Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-14-2002, 04:13 PM #1
CRUCIATUS
nothing

CRUCIATUS is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Unhappy I need help,,,,does anyone have an answer??

Well, i just bought a new Matrix about 3 weeks ago. Took it home, tried to install a trigger, well,,I now have a broken micro switch. So, i have been told that no one has any boards in stock. There is a backorder waiting list. This sucks at so many levels.
I have a brand new gun i havent even shot. Does anyone have any suggestions,,or where to get a new board,,,btw mine is the pushbutton LED one..serial number 19,_ _ _.

also, why is it that anything dealing with Matrices, is hard to find. I mean, it took me a month just to find one. Now its taken my a month and I still havent found a board. This kind of stuff makes me wonder if I should have not got one. Will it always be like this?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2002, 05:06 PM #2
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
well, keep trying TMC and asking for one. If just the microswitch arm, I'm pretty sure you can replace it with something (forgot what exactly). Aardvark might have a few also, try them.

Ever since the Matrix came out, TMC has been doing a piss poor job in their quality and reliability of this marker, along with keeping things in stock. Hopefully with Diablo's merging, good or atleast better things will coem out of TMC.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 05-14-2002, 05:10 PM #3
MATRIX (Banned)

i do not know why you say the Matrix Center does a piss poor job. I do not think so. Maybe you had a bad experience, but I haven't! And it is hard to keep things in stock when the people you order stuff from don't have it either!
Old 05-14-2002, 05:17 PM #4
Treghc

TMC has been doing a very bad job. Better?

Why is it that like 1/5 Matrices break within the first month? Some come with faulty solenoids, bolts, etc. It's way too common and it should be stopped. Your reputation would be SO much better if everyone KNEW that without a doubt there Matrix was gonna work.

PBC regs were out of stock for about 3-4 months, or so it said on their web page. Bolt Kits have been out of stock for 2 months. Nothing is ever in stock anymore

Your PBC regs cost $70... Trinities (the exact same thing) are $45.

I ordered an LCD ASA from them and got their fugly PBC one... umm... how?

I, along with many others have yet to be impressed by TMC

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien

Last edited by Treghc : 05-14-2002 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 05:47 PM #5
MATRIX (Banned)

you say one in five matrices break and you think that is the Matrix Center's fault? Be it known that the Matrix is not assembled in by TMC. It is made in Canada. Many people think that we make the Matrix and we dont. You say our reputation would be better if ppl knew their matrix would work out of the box..again, its not our fault...we'll fix it, but do not say that its our fault!

Quote:
TMC has been doing a piss poor job in their quality and reliability of this marker
Again, not our fault. The matrix is as reliable as the person who uses it. With proper care, it'll work no problem. OK, yes, some came with faulty parts and is understandable. The demand for this marker is high.

Im not going to bring up the issue with the cost because it isn't worth it for me. You can say what you want about TMC. Oh, about the ASA, that was a faulty part with our technology, send it back, and it'll be replaced!

About the serial number, i dont recall any guns with a 19*** number. It went up to about 02500 and then jumped to 20000 but I may be wrong! And I dont mean to make your thread bad byu arguing in it. Just since with the release of the LCD's approaching, LED parts are kinda difficult to get

Last edited by MATRIX : 05-14-2002 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:04 PM #6
Meathead

here is some help

if you don't know what the heck you are doing then don't mess with things. And don't be mad at others for your faults!!!
Old 05-14-2002, 06:45 PM #7
Treghc

to cut the story short, from what I've heard and personally experienced, TMC could work on many things. To me, it doesn't seem as if they're trying hard enough... It's all opinion though, there is no right or wrong.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 05-14-2002, 06:55 PM #8
MATRIX (Banned)

well..what are we not trying hard enough on?
Old 05-14-2002, 08:36 PM #9
CRUCIATUS
nothing

well,,all i know is,,at least impulses have metal microswitches,,not plastic like this one,,,ive only had my matrix for 3 weeks, which i havent even got to shoot yet since no one seems to have a LED board instock,,but i think they could have beefed up the micro switch a little.

I dont know what to do at this point,,no one has my board,,i have this damn thing and i cant play with it. Granted it was my fault, but Air Tech, Diablo, whoever should have these things instock......

and my serial number is 01927 ,,,is this new? i hope
Old 05-14-2002, 11:51 PM #10
ELDOG

Stop bashing TMC they have great products and I have had nothing but great service from them. Like MATRIX said they do not assemble matrixes, they fix them. You have to understand that even though aardvark sells their trinities at 45 dollars, you have to pay 20 dollars to ship it, that brings the price to 65 bucks, still lower than TMC but not by very much, unless you live in Canada your not getting that big of a deal. I'm very surprised to see how many people just hang from aardvark’s balls, it’s upsetting. People **** on TMC whenever they get the chance, with no real point to their argument. Cruciatus, once you get your replacement board you will be very happy with your marker, most likely Diablo is putting all their boards into guns and selling them, instead of just replacing broken boards, like any other company they want their money. Once they get caught up with the Matrix demand I’m sure they will start having an abundance of replacement parts to keep your Matrix healthy. Yes I do agree it is all opinion but really, TMC is just a retail/repair shop. Do not think that they have anything to do with the production of the matrix. They can produce whatever parts they want whenever they want, they do not run on your schedule. I’m sure you were upset when you got the wrong part, but nobody is perfect
Old 05-15-2002, 01:35 AM #11
me262
corporate slave

dont fret over a new board, i can fix your current one no prob,
unless your just looking for a warentee thing, if not i can fix it cheap, even use a better switch.
LONG LIVE THE SERVOS!!........
Old 05-15-2002, 11:26 AM #12
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
send it to Me262

Ya if you just broke the microswitch you can easily replace the switch without getting whole new board. You could do it yourself if you found the right switch, but if not send it to me262. He does good work and you won't be dissapointed.
All matrix aftermarket parts and original gun parts are in high demand right now. They sell as fast as they make them basically. I know there were problems with bad regs, which are responsible for most people's matrix problems....and they have been VERY slow at correcting that. Other then that though....it's a good gun. Your broken switch is just one of those things...... You probably didn't have your travel screw set right which means your new trigger basically pulled too far....far enough to damage the switch.
Send it to Me262 and you'll be very happy......trust me.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S
Old 05-15-2002, 03:18 PM #13
-Snapper-
Matrix for life!

-Snapper- is a Supporting Member
I'll second that notion.
Send it to me262, I'm sure you've seen what he did to my matrix, if not check it out in the pic threads. Its amazing. As long as its there you should get it anoed too. He's the best person I've ever dealt with on the net.

Heres his addy:
sandbak@msn.com
Old 05-15-2002, 04:22 PM #14
LED
"They do exist!"

just for the record, the new LED Matrices come with Microswitches made of metal!
Old 05-15-2002, 04:40 PM #15
CRUCIATUS
nothing

hey, well, i sent an email to him,,hopefully he can help me...thanks for your help..
Old 05-17-2002, 04:31 AM #16
me262
corporate slave

i got you e-mail, but cant send back for some reason, try a pm
LONG LIVE THE SERVOS!!........
Old 05-17-2002, 01:11 PM #17
CRUCIATUS
nothing

well,,,i have a 01927 serial number its new,, and my switch is plastic!