages on the porch. Both with shoes for the wife. Sadness.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:27 PM #7
mitacekm

Took a while to make, but this has some good footage of my Alien Deception. It is also a shameless plug for my University's team. It is not ideal and it doesn't show how amazing the shot quality is, but hopefully this will make people complaining about no shooting videos happy. The two barrel breaks towards the end of video are due to my laziness in not changing barel bores to compensate for the heat. They were the only breaks I had that entire day. Overall this marker performs very well. Once you understand this marker's quirks, it will never let you down. In closing, this marker makes me think to the part in Push where Rocky Cagnoni is talking about his Angel. He says, "This gun likes to please her master". That statement is not applicable to all markers, but it is for the Alien Deception. Enjoy.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:09 AM #8
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Great write up. Please do more reviews, I like your writing style more than the "Well since its not a ______________ its terrible" drivel that we usually get on here.
nePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:38 AM #9
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.

Good vid! Gota love how the gun just does not move or vibrate when shot....I saw zero barre rise....just like mine
Old 04-19-2015, 11:54 AM #10
mitacekm

NePhantom, I would do more but I'm way too poor. I'll have to steal my roomates' markers, I guess.
insix, this was my second day of speedball with the deception and it is soooo good.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:34 PM #11
ArchAngelIon
Furaidopoteto

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon helped look for balloons
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
What's the deal with some tanks not going in? I'm thinking about picking up the all black discount model but am holding off until these Gen1 bugs get worked out.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post89538401
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:42 PM #12
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
What's the deal with some tanks not going in? I'm thinking about picking up the all black discount model but am holding off until these Gen1 bugs get worked out.
I have 6 tanks all have various Gen ninja regs on them Gen1 pro - V2 pro....

Not a single issue getting them on or off the deception.

As they say, even a monkey can figure out how to shoot himself....or in that case an idiot can figure out how to ham fist and cross thread a paintball marker asa....
Old 04-19-2015, 08:42 PM #13
mitacekm

So I've had a very small sample size, but some tank bonnets do not like the Deception. I think I am among less than a half dozen people that have had issues with this. If you have a newer ninja tank, you should be fine. It seems to have issues with older ninja and empire regulators. Again the odds this happens are very small, and if it does happen, you can get a new bonnet for a ninja reg for $30 or less.

To be clear, I did not cross thread my ASA and tank. It is just an ASA with enough variation in the pitch to reject some regulators.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:52 AM #14
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
To insert a tank correctly you turn it counter clockwise until you feel it "click" past the start of the threads and then you twist in it clockwise.
On any bottle and any bottle adapter there is only one place where it starts correctly.
If you start a bottle without finding where the threads line up you will have problems.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:49 PM #15
Noa Bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
I have 6 tanks all have various Gen ninja regs on them Gen1 pro - V2 pro....

Not a single issue getting them on or off the deception.

As they say, even a monkey can figure out how to shoot himself....or in that case an idiot can figure out how to ham fist and cross thread a paintball marker asa....
Your tone and what your implying is insulting. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitacekm View Post
So I've had a very small sample size, but some tank bonnets do not like the Deception. I think I am among less than a half dozen people that have had issues with this. If you have a newer ninja tank, you should be fine. It seems to have issues with older ninja and empire regulators. Again the odds this happens are very small, and if it does happen, you can get a new bonnet for a ninja reg for $30 or less.

To be clear, I did not cross thread my ASA and tank. It is just an ASA with enough variation in the pitch to reject some regulators.
I think I experienced something similar to what you are saying. My SL ninja tank worked fine going in. The older ninja tank I went and tried ended up folding over a thread just a tad. It was later fixed by a friend as it wasn't too far gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
To insert a tank correctly you turn it counter clockwise until you feel it "click" past the start of the threads and then you twist in it clockwise.
On any bottle and any bottle adapter there is only one place where it starts correctly.
If you start a bottle without finding where the threads line up you will have problems.
Great reminder of a post, Jack. I wish I would've taken more time, been more gentle, and followed your advice.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:45 PM #16
p8ntballervamp

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballervamp is BST Trusted
p8ntballervamp has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
p8ntballervamp supports Empire
Will we still be getting hard cases for these? Has anybody gotten theirs?
p8ntballervamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:41 PM #17
mitacekm

Last time I spoke to Griffan, he said that the hard cases were not up the quality they wanted.
Empire All-In
Exalt
J&J Paintball
jjspaintball.com

Old 05-02-2015, 02:58 PM #18
monstrosity
👽👽㈌

How can you say the quality is second to nonce when the OLED's don't line up on the screen, the markers all have blemishes in the anno, and so many other little flaws, I would say this gun is second to every high end on the market when it comes down to build quality.

"Put this in your sig if you or someone you know is fighting, has survived, or has died in a Pokemon battle"
monstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:43 PM #19
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post
How can you say the quality is second to none..
A very few had a few small ano voids.
The OLED's are from APE, and they light up very well, there isn't a better board in paintball.
Measure the gun in sound quality, calmness of shot, efficiency, accuracy, how the gun feels in your hands, weight to strength ratio, overall size, required maintenance and easy of cleaning - second to none, plus "so many other little things" - like battery life, value, ability to sight down the side of the gun, ability to shoot brittle paint in cold weather - and the fact that it has a very cool Morph valve that others are wanting to put in their guns.
Yes, the ano voids were unfortunate but players waiting to get theirs for a long time and the few that had voids, they were very small. we are getting the guns "sonic" cleaned now.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:01 PM #20
dr.paintball
JON RAMOS. ILLINOIS

Quote:
A very few had a few small ano voids. The OLED's are from APE, and they light up very well, there isn't a better board in paintball. Measure the gun in sound quality, calmness of shot, efficiency, accuracy, how the gun feels in your hands, weight to strength ratio, overall size, required maintenance and easy of cleaning - second to none, plus "so many other little things" - like battery life, value, ability to sight down the side of the gun, ability to shoot brittle paint in cold weather - and the fact that it has a very cool Morph valve that others are wanting to put in their guns. Yes, the ano voids were unfortunate but players waiting to get theirs for a long time and the few that had voids, they were very small. we are getting the guns "sonic" cleaned now.
I normally don't hop into all the fights here, but jack is right 100%. The strength to weight ratio on this gun is insane, most guns that are this light feel cheap and flimsy. This gun feels like a feather but with the build of a tank. Hard to explain, just gotta hold and shoot one to really feel what I mean. And by no means am I calling Alien a bad company here or anything else negative but if they had the marketing and power that someone like Eclipse has, this marker would be in the hands of every kid at the field. No doubt.
Just my .02
JON RAMOS #37

CHICAGOLAND TRIBE
dr.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:59 PM #21
babochee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post
How can you say the quality is second to none..
A very few had a few small ano voids.
The OLED's are from APE, and they light up very well, there isn't a better board in paintball.
Measure the gun in sound quality, calmness of shot, efficiency, accuracy, how the gun feels in your hands, weight to strength ratio, overall size, required maintenance and easy of cleaning - second to none, plus "so many other little things" - like battery life, value, ability to sight down the side of the gun, ability to shoot brittle paint in cold weather - and the fact that it has a very cool Morph valve that others are wanting to put in their guns.
Yes, the ano voids were unfortunate but players waiting to get theirs for a long time and the few that had voids, they were very small. we are getting the guns "sonic" cleaned now.
You have awakened the DRAGON!!!! .

Love ya Jack, a true ambassador for the sport! You're like a cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade! Keeping me loving the sport. Much like the innovative Mr.Bob Long.

Last edited by babochee : 05-06-2015 at 04:02 PM.
babochee is offline   Reply With Quote