has been a member for 10 years
Talking

Has anyone used a free flow
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2001, 01:31 PM #2
Budha
Paint Slüt

Any custom cocker shoots the same man. They are all pretty mcuh tweaked and the triggers are really nice. The only difference is the milling. I dont like the milling on free flows but that is my opinion. If you want a freeflow, get it, a review wont tell you nothing more than any other review on a custom cocker.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 03-29-2001, 01:22 AM #3
Devaut
God.

Devaut is a Supporting Member
dood

WRONG

not all custom cockers are the same
some perform way better than others. you need to learn more. freeflows are tweaked out versions of the standard wgp design. where as the danny love sfl is an even more tweaked version, then aka comes in with their merlin and makes the gun suitable for low pressure use and then people like me make it work better without having to put a spyder valve in there...

lots of factory customs are cookie cutter cockers, but some companys actually make improvements in design.

the freeflow is one of the nicer cookie cutter types, with some added features like cleaning out and honing the bolt chamber.

-y
Old 03-29-2001, 11:14 AM #4
Ak|rA`

people put spyder valves in autocockers?
Old 03-29-2001, 01:42 PM #5
Budha
Paint Slüt

Devaut, I have shot many a custom cockers at my field and they are all pretty much nice. And you know what? I like my semi custom cocker better than the super ones. They all perform the same to me. But I guess he wants more opinions but oh well. I guess I am not a cocker expert like you....

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 03-30-2001, 07:10 AM #6
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
Talking yeah about this.

i was just lookin for an opinion from someone who has shot one the ergonomics, the wire ball detent if it better than the ball one, the cycle rate, the loudness with a boomstick, internals performance and rigity, stuff like that. Also if the 30-35 psi opperating pressure is enough for the gun. i know it wont chop good paint but what does the low opperating pressure do to the performance and shots per tank.

Last edited by Deceit : 03-30-2001 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-18-2001, 11:33 AM #7
Azure
Dreamer

Uhm. That 30-35 PSI pertains to the front end only, you know, right? That's not the actual operating pressure of the entire gun. Unless I'm absolutely crazy and the guys at Pro Paintball are flat out geniuses and can out do the likes of specialized companies like AKA...
#87 - Team Flying Balls
Sponsored By: Apocalypse Paintball
Old 04-18-2001, 04:27 PM #8
UrbanAssault
Team Prodigies

Reviews from people that have owned/used the gun.

============================
----------------------------
Good: I have the 2000 lockout edition
LOOKS- great, yellow & black acid drip anno
Weight- awsome manuverablity, no arm fatigue
Trigger- once it is gassed up it is short and snappy-hard to short stroke
Sustainable rof- pretty good-trigger is nice and gun fits in hand nicely
Best feature-lowest bolt cocking pressure-30psi-(no Chops period)
LIFETIME WARRANTY-can't beat it

Bad: can't think of much- price is a little steep- you can almost buy a new dark angel lcd for the cost-about 300 bucks more. That's it though- no related to gun performance at all
Conclusion: No upgrades necc- if you are a cocker person- this is your gun, if not i say jump to electro for same price. It beats most other high end custom cockers in price, warranty, and performance- looks are up to the purchaser-and therefore not measurable.

I reccomend based soley on performace alone- sweet gun- at least try firing it a few times-you will prob buy it. Like i said before- some people are not cocker folks- this gun isn't for them. This gun is also good for new players-you don't have to f@ck with it-which is why most newbies brake there cockers.

-----------------------------------------

Good: Amazing product. Got mine used (good-as-new condition) and have put it through it's paces in general target practice, drills and a few games. Incredible accuracy and distance especially with the Dye Boomstick that came matched to the color scheme of this gun (yellow-black splash anodized). Have been able to put paintballs through tight spaces at sixty feet with ease, much to the surprise of my opponents. Silent and seemingly recoiless. Have yet to chop a ball!!! I have seen the paintball trapped between the bolt and the vertical feed a couple of times and all I've had to do was pull back on the cocking block and it's back to business! The selling point of this gun holds true!!!
Bad: If paintballs don't match the bore of the barrel, and this has happened a couple of times, the balls can trickle out of the barrel on occasion. A matching barrel for the situation would alleviated this. I've had three breaks in the barrel so far, although I suspect it is due to the fact we were using old paint during that session.
Conclusion: I would highly recommed this gun to anyone who is looking for a spiffed-up cocker. Performs beautifully in all departments, although rate-of-fire affinicandos will find it lacking for their tastes (I remember when the autococker was the rate of fire king! How times have changed...). However for accuracy, distance and reliability in the field (ie. no paint chopping), this gun beats many of the "super-semis" available in the market place.

-----------------------------------------

Good: EVERYTHING. I got my gun used from a local paintball store. It was used by one of the guys on team Image, the pro team. There is not one thing stock on it. Including the ball detent. It shoots like a dream. It is very air consistent, I shot 3 over the chrono and it came up 293 every time. you can shoot it fast, especially if you have a pro trigger job like mine. it is pretty light weight, when u shoot u can't feel the recoil at all. Very air efficient. it is a really nice gun.
Bad: The ONLY and I Mean ONLY thing bad about it I have found, is that you MUST have the right bore size to match your barrel, which is no problem.
Conclusion: it is a great gun, most people are moving up to electros now, but the freeflow still has big chance..PRO teams still shoot them because they are great guns.
+12" Dye Boomstick
+88ci 3000psi Crossfire
+Clear 12v Revvy

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
Everything For Paintball
Old 04-18-2001, 04:46 PM #9
Azure
Dreamer

To keep things in perspective, I thought I'd post some reviews from that same source, if only because it's amusing to me.

Kingman Spyder Compact 2 in 1 Java

-----------
Good: everything. only 110 dollars (easily worth 150$) easy maintence, accurate, great for beginers and advanced...(after a couple of upgrades.) doesnt break any kind of balls except brass eagle... (what gun doesn't?), not a co2 gas hog
Bad: nothing really, the barrel is not the greatest but believe me it is not bad.
Conclusion: no upgrades needed unless you are playing professional, although a new barrel couldn't hurt =)

get this gun you will be happy that you did, accurate to the bone.

------------

Good: This gun is great. You cannot do anything wrong to it. It is easily upgradable and easy to clean. The gun shoots incredibly accurate with an aftermarket barrel and is very, very, quiet. I use a J&J Ceramic barrel and the gun is quiet as a whisper.
Bad: Stock Barrel is ok. spend the $45 and buy the J&J.
Conclusion: When I first used this gun, i was on a team with 2 other friends attacking 4 guys. My team mates used a Commado 2 and a Pro/Carbine. We railed them. We won all of our games and i can say i increased by game dramatically with this gun. It is amazing. The low pressure chamber helps 100%. I would reccommend this to anyone who wants a fairly inexpensive gun that can compete with any marker on the market. I'd give it a 10 but no gun is perfect. Well......This one is near perfect so what the hell.

-------------

Good: This is a great gun for anyone of any skill level. It has a quick recock, and is a very accurite gun. Once the velocity is dialed in to perfection, the gun is unbeatable.
Bad: People think that a more expensive gun is better
Conclusion: This is an all around good gun. If you add an expansion chamber, and a better barrel, than you basically have the shutter model. I love this gun and i would defenatly recomend it to anyone.

------

I didn't post it to be a punk, but yeah, keep things in perspective. People aren't going to say their gun is crap. It's hard to be very objective with your own equipment, for some. I'm not at all saying it's a bad gun or suggesting that it might be... but you could save money building one yourself.

Anyways, Thumper. As I said, the 30 psi pertains only to the FRONT END PNEUMATICS. That's not the operating pressure of the entire gun. I'm going to -estimate- it runs around 200 or so, but that's a stab in the dark, and anyone can feel free to correct me. Whatever the pressure is doesn't really matter as much as how well they match the springs in the gun, how restricted the airflow is, etc.

As a general rule, lower pressure is easier on the internals of the gun... and a side effect of that is a bit more stable gun when firing. It can make the gun more quiet, and beyond that, I'm not sure what's been proven and what's popular myth.
#87 - Team Flying Balls
Sponsored By: Apocalypse Paintball

Last edited by Azure : 04-18-2001 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2001, 11:47 PM #10
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
im agreeing with budha on this one.. for the most part its just another cookie cutter cocker.. the lockout has some better options and the trigger is smoother but for the price i see no great improvement in perfomance.. peronaly i had a 98 FF and i hated it. it ate 3 ways, the valve it came with was bad, anod was thin and had quite a few pooling spots. ive seen others that had none of these problems.. just kinda makes me wonder what kind of quality checks they have before they get boxed and shiped out.

Team ESP