PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2002, 11:20 AM #1
zman2005
UR BUNKERED

has been a member for 10 years
Gas efficantly......co2 or n2 or both or what!!

hey..... i have a 88/45 tank and a 20oz anti siphon tank. Will both work fine w/out having to change any settins and will there be consistancy problems if i use Co2. I want to use both but not if i9 have to change seettins also i dont wnat to if the Co2 will hurt any part of my gun.......lmk thanks
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2002, 11:46 AM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
just say no!

My guess would be that you will get more shots out of your 88/4500 then you would out of your 20 oz CO2. Even if you didn't I wouldn't suggest using CO2 on a matrix. Yes I know it's possible....but with that kind of firepower the CO2 is going to reek havoc on the orings in the matrix. Anti-siphon or not....they will absorb CO2 and they will chill down. Aside from that CO2 is very dirty which is also bad for orings and solenoids. Stick with the air.....you'll be much happier, and get better performance in my opinion.
If you're worried about air efficiency, set your ROF to the highest your board can go. That's basically the same as setting the dwell lower on other guns. For example on my stock board and bolt my highest ROF is 16.7. That's where I keep it. That's where it's most efficient. The beauty of the matrix is with a trinity you don't break paint no matter how fast you shoot(well it's rare anyway), so setting your ROF higher isn't a big issue. Unless of course you're playing tournaments with limits. If that's the case...set your ROF as high as it can go without breaking the imposed limit.
I know guys with bolt kits getting about 800+ shots on a 68/3000 fill so you should be fine. I suspect you would get about 1500+ on an 88/4500 fill.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 05-15-2002, 01:33 PM #3
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
Co2 works fine, so long as you have it anti-siphon.
A filter helps keep your gun free of debris.
Co2 will NOT wreack havoc on your orings.. I have NEVER EVER had a problem with Co2, besides one hotshot if its left in the sun. But you get one clearing shot anyways

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 05-15-2002, 01:55 PM #4
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
just slap a vert Max-Flo on there. Then your set with both. You get the most consistant reg in the business and it has the Filter built right into th the reg, so no shootdown.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:59 PM #5
MstrKey

CO2

Don't listen to them!!!!!!! CO2 BADDDDDDDDDDDD
haha
stick with the air.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 05-15-2002, 03:48 PM #6
zman2005
UR BUNKERED

ite i will stick to my air cause i dont want to chance it but......you say set the board..how do i do that?
Old 05-15-2002, 04:24 PM #7
MstrKey

board

Just look in your manual. It will have the dip switch settings for all the rates of fire. The dip switches are located under the rubber grip face. Left side if you're holding your gun and aiming, if I'm not mistaken.
The dip switches change the amount of forward and backward movement time so if you switch to the highest rate of fire...you get the least amount of movement time, which is the same as a shorter dwell time esentially. That will give you more efficiency. If you don't have a trinity.....you may not want to do this.

Old 05-16-2002, 11:03 AM #8
zman2005
UR BUNKERED

ahh but how do i actually change the dwell do i click a switch over or what....i only have the online manual that ig ot form thematrixcenter.com is it hard....
Old 05-16-2002, 11:27 AM #9
MstrKey

dwell

You can't change the dwell on the matrix. You can only change your rate of fire. Increasing your rate of fire is basically lowering the dwell time. Decreasing your rate of fire increases your dwell time.
So for more efficiency increase rate of fire....for less efficiency decrease the rate of fire.