Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-16-2002, 12:27 AM #1
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
velocity issue

Ok.....I have a new matrix, with trinity and stock bolt. My problem is I set the trinity the way the manual says....just enough pressure so that the gun can cycle without choking. The only problem now is... with the trinity set that low, I can't get a decent velocity out of the gun without cranking my ingoing to about 300psi(according to the guage). If I put my ingoing down to say 180 I can only get my velocity up by cranking my trinity up.
My question is: Is that right? Could my ingoing guage possibly be messed up? Is the gun messed up? Could it just be the paint which is a bit on the large side and kinda tight in even my largest barrel? Any input would be great.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2002, 12:47 AM #2
Brandos_Matrix

Here's an idea. Turn the trinity all the way in so that it acts as if there is no trinity. Adjust your velocity to your desired FPS. Now turn down the trinity all the way. Rapid fire while turning in the trinity untill it sounds like it shoots properly. Give the trinity a quarter turn and it should be fine....Check your velocity. You may need to increase it a little but not much. IF when you turn the trinity all the way in and still need to increase the pressure to 300 then there is something probably wrong with your trinity. Try putting another one in and check it out.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:45 AM #3
b1g_kahuna

Well said brando...
Just remeber also if you turn donw your trinity to low.it starves when you rapid fire it. also i have found that on some guns even if it does rapid fire,,Always check it with paint. I had my team mate breaking paint, I checked the bolt clearance down the feed tube, and it wasnt going all the way back,it just need to go a tad higher,, but i have seen this only once..
Old 05-16-2002, 10:32 AM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
velocity/trinity

Thanks guys.....I'll give that a try tonight. I have a feeling the guage I'm using is messed up also. I'm using the stock reg with the shim in it. It shouldn't even be able to go up to 300psi....or so I'm told.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.