Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-24-2005, 01:21 AM #1
half-step

half-step is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Input - Output on stabilizer

I just bought a used male stabilizer. I want to confirm the input and output ports on it. The stabilizer has no markings on it to determine the ports like the pictures show on the website. My logic tells me that the output port/gauge port is the side with the hole leading up to the front block. If this is true, then the previous owner had the the ports backwards.

If it was backwards and air was applied, would this cause any damage to the stabilizer?

Thanks . . . sorry if this question has been asked before. I tried a search and came up empty handed.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2005, 03:04 AM #2
Himurax13 (Banned)
Rare and Exotic Gun Wh@re

Himurax13 is a Supporting Member
Well depending on where the threads stop on your marker will determine where the holes line up. The should be a small letter to the right of the hole. The I is the input and the O is the output/guage hole. I don't know if it will do any damage but I am sure that it wont work properly. Does the marker work?
Old 03-24-2005, 08:41 AM #3
half-step

I am still putting the marker together, so I don't know about the stabilizer yet. It is an ongoing project at this point. Still getting all the parts for my T1.

I checked many times for the markings on the stabilizer, but nothing. If all the stabilizers are marked the same with "STABILIZER Palmer Pusuit Shop" at the bottom of the stabilizer, then the output would be the port facing the writing, correct?

Anybody know for sure? I am like 99% sure of my logic, but I want to be 100% from someone who knows for sure.

Grey TES * CP Reg * Bullet Drop w/On-Off * Bandit Bolt * 50g Switch * 3 Point Stock Trigger Mod * Rocket Valve * Clamp Feedneck * JAVA Recharge Mod

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback
Old 03-24-2005, 09:07 AM #4
Himurax13 (Banned)
Rare and Exotic Gun Wh@re

Himurax13 is a Supporting Member
Well all of the stabalizers I have owned had a metallic sticker on them. I am pretty sure they were all not placed exactly in the same spot.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:46 PM #5
hs2000
Pumper for Life.

try both, one will work the other will just be a gas threw grip.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:25 PM #6
GP@PPS
"Qualified" Airsmith

GP@PPS is a Supporting Member
GP@PPS works for a Paintball manufacturer
Strange that the ports are not marked at all. Most black ano Stabs are etched at the ports with "IN" and "OUT". Older units are stamped with a small "I" or "O".

If there is nothing in either of the prts it is pretty easy to tell the difference. At one port "Out" the cross holes into/from the port go up into the part that screws into the ASA. The opposite is the Input port and the small hole connecting to that port goes donward to the control valve only.

Input to the wrong port won't hurt anything but the reg can't function as it should.

Do it right or don't bother.

Living life and ridin this mutha till the wheels fall off.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/Paladin's%20Pride.gif
Old 03-27-2005, 10:30 PM #7
half-step

Yeah, thought it was strange also. But no markings at all. BTW, I was correct in my logic. Your middle paragraph is what I logically deducted. I did call Palmers and they were very helpful.

Dragun Mods*Manuals
My Feedback