Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-25-2005, 10:26 PM #1
drkIR3fly angel (Banned)
Banned

drkIR3fly angel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
In Response To The Rebound Board Thread

ok you have just stated in the thread where a guy questioned if his ramping board will be legal in the GPL.... You responded no. a perfectly understandable answer for an upstanding tournament promoter. However will there be systematic checking of cheater boards, ramping, bouncing, ect.... or will it just be the refs call to check a player after he has done his damage during a game? I, along with many who I am sure carry this concern as well would like to know the GPL's stance on how they will take care of the wide world of cheating put into paintball markers today. Because even though it probably wasn't as big of a problem in previous GPL tournaments there was no serious cracking down on such problems; as the biggest problem in the past few years has merely been trigger bounce. There are more than a variety of ways to improve your rate of fire now... there is now a plethora of ways in which one can illegaly obtain optimal firing options. the question at hand is will there be more of a stand against such types of play enhancement. while i personally dont care whether or not i am playing against somebody whose gun cycles paint faster than mine... it does raise a concern when boards are used to change other things such as velocity... i have heard of cheater boards adjust their own dwell in mid ramp as a software cheat to raise velocity and then adjust back when not ramping. these concerns are expressed to hopefully help the GPL keep an eye out and make sure we are all on level playing ground. It would not have caused me to raise the concern if the observation had not been made previously of GPL refs not lifting a finger to penalize much less even check such things... on a personal note i had a bouncy trigger at one tournament and when chrono'ed before a game it fired twice in one pull and i quick looked at the ref who was holding the chronograph in concern. he then told me straight out, "Hey, I don't care man... as long as you're under" My velocity checked out and we proceded to start the game.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2005, 03:27 PM #2
Nation03
Hiatus

Nation03 plays in the APPA D4 division
Good points made here... personally i think it would be cool if GPL took on the PSP/CFOA approach and demanded the 15bps cap, but that probably wont happen... But just as an idea, how bout making a poll to see if that's what players want?

JUst a thought...
Old 03-27-2005, 04:49 PM #3
drkIR3fly angel (Banned)
Banned

naw..... too much effort... i just wanna know their stance on the whole thing this season
Old 03-27-2005, 05:18 PM #4
Nation03
Hiatus

well maybe since its the "nppl feeder series" the refs and rules will be more strict..
Old 03-28-2005, 03:11 PM #5
mowUdown47
yeah.

considering you can turn ramping off with a push of one button now, there's almost no way to stop it.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:45 PM #6
U)2L
Pat@PROpaintball.com

U)2L is a Supporting Member
15bps cap will never be enforced as long as its an NPPL sanctioned event.

VISIT PROpaintball.com
ADD PROpaintball.com on Facebook
Old 03-30-2005, 02:16 PM #7
spezamaho
Shablam...Dogbert

spezamaho owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bah, still no word from either head. sheesh. nothing will be done, as always. like the sandbagging, and wiping and other forms of cheating. they put on a good show but when it comes to people not even in the grey area, but playing in general, they dont care. too many games at the gpl i have watched where the 2 sideline refs go oh that guy at the 50 was shooting pretty fast, and then not done anything about it. the enforcment at the tournaments are definatly way to lax, and i think thats the reason for the venue change, and also due to teh fact that many teams go to the ccpl (capt'n carls league) for its just a more iron fisted, in rules, tournament different player classes rook/nov/am and i think even a/b/c class for rook. they have a tight grip on the competition to make sure no one gets sandbagged. and thats the way it should be. teams going to tournaments and getting lit up by people who should be bumped to a higher level, turn there heads from that tournament. the class distribution, now that it is at dels will be much better for many teams from new jersey will come, with more competion. will anything be done? who knows, but if i were to give you an answer about everything it would probly be; most likely not, for it they wanted to it would have been done by now.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:49 AM #8
drkIR3fly angel (Banned)
Banned

^^^ i agree completly and an "iron fist" is what is needed in the GPL.... something to hold the GPL and the rules of paintball together
Old 03-31-2005, 03:37 PM #9
player12345
ICE WHAT??

player12345 plays in the PSP
player12345 plays in the APPA D2 division
player12345 supports DLX Technology
bah, still no word from either head. sheesh. nothing will be done, as always. like the sandbagging, and wiping and other forms of cheating. they put on a good show but when it comes to people not even in the grey area, but playing in general, they dont care. too many games at the gpl i have watched where the 2 sideline refs go oh that guy at the 50 was shooting pretty fast, and then not done anything about it. the enforcment at the tournaments are definatly way to lax, and i think thats the reason for the venue change, and also due to teh fact that many teams go to the ccpl (capt'n carls league) for its just a more iron fisted, in rules, tournament different player classes rook/nov/am and i think even a/b/c class for rook. they have a tight grip on the competition to make sure no one gets sandbagged. and thats the way it should be. teams going to tournaments and getting lit up by people who should be bumped to a higher level, turn there heads from that tournament. the class distribution, now that it is at dels will be much better for many teams from new jersey will come, with more competion. will anything be done? who knows, but if i were to give you an answer about everything it would probly be; most likely not, for it they wanted to it would have been done by now.

A little punctuation and grammar goes a long way. I don't check this thread often so here is my answer. It is a NPPL feeder event with NPPL modified rules...meaning 1 pull 1 shot and since I am the ultimate ref there will be an "iron fist" displayed at all events. Everyone who knows me, knows how strict I am so if it is written in the rules it will be enforced. There are different classes at the GPL so I don't see what you are saying, if you get smacked off the field the other team must be sandbagging...paintball is a funny game, at any given time team A can beat team B yet team B has always beaten team A at practice. That is what the ID system is used for. As for other forms of cheating, it is paintball and the teams will try to do what they have to win and the refs will be there to enforce the rules...everything will not be caught but the refs will try their hardest to make sure the best team wins fair and square. As for cheater boards out there, I know many of the mods but I will not have the robot on hand to catch a few but I can tell you,I know when guns ramp and how to activate / deactivate the ramps. There are certain codes to use but beware players refs will have the authority to take markers on the spot without any warning to check for ramp. DQ is the answer if caught and is it worth wasting your time, your teams time and not to mention all the cash for an extra 3 -6 balls. Markers are fast enough without ramp , just play with semi and let the skill shine.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:30 PM #10
Hammersmith
O&A Party Rock!

" Markers are fast enough without ramp , just play with semi and let the skill shine."

Can get an Amen!

Well said.
Atlas Paintball Park
R7
OSK
Old 03-31-2005, 04:31 PM #11
Nation03
Hiatus

AMEN!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:29 PM #12
x_morpheusb24_x
Powerslide Powerslide

x_morpheusb24_x is a Supporting Member
Amen Brother!
Team Adrenaline Crisis
My Feedback
Old 04-03-2005, 03:51 PM #13
drkIR3fly angel (Banned)
Banned

thank you player12345 ..... that is all i was looking for, an offical statement on the stance the GPL will take on those issues was what i was looking for. cleared alot of misconceptions there and i appreicate it. looks like this year's GPL will be better than ever,
THANKS!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:33 PM #14
spezamaho
Shablam...Dogbert

spezamaho owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i realize what i said seemed quiet harsh, and i apologize for that. i am glad to hear that you will be joining the gpl ranks, player12345.