Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-13-2001, 01:45 AM #1
Paulis

has been a member for 10 years
Anno on Excaliburs....

Ooookay..

The more I read, the more I get interested in the excalibur.

How is the stock finish on them? I am talking about the regular, dull finish, not the Gloss one.

I hear that getting the body annodized again will void the warranty. If this is true, then is there any chance you could send it back to AKA to be re-annodized without voiding the warranty? I'd email them, but they're probably swamped with emails right now, and I was hoping somebody here would already know..

Thanks

-Paul
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2001, 02:05 AM #2
Poodie
Awaiting Email Confirmation

The ano on the stock Excal is dull black. Nothing flashy, nothing fancey, but it looks good on it. I think it is called industrail black.

To get the ano you want you can do 1 of 2 things. Order the certain color for AKA when you order your Excalibur to have it anoed. Or have AKA send you the raw body and all the other parts that need to be anoed. Then you can get it anoed by someone else. Then you send it back to them for assembly. I dont think AKA would strip off the stock finish and re ano it to another color for you. AKA also has different acid wash colors you can choose from. You will have to call or email and see which ones are available. I think green and purple at out now. I have heard they will do red and blue. The acid washes look amazing. I wish I would have waited to get one instead of my black.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21380
Old 07-13-2001, 02:40 AM #3
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
I called AKA today. I was told they have like 4-5 colors in now, but none of them were what I was looking for. She quoted me 1475 for custom ano' unmilled, 1500 for custom ano' milled. That's direct from AKA, I don't know how much the dealers can get them for. Hope that helps.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:33 AM #4
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
Try to get in contact with www.compulsivepaintball.com. I got a purple acid wash for $1330 shipping included. Not much of a deal, but better than nothing

Yochi
Old 07-13-2001, 01:33 PM #5
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Styles *****ley is a Supporting Member
Yeah the stock guns have a dull black finish which is industrial hardcoat ano. The good thing is it's very durable and scratch resistant. The bad thing is you can't strip it without loosing some critical tolerances. AKA doesn't want to strip or reano them. Also some of the pieces may have a slight degree of variance on the shade of black. I can tell a difference between my grip frame and body, and the top of my Sidewinder almost looks brown.

I would get the gloss black myself, that way a black barrel will match.