PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2002, 11:21 PM #1
DryIce

has been a member for 10 years
matrix probs, help please (front reg i think)

ok heres teh deal
i have the image mod (oh yes its me again, more problems)
ok... if i use the image mod (front reg is a shocktech cocker reg or whatever) i WILL NOT shoot.. or even make an attempt to sound like it wants to shoot... if i take the front reg off, and replace the image mod holes with the stock plug.. it shoots.. but it leaks as a result of the image mod (this is normal).... does anyone have any idea why this would happen
when i have the image mod in,... all i hear is the click on the solenoid
and thats it
and yes, i have turned it in all the way and all the way out, no dice.
thanks

oh... btw.. called tmc... talked to them and we went through the deal of pushing the bolt forward and then gasing it up (with front reg on) too see if the bolt would go back...nothing happened... any ideas?
original slide switch matrix #649
blue freeflow matrix #7 of 15
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2002, 11:27 PM #2
pHiBeR_OpTiK_11
are you my dad?

pHiBeR_OpTiK_11 is a founding member
what kind of tank you running? and .. just to make sure youve shot it while you turn the reg up right?
www.cmpmilwaukee.com
www.neutralground.tv
Old 05-15-2002, 11:29 PM #3
minimag25
shocktech cocker

sounds like something is wrong with the LP reg, look around and see if you can find another.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:34 PM #4
Brandos_Matrix

Change the reg on the mod. Thats the beuty of the mod, you can take any adjustable cocker reg and throw it on. I suggest a Palmers or Kapp rhino.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:22 AM #5
DryIce

the reg is brand new
heres the problem i am having i think
heres a picture

when air goes through the front reg (on the one labled image) it goes out the 2 wholes where the red arrow is pointing too... NO air will pass through the area labled by the blue part.... i even tried sticking a paper clip through it and nothing... this is the part that seals up against the manifold and in turn.. takes the air to the bolt if im not mistaken...
on the stock plug i can stick a paper clip through the part labeled in blue and see it through the 2 holes in the red labled part...
im not sure if this is normal but i would need someone who has the image mod to check this out for me... this seems to make sense... and infact hold true to the problem im having... since no air would be reaching the manifold (i think?) if air is not flowing through the blue labled part
Old 05-16-2002, 12:27 AM #6
DryIce

also
im running a 88/45 maxflo
and yes my input is up high enough
Old 05-16-2002, 01:14 AM #7
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
not shooting

Question, did the image mod ever work? Or is it brand new? I know you said the reg is new, but did you ever have another reg in place of the new one? Or is the whole image mode new?

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 05-16-2002, 01:16 AM #8
DryIce

yes the image mod has worked
and just worked not that long ago
Old 05-16-2002, 02:52 AM #9
b1g_kahuna

I was going to ask the same thing mstrkey..
alot of people tyr and do that mod ,but the body is drilled for the mod to work,,
Old 05-16-2002, 09:09 AM #10
DryIce

my gun has always had the image mod
i know it has to be drilled....
my gun is drilled...
Old 05-16-2002, 11:09 AM #11
MstrKey

image mod

Alright so it's worked before as is.....which leads me to believe either your reg is messed up. The other internals are pretty much static and hard to mess up.
Another thing you can try, is take off the reg but leave the rest of the image mod parts in the gun then gas it up slowly and see if any air is even getting through the passage to the reg. You should get a big leak where the reg screws in obviously. That way you'll at least know the air is going into the reg....
Keep playing around like that until you debug it. My guess is the reg needs a rebuild.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 05-16-2002, 11:12 AM #12
DryIce

the reg is practically brand new!
after messing around with some thing last night
mainly unscrewing and re-screwing things in ;o something seems to have "worked" in a sense
i am now gettng the solenoid dump that you hear when the gun wants to fire, but the bolt is stuck and not moving.... now im pretty sure this means that its not getting enough pressure, which means that there is still something wrong either with the reg, or the adaptor for it...
also, i am getting a leak out the back of the gun, so now i know the bolt is getting air (plus if left forward, the bolt is sucked back when gassed up)
Old 05-16-2002, 11:18 AM #13
MstrKey

reg

Pull the reg apart, check all the seals and orings make sure they're ok, then lube it up and put it back together. It may be new but it could still be a dud.

Old 05-17-2002, 12:17 AM #14
DryIce

tried a different reg today
same problem
any ideas?
Old 05-17-2002, 09:43 AM #15
MstrKey

hmmmm

If you tried a new reg and still have the problem.....then I would take the whole image mod out and check it over for obstructions....wear(something that may cause the bolt to stick). rolled over orings....anything that looks out of whack. I've never seen that mod myself so I can't say exactly what else could cause it.
Just sit down, and follow the path of the air from your tank to and through the gun till you see something suspicious. You said before if you leave the bolt forward and gass it up, then the bolt will recharge....so there is air in the gun. Maybe something about that mod is causing the bolt to stick, like a screw in too far, or and oring rubbing.....I dunno. It may be something as simple as you needing new grease. I know when grease gets old it can cease the gun a bit...and you get less operating pressure with a front reg then you do without one, which could be why the gun works without the mod, but not with it. Give that a try too.

Old 05-17-2002, 03:40 PM #16
DryIce

i think im gonna send it to TMC and use my emag as my backup
i will just have them plug the hole for the image mod and put the trininty i have in.. much easier
they said it should be covered under warranty work
Old 05-23-2002, 05:52 PM #17
paint

lol i feel u.. im having teh same problem.. but dont put a trinity,, it will leak,, reason is that the gun was drilled, and cocker regs need more flow.. i had a rock, switch to a trinity and back to the rock.. same prob.. i think its ur bolt,, change all teh orings,, and lube it.. and turn up ur inline reg a little,, not to much but a little.. if u now put a trinity it will leak,, but i will fire though..

best thing is to clean it all out, take teh gun apart,, lube the areas..