Old 08-14-2014, 12:43 PM #1
ktizzle
PLAYAH8RZ.COM

ktizzle plays in the PSP
ktizzle donated to help Peyton Trent
ktizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ktizzle supports DLX Technology
2010t ND noid leaking

like the title says. the noid in my 2010t has a small leap. I spend hours trying to figure out where the hisssss was coming from and tinkered for awhile to see if I could get it to go away. to no avail.

Anybody know a way to fix or where to buy a new noid?
I've already searched around and haven't been able to find the same SMC noid anywhere.

thx
ktizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2014, 03:14 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
The SMC noids are pretty rock solid usually so I wouldn't assume the noid is leaking/bad right away. Pop your grip frame off (careful to unplug the wires first) and air the gun up. It could be the internal macroline leaking. It could be a bad ram oring causing air to vent out the noid. It could be a ram body oring not sealing. It could be the noid has come loose. Just spray around with some soapy water to locate the leak. Unless the leak.

Just an FYI, a bad oring on the ram will cause air to leak out of the holes in the noid......which is perfectly fine. Changing the ram orings is usually the first thing to check. They may look fine but still be worn down too far.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:47 PM #3
ktizzle
PLAYAH8RZ.COM

ktizzle plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
The SMC noids are pretty rock solid usually so I wouldn't assume the noid is leaking/bad right away. Pop your grip frame off (careful to unplug the wires first) and air the gun up. It could be the internal macroline leaking. It could be a bad ram oring causing air to vent out the noid. It could be a ram body oring not sealing. It could be the noid has come loose. Just spray around with some soapy water to locate the leak. Unless the leak.

Just an FYI, a bad oring on the ram will cause air to leak out of the holes in the noid......which is perfectly fine. Changing the ram orings is usually the first thing to check. They may look fine but still be worn down too far.
oh wow. I never knew the rammer orings could cause leaking for the noid.
I've definitely narrowed the leak down to the noid. did the soapy water trick and saw the bubbles.

I'll try swapping the orings and see where it gets me. if it is the noid thought any ideas about getting a new one?

I've tried Jack but am not getting a response.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:46 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
The ram oring directly seals air coming in from the noil on both the forward and reverse pulses. So if it's bad, air gets out the other side of the ram and noid, which is perfectly normal. It will usually leak out the back hole on the noid if memory serves. Swap and lube that large ram oring and check again.

An bad solenoid could also leak through this hole, if the orings on the spool inside the noid are bad but it's rare. Better to try the easy stuff first.

Can you tell us exactly where the leak is coming from?

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:46 PM #5
ktizzle
PLAYAH8RZ.COM

ktizzle plays in the PSP
I'll try to look into it this weekend.