Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2014, 07:49 PM #1
Forrestball
 
 
Forrestball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cadillac
Invasion design flaw

Please, please don't take this the wrong way I love my alien invasion. I'll never sell it again and I've sold every other gun I've owned. It's an awesome gun there's just one thing that I wanted to address and ask if anyone else has had this concern as well. There's things that could be changed on the marker but those are all preference or opinions and can be said for all guns, nothing's perfect but there is one thing about the invasion that I see as a flaw. So with many markers there is a screw in the back of the trigger frame and one in the middle between the trigger and guard to attach the body to the frame. With the invasion there's one screw in front inside the foregrip and one at the back that screws into the ram housing. So because the ram housing connects to the back of the body and the screw is screwed into just the housing there's nothing holding the back of the body to the frame other than the ram housing itself as there's no screw in the middle of the gun. While this isn't a big deal as it all stays together pretty solid but holding the invasion up to a light I can see a very slight gap between the back of the body and the frame not the front though. Trying to figure out why my bolt is causing some gouging and slight wear in the breach I'm thinking this may be the cause as the body and ram may not be perfectly aligned causing the pin to push the bolt slightly up or down causing the breach wear. What do you guys think any similar issues?
__________________
My ICDO Feedback:
http://www.icd-owners.com/html/index...wtopic&t=15246
Kool Katz
Forrestball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:56 PM #2
surge101
Hayley?
 
surge101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
surge101 is for the Gunfight
surge101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
surge101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I sold my invasion over a year ago, but I can concur with you that I noticed the gap between the frame and the back of the body when I had it. It annoyed me.
__________________
Inappropriate signature removed.
surge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:28 PM #3
Forrestball
 
 
Forrestball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cadillac
Well okay maybe that's fairly common and others just haven't noticed it. I've used this for a whole season before selling it and I recently bought it back. It was out of my possession for probably 6 months and the wear looks the same so idk. I've seen way worse in egos but odds are they were used more than this so..
__________________
My ICDO Feedback:
http://www.icd-owners.com/html/index...wtopic&t=15246
Kool Katz
Forrestball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 PM #4
surge101
Hayley?
 
surge101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
surge101 is for the Gunfight
surge101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
surge101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrestball View Post
Well okay maybe that's fairly common and others just haven't noticed it. I've used this for a whole season before selling it and I recently bought it back. It was out of my possession for probably 6 months and the wear looks the same so idk. I've seen way worse in egos but odds are they were used more than this so..
Mine also had breech wear after only a few days of play, but it seemed to gain wear early, and the wear reached a certain point and didn't get any worse. I have owned so many guns with breech wear it wasn't even something I thought about until now.
__________________
Inappropriate signature removed.
surge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:02 PM #5
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.
 
insixdays777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Iowa
 has been a member for 10 years
insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
This was an marker sold as having all the "performance" of a "highend" at a low mid range cost.

It delivers on the high end performance.

However to reach the low cost, design and production decisions had to be made that result in some of the minor annoyances you describe. Its performance is that of a $1000 marker but its fit and finish issues is were the build cost savings came in so that it only cost the player $400-$500 new.

The Invasion is an amazing shooting marker for any price point. You cant have both the performance and fit and finish without paying $1000 +.
__________________
Alien ND
Luxe OLED
DM14
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:45 PM #6
surge101
Hayley?
 
surge101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
surge101 is for the Gunfight
surge101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
surge101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
This was an marker sold as having all the "performance" of a "highend" at a low mid range cost.

It delivers on the high end performance.

However to reach the low cost, design and production decisions had to be made that result in some of the minor annoyances you describe. Its performance is that of a $1000 marker but its fit and finish issues is were the build cost savings came in so that it only cost the player $400-$500 new.

The Invasion is an amazing shooting marker for any price point. You cant have both the performance and fit and finish without paying $1000 +.
$400-$500? Maybe now.
Pretty sure I paid $650 for mine.
__________________
Inappropriate signature removed.
surge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:37 PM #7
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball
 
griffan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: pasco washington
Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
sure there is. the back slides into the frame and holds it in place with tension. as long as the back piece is secured then that keeps pressure on the rest of the body. 2 points of contact keeping it from moving and ZING, holds together just as well as anything else.
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:20 AM #8
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!
 
l1ryan1l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan2 View Post
sure there is. the back slides into the frame and holds it in place with tension. as long as the back piece is secured then that keeps pressure on the rest of the body. 2 points of contact keeping it from moving and ZING, holds together just as well as anything else.
this.. i noticed a slight gap on my independence, and i loosened that screw up a bit, pushed it back in, and tightened it up, and boom, no more gap....
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:45 PM #9
Forrestball
 
 
Forrestball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cadillac
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
this.. i noticed a slight gap on my independence, and i loosened that screw up a bit, pushed it back in, and tightened it up, and boom, no more gap....
Believe me I tried this but the difference is the Indy has a frame to body screw in the trigger guard and the vasa is milled into the body where the invasion has the vasa milled into the trigger frame and uses that spot as a point to mount the frame and body together.
__________________
My ICDO Feedback:
http://www.icd-owners.com/html/index...wtopic&t=15246
Kool Katz
Forrestball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump