Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-12-2002, 06:20 PM #1
mjkocker
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
Which Electronic Frame

Im going to transfer my cocker to a electro soon. Which frame would you reccomend the f5, uprising, or racegun? Let me know if thier is any other decent electros also. I am a experianced cocker owner but new to the world of electros. Tell me rof, feautures and so on.
thanks mjkocker
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2002, 05:59 PM #2
Dkarc
SP= PB Nazi's

RACEGUN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

Learn more at:

www.racegun.dk
Old 05-14-2002, 06:59 AM #3
CenterFlag
Certified CenterFlag Tech

Uprising

The Uprising is a completely bolt on upgrade. Provided you can time your gun, it takes about 10 minutes to change from an Uprising and a normal grip frame (sliding or normal), or back.

The rate of fire is limited to the gun that you put it on, more specifically the pnuematics. If the 4-way has decent flow and a quick switching capabilities the gun can cycle faster than with say the stock brass 4-way.

The frame itself is capable of 13 BPS, provided your gun can keep up. If you get much faster than that you will need a warpfeed. A Halo or really good rev will keep up but you will still end up pinching balls.

The uprising only has semi mode because of the new rules for Nppl this year.

If you have any more question myself or PGA can answer your questions.

Personally I have owned an F5. I like it for the features it had etc.. But the thing was prone to break down. I ended up selling it because of this. This was also 2 years ago so I think that Rich would have worked out the bug that were in that prototype.

CF

Primary Email: centerflagtech@yahoo.com
Old 05-14-2002, 11:34 AM #4
pbjosh
In February -

pbjosh is a founding member
pbjosh works for a Paintball manufacturer
mjkocker-

It really depends on choice. IMHO the difference between the Centerflag and Racegun kits have more to do with features and adjustability than perfomance. Both kits perform solid, and don't have the dependability problems the other Electro kits have. And the Tiny Tornado frame is just funky, and under engineered.

The Racegrip uses a separate 5-way and dual action software to time the gun. Basicly there are 5 settings you can set through your PC or Palm (which I am recommending all the time) to set two separate functions, the release of the hammer and the operation of the solenoid. The solenoid is a very fast dependable unit, made by SMC, the same type that goes into an angel or matrix. You can install the whole kit on your table in half an hour, though I have heard of people doing it in 10 minutes. The difference in setting the gun back to mechanical takes less time, but I have never heard of somebody doing that. After you go electro, well, mechanical seems a thing of the past.

The Racegun Frame is timed using the RIP software, which is a free download. It should only take 15 minutes to time the whole kit to the maximum performance your gun is capable of. If you change a component or any adjustment in the mechanical side of your gun, you can change the grip software to match. By the millisecond. And you can see how fast your gun will be cycling.

The RIP software also is supported by a strong chunk of firmware, which inbedded in the grip and upgradeable constantly. All you will need to do to upgrade the grip firmware will be to download the most current version.

The standard RIP software comes with Semi-Auto, Classic, Sniper, and Full-Auto settings. You can only change these settings using a Palm or PC, so the grip is tourney legal under NPPL rules. Mostly, the F/A and Semi-Modes are used in timing the gun during setup.

The Racegun grip supports the Warp intellifeed. It is a cable that runs from the grip to the Warp, to spin it at each ball shot.

Also the Racegun grip supports an Anti-Chop-Eye (ACE) which is a true optical cut off Eye. It is not dependent on the color of paint like the Omron style that is on the Sand Ridge setup. I have run Racers with the ACE on NON-electric loaders at Full-Auto with no ball breaks. And that is with black paint.

Also the Racegun lets you use any standard 45 frame grip cover, like the new ones with the built in game timer, and you can also change out the grip frame trigger guards to a single finger style.

And the trigger has external adjustments you can dial the trigger in without taking the grip off, and the trigger also has places to add springs to adjuist the feel to your liking.

And I have a link to an install page:

http://www.amped-markers.com/home/faq/grip_install.htm

That is a screw by screw install of the Racegun Frame.

If you have any questions please ask,

Josh

Colin @ Deadly wind: “We need to stay away from each other. You scare me.”

Owner of Patent #7610907: Paintball marker action assembly