Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2014, 09:02 PM #1
Kezrod

Super freak kit on Axe

Recently bought a super freak kit for my axe. Nightmare of a transaction. First off kit inventory says: 14" aluminum barrel, 14" carbon fibre barrel, apex 2 barrel, autococker barrel back and 5 inserts. What I received was two aluminum barrels one 14" one 16", NO apex 2 barrel, autococker barrel back and five inserts. Secondly the barrel back screws on only one revolution. As an aggressive front player I don't trust the barrel to be secure with one thread of meat grabbing. Plus why did they bother making 5 revolutions of threads if the intended on only using one? When I contacted Kee they told me "it'll be fine. It's our new quick thread system.". Do they assume we're all that lazy we would gladly take a compromise in the products reliability? Simply put have other axe owners had this issue with Freak back? It would be important to note I tried the same Freak back on a Mini and Etha and get 4-5 revolutions. Or does anyone have a line on Freak back Autococker before the "quick thread" system was implemented for us lazy Axe owners? Thanks for your help.
Kezrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2014, 09:55 PM #2
bchu

bchu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have an older back and adding 4 more rotations to my first doesn't bother me. It honestly sounds like you got a lazy customer support rep. Or maybe he/she is telling the truth. Did you at least get them to ship you the right parts?
bchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:27 PM #3
Cyk101

Cyk101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Who did you buy this from? This is what the superfreak is supposed to look like.
http://empirepaintball.com/empire-su...kit-autococker
Cyk101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:30 PM #4
Kezrod

No that's not what I got and still pretty much what I paid. Seller said they'd discount me on the price for the shortage of the apex 2 barrel. The Empire rep said that's how the kit is sold now. No apex2 or carbon fibre barrel because they weren't being used where a second aluminum barrel would. I'm not going to cry over the carbon fibre barrel and the seller is making right in the apex 2 but it was in small part why I bought the super freak. To toy around with the apex 2. The response from the rep was my exact thoughts too. So am I the only one with a barrel machine to only one revolution? Love to find me an older smart parts freak back with AC threads.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:47 AM #5
Cyk101

Cyk101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezrod View Post
No that's not what I got and still pretty much what I paid. Seller said they'd discount me on the price for the shortage of the apex 2 barrel. The Empire rep said that's how the kit is sold now. No apex2 or carbon fibre barrel because they weren't being used where a second aluminum barrel would. I'm not going to cry over the carbon fibre barrel and the seller is making right in the apex 2 but it was in small part why I bought the super freak. To toy around with the apex 2. The response from the rep was my exact thoughts too. So am I the only one with a barrel machine to only one revolution? Love to find me an older smart parts freak back with AC threads.
Well GoG also makes freak barrels and the fronts are all compatible. So if you want to spend 45 dollars and sell the one that came from the kit that's an option. Looking on ansgear apparently those freak kits are the new ones being sold for 20 bucks less, which seems like a ripoff given what you used to get for 20 bucks more. Or sell the whole kit and get one from Gog for 150 or less if you get the freak jr kit.
Cyk101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:14 AM #6
Kezrod

I wish this site had a simpler way of uploading pictures because it's pretty evident when I have the stock Axe, stock mini and super freak back next to each other.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:22 AM #7
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
With regards to the threads, KEE's not kidding. The fewer lead threads is the new Cocker system. Expect to see it on many/most of the high end Cocker barrels going forward.

As a demonstration of no loss of strength of the gun-barrel connection, I give you the Super Freak from WCO that Chris Jansen of Boom fell on in a dive gone horribly bad. Notice it didn't break or give at the threads.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:17 PM #8
Kezrod

What marker was Chris using? If I was using a mini or the Etha I tested this freak kit on I would trust it on that. The body on those markers lets the back thread on 4-5 revolutions.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:05 PM #9
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
never seen anyone have any issues with the super freak on an axe. I have 4 teammates with the barrel (on an axe) and none have ever had the barrel come off of the gun during game play.

and that barrel was on a vanquish IIRC

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:56 PM #10
bchu

bchu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
With regards to the threads, KEE's not kidding. The fewer lead threads is the new Cocker system. Expect to see it on many/most of the high end Cocker barrels going forward.

As a demonstration of no loss of strength of the gun-barrel connection, I give you the Super Freak from WCO that Chris Jansen of Boom fell on in a dive gone horribly bad. Notice it didn't break or give at the threads.
Holy crap! It looks like Big Foot took a bite and started munching on that barrel back!
bchu is offline   Reply With Quote