PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-12-2001, 02:22 AM #1
peace_keeper

has been a member for 10 years
Upgrades for Piranha-suggestions?

I do not know what upgrades are best. I am running a Piranha EXT without exp chamber and it is running on air. What can i add to make it better? bolt, barrel, hammer, low pressure chamber, others?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2001, 02:24 AM #2
peace_keeper

specific names please

specific names please.
Old 07-12-2001, 05:54 AM #3
baclava
Sun, sand, paintball.

if you're using air (as in compressed air), you don't need an expansion chamber. your EXT already has a nice regulator, the flush-cocking bolt, low pressure chamber, and turbo valve.

if you like your barrel, keep it. if you want to change it, consider CP (customproducts-az.com), JJ & other aftermarket barrels.

if you don't have a 12 volt revvy yet, get it. you might also want to make your EXT more comfy - get dye stickies.

Last edited by baclava : 07-12-2001 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-12-2001, 03:18 PM #4
SuPrBuGmAn
The VLM Owner

I made this upgrade list for Spyders, but since Piranhas and Spyders are nearly identical--most of these upgrades will work between the 2 guns.

1. barrel: Dye, Lapco, or CP-just make sure it fits the paint you use most often
2. regulator: CO2- Mac Dev Gladiator, Palmers Stabe, WGP Regulators HPA- Mac Dev Gladiator, AA Messiah, AA Vigilante, AKA Sidewinder
3. Revolution- 12volt
4. Trigger job or eLCD/Hyperframes
5. High Pressure Air: Compressed Air/Nitrogen tank
6. Make your gun comfy: Grips(DYE Stickies are my favs) + Drop Forward(there are plenty, get one that suits you best-these make your gun more balanced)
7. Polecat Straight Feed(if you want)
-The next few upgrades are if you go low pressure:
8.High flowing vertical adapter: the stock one is too restrictive so either drill it out, or buy another one-AKA being the best
9. High flow valve: (any turbo valve) AKA being the best(although it won't always work in Spyders with the slimmer strikers), I use a Venom Turbo...
10. Bolt:stocky works fine, even better if you take the "venturi" insert out-AKA Lightning if you insist going super low
11. Spring Kit: maddman or 32 degrees, for fine tuning a low pressure system
12.Low Pressure Chamber: they all really do the same, but the stock one is just ugly.

-There are also things you can do to your marker without buying anything: sand down your bolt face(helps reduce ballbreakage), take out any filters that kingman has thrown into the lines(they are restrictive), if you have a shutter take the damn expansion chamber off. There are also things you can do to help your gun be less restrictive, polish your internals and the inside of your reciever, drill out your vertical adapter, take the venturi out of your bolt, and modify your stock valve pin..

Also check out the other Troubleshooting posts for modifications. You can find em here www.suprbugin.homestead.com , www.spyder-club.com , and Cookie's site at www.spyder-faq-center.com

You can get all this stuff at places such as www.g3pb.com www.countypaintball.com www.animalpaintball.com www.paintballgear.com and www.polecatpaintball.com
Zuiko Digital 25mm Pancake(f2.8) ED
Zuiko Digital 50mm(f2) ED
Sigma 55-200mm DC AF(f4-5.6)