PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2002, 10:40 PM #1
Impster

has been a member for 10 years
Teams in Rochester area?

Hey everyone, I live near Rochester, Caledonia to be exact and I'm looking to hook up with some people to play. I used to play alot, but last season I sold my RT and CA, and pretty much got out of the sport. I'm thinking about maybe picking up an imp or something and getting back into it. Anyone near here wanna play or something, or are there any teams around? I've prolly seen some of you at PP, but I just didn't know it.

Tata

Brandon(tihs isn't my username, it is my bros, so disregard and posts he has up right now as mine)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2002, 11:09 PM #2
jfreak

Welcome back Brandon. So are you looking to get into tournies and speedball then? Well, there are plenty of teams around, and I'm sure if you started hanging around a few fields you wouldn't have any trouble either hooking up or starting your own team. Seems to me that Rochester has a rapidly growing base of players stepping up in the ranks. A lot of guys out there with decent equipment that just need a little nudge to take it to the next level. Good Luck in your search
Old 05-15-2002, 11:35 PM #3
Impster

Thanks for the words. Yah, I should prolly just get out to the fields and start meeting people. I still have my old spyder, so atleast I wouldn't have to use a rental. I've been eyeing an impulse PP has right now...we'll see. Anyways, where do most of the people in the area play? I've only been to the post office, never Jello Factory or some of the other fields around here. Who has good paint prices/quality?
Old 05-16-2002, 05:25 AM #4
amhildreth
Sheridan Sugardaddy

Annual Supporting Member
amhildreth is a Moderator
amhildreth is a Supporting Member
amhildreth donated to help Peyton Trent
amhildreth supports Bob Gurnsey
amhildreth supports our troops
welcome back brother - I was also in the game, left for a while, and came back to it. Compete Paintball has a sweet indoor setup on Exchange street with decent paint prices (including Marbs!). I've never been to Jello-O land, but have to try it.

SCP, Carter's Commandos, CanCon
Old 05-16-2002, 10:32 AM #5
jfreak

If you want to play indoor locally, the Jell-o factory is my fav. I used to enjoy going to Compete, much better prices than the post office, but I haven't been there in over a year, mostly due to time constraints. That's indoor. If you want outdoor, the two big players right now are Compete and JPJ. Both are good fields, I would suggest going to both, as they tend to draw different demographics. If you have time this weekend, Compete is running a 24 hour game Saturday and Sunday that looks interesting. I will be working @ Joshua's Paintball Jungle all day Saturday, stop in and say hello. My nick is Scooter, most likely I'll be wearing my ref jersey with that on my back all day. Other than that, I know there are some other small fields around that are hit or miss. Most only open for private parties. The same guy that runs the Jello factory(in Leroy) also has an outdoor place called the Gravel Pit(near Batavia somewhere) Ive never played there though, and I don't know much about it.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:39 PM #6
gastric
Trusted seller! BUY! BUY!

gastric is a Supporting Member
I just sent you an email regarding Team RPC which is based in Rochester, NY.

We have our own thread in this forum, just scroll down to find it or use the Search feature.

Chris Graham
RPC Team Captain
Old 05-16-2002, 10:25 PM #7
spydervenom

although i have been tryin to get a job at the jello factory, i dont really like that place much. they dont clean at all and they have terrible service. it might just be toward me b/c they know i shoot a spyder but i dont care. that guy hasn't been very nice to me lately. i live in batavia/leroy btw.

oh and uhh, gravel pit owns jello-pb thats why it is g.p. paintball. and the gravel pit isn't played very often i dont think b/c people would rather play indoors instead of in an open field w/ like 5 50 gallon drums to hide behind.

Last edited by spydervenom : 05-16-2002 at 10:28 PM.