Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Freaking eyes... a minirant

So, I take my new-to-me Fly out last weekend to try her out before our first team practice (today). Bad day out... terrible paint, little problems, etc. I figured it was OK, since I was out there to find out what didn't work or needed tweaking. Anyway, I get home, clean my Fly, and now the eyes aren't responding to the drop test. Poop. So, I re-clean everything by the eyes, and promptly lose a detent spring. Double poop. I read the manual, check here and AOG, and come to the conclusion that there's not much first aid for eyes, and the spring is one of those proprietary Angel items. More poop.

And I thought my Cocker was a money pit. Oh well, it's either this or spend my extra money on the wife and kids!

So, on to practice. I'm taking plenty of backup gear today, though. Four guns, three hoppers, three tanks, two sets of goggles, and a partridge in a pear tree. I need to simplify my life!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Angel forum.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2005, 06:32 AM #2
flamingmonkeyman
ak amry *907*

that sucks. are the batteries good and are the eyes pluged in to the bord sorry but i had to aks
Old 04-04-2005, 07:33 AM #3
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
"Ain't it funny how it all turns out?" - Jimmy Buffett

So, yesterday, I took my slightly-broke Fly out to team practice. One detent screwed, no eyes. I just turned the eyes off, according to the board, and went out. I was worried about running a Reloader B on her, but lo and behold, she didn't skip a beat. Not a single chop all day through a full case, although I did get a few barrel bursts. And she was FAST all day, too. Now I don't feel so bad.

BTW, yeah, the battery's good, and I double-checked the board connection. Seemed strange for the eyes just to crap out like that, but what can ya do? I guess it's an excuse to get the G7 eyes now.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:27 AM #4
*~-Stihgnob-~*

Heh, that sucks. Take off the protective rubber pieces and look at the tip of each eye. Make sure they don't have a scratch or aren't crushed or anything of that sort. Of course if that's the problem you'll need new eyes anyway. Other than that and making sure there isn't any dirt clogging the ye ports I couldn't think of what else could be wrong.

Originally posted by cockerman1417
either way. Smart parts would sue you.

Originally posted by Lipglossandblac
VIVA LA WDP
Old 04-04-2005, 10:31 AM #5
ermeynator
Leopard print

ermeynator is a Supporting Member
Contact a MT and get some detent springs and go to paintballace.com and buy some eyes.
Sam's
Misguided
Children
Old 04-04-2005, 07:34 PM #6
brokenleg
Squid, Whale, MFn' T-rex!

sounds familiar... took me almost 3 weeks to get my springs too(without buying a $25 detent pack...
I am of the opinion that there should be a few extra in the parts kit. especially when the eyes need cleaned so often.