PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-01-2005, 03:35 PM #1
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

has been a member for 10 years
Question A former SP Impy guy, has some Questions ....

Hello all,
I was a SP Impy guy until some A$$ munch decided to break into my house and steal it. So that leads me to do some good shopping around. I have a friend that has a 04 Speed slightly used (about 3-4 tourneys, VERY GOOD condition) heís been using his other markers so heís selling it, with a 68/4500. Egg 2 z board, barrel kit. Iíve only used an angel a couple times, I thought it shot great and was fast, lighter than my Impy.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with any tips about the angel Speed? (Iíve been doing a lot of reading and reviews but I thought I would ask around myself as well.)

1.What is the big difference between an 04 and 05 speed?
2.What kind of ups might I want, or look for?
3.Should I get the halo B or is the egg ok? (Iíve heard rumors about Halos double feed)
4.The 04 has a sensi in it, could I get an eye for it? (He said that heís only chopped a couple balls with it.)
5. How many shoots could I get off a 68/4500 tank?

Iíll start with that, I should find out tonight if he still wants to sell it.
Thanks for any help,
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2005, 04:45 PM #2
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

Re: A former SP Impy guy, has some Questions ....

Sorry to hear the reason for you getting a new gun, people who steal paintball stuff really suck.
Anyway, I'll try to help with the Qs.

1.What is the big difference between an 04 and 05 speed?
The 05 has an eye system on it stock, a 9v in the grip instead of a rechargeable tube battery and it has a magnetic trigger system with external adjustment wheels. It alsho has a twistlock low-rise.

2.What kind of ups might I want, or look for?
An aftermarket board with eyes, a new barrel (I'd get a fairly big bore DYE UL), a low-rise if it doesn't have one already. Maybe an aftermarket inline reg, liek the CP reg, but you don't really need it.

3.Should I get the halo B or is the egg ok? (Iíve heard rumors about Halos double feed)
Eggo is ok, but you can use a HALO on the gun. It's just a matter of taking the detent springs out and pulling them out a bit so they get stronger. Also when you use a HALO you have to make sure the ram adjustment is perfect or you'll get rollback.

4.The 04 has a sensi in it, could I get an eye for it? (He said that heís only chopped a couple balls with it.)
Yes, there are several custom shops that install eye systems on Speeds. Theangelguy (TAG),Warpedsportz LA, Impact paintball to mention a few.

5. How many shoots could I get off a 68/4500 tank?
Depens some on how you set up the gun, how good paint to barrel match you use and that kind of thing.
More than on an average IMP but less than the most efficient cockers.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.

Last edited by Fargbollen : 04-01-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:48 PM #3
big azn

if you have more questions head over to AOG
evolved
halo b