Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-23-2005, 07:34 AM #85
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by demkon
if your reffing your not expecting to get litup, maybe a couple shots here and there, but something like that would probably catch a ref off guard, plus it sucks getting hit while reffing more cuz u arent even playing and u dont have the adrenaline pumping
QFT. Getting hit while playing isnt a big deal at all. Taking extra shots as a ref starts to hurt like hell, especially if you catch them in the neck.

B9 Username: Youth In Asia
Old 03-23-2005, 07:39 AM #86
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode

Annual Supporting Member
CrazyDriver84 supports Sherwood Forest
CrazyDriver84 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally posted by adamflath

....This is my 3rd session reffing the nppl. I would have to say ( not bragging ) one of the top refs that knows all the rules, respects all the players even when cursing at yelling, and gets along with all the players....

....With such disrespect to my fellow friends and refs i can honestly say i am done. I just hope enough "good" refs return.
Hope ExtaBoy and DKepp1087/anti-agg are happy because I said **** like, besides disrespecting the refs hurts us as players.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:50 AM #87
Sudden

Any one who thinks it is ok and justifiable to shoot someone else outside of a game because you do not like the call that was made, should have their paintball guns taken away and never be allowed to play the sport again. This Ton Ton player is no better than the hoodlums you hear about in the news that vandalize personal property or shoot people in the street.

-Steven Wright
Old 03-23-2005, 10:10 AM #88
minusone
UK Division

The player who did it is Moana "Mo" Dubray, a TonTon front player. Uncalled for if you ask me, and although I am a TonTon supporter, he deserves to be kicked off the team.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:38 AM #89
dj_alien

If a ref makes a bad call when I'm paying 1400 bucks plus paint and it can cost me the game, he deserves to get shot!!!!!!

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=558742
Old 03-23-2005, 11:39 AM #90
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Bayhouse is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by adamflath
With such disrespect to my fellow friends and refs i can honestly say i am done. I just hope enough "good" refs return.
Adam is doing what a lot of other good refs have done, quit. And we quit partly because of the unacceptable behavior displayed by certain players. Players like the ones in this thread who can somehow comfortably justify to themselves that shooting at a ref intentionally (regardless of the circumstances) is ok.

Like 143Paul said earlier we expect to get hit while running through lanes, and just doing what we are supposed to do. But being hit on purpose is inexcusable. I welcome anybody who can intelligently argue a legal or moral reason why shooting a ref can be justified, because so far I have only read immature emotional reasons why certain players THINK it's ok.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:52 AM #91
live2die22
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by dj_alien
If a ref makes a bad call when I'm paying 1400 bucks plus paint and it can cost me the game, he deserves to get shot!!!!!!
Your an idiot....Quit paintball now
Old 03-23-2005, 11:59 AM #92
Nick Brockdorff

Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Question So.....

Quote:
When all the god refs quit reffing, because players think that way... what are you going to do?

- Play without refs?
- Quit playing?
- Start paying the refs an insane amount of money to do the job (meaning you'll be paying double what you do today in entry fees)?

At any rate, the number of times this event, players or spectators THOUGHT a ref made a bad call, when actually he did not, is just like at any event.... A LOT!

Nearly every game I had spectators abusing me for not pulling a player with paint on him I KNEW cam off a bunker, and not because he was hit..... but had I pulled the player, he would have gone absolutely abe**** for being pulled when not hit.

You can't have it both ways guys.

Nearly every game some players or spectators think the refs made good calls - and others the exact opposite.... and if you think refs should get hosed every time someone thinks they made a bad call, they'll get hosed every game.

Refs aren't perfect - nobody are - but those refs that work their ***** off game after game, moving to stay ahead of the game, not shying away from making the tough calls when people break the rules (deliberately or not), trying their damndest to make sure the games are run as fair as possible, do not deserve abuse (much less geting hosed) from the players.... and if the players keep it up, the good refs will just quit, because it is simply not worth it!

One thing I took away from this event was, that the Pros are actually the ones that treat the refs best..... the number of arguments I had with Pro players were very limited, and the few I had were usually resolved in an amicable manner.... especially because the Pros usually have the balls to admit when they are wrong, or accept a call once it is explained to them..... whereas many lower ranked teams just keep on debating and debating to no end, in an argument they cannot win and which is largely pointles.

(this is obviously NOT counting that Tontons incident )

Nick

Last edited by Nick Brockdorff : 03-23-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:52 PM #93
TheRoyAllen
H-Town Hero

Well im just glad that i got the real story from the ref that got shot. I cant even imagine how mad you must have been about that, it makes me mad as hell just when some dumb noob shoots me like twice when im reffing.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:28 PM #94
Paintcheck17

Quote:
Originally posted by TXgonePlaya311
Mike your a freaken joke!
ewww getting to reff hunington beach is such an honor....
bull **** it is, who gives a **** about reffing it and if you were to do it why would getting light the hell up be justified... ur a freaken idiot

that guy deserves to be charged with assault comming from a fellow reff thats bull **** and inexcusable
Old 03-23-2005, 04:19 PM #95
tricked03cocker (Banned)
Banned

tricked03cocker is a Supporting Member
err
Old 03-23-2005, 04:57 PM #96
tyguy54

hhahahahahaha anyone hear about the kid who got shot in the face off the break and then he turned to the nearest reff and shot him in the goggles and as the reff cleaned his own goggles the player cleaned his as best he could then wiped his goggles on the punker back and forth to smeer it around while the reff watched him and then called the reff over to clean his goggles off....

im sorry but thats just straight up gangster

"Originally posted by jman718
tyguy= the gay guy in the back corner "

RACE frame 4 life represent
Old 03-23-2005, 08:16 PM #97
trueballa649
IM RIK JAMES BIITCH

Being a ref for intensional shooting the call was player is suspened for 1 year -100 point score and also the cops were called for shooting with intent to harm
Redz Sedition B #21

Stand up and shout when sedition break out
Old 03-23-2005, 10:25 PM #98
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode

Annual Supporting Member
CrazyDriver84 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Some people are just idiots and the only way this is going to happen less is the players have to be forced. The NPPL and the like have to enact harsher penalties for misconduct. They really want to be taken seriously as a sport and in order for that to happen they have to make sure incidents like this are kept to a minimum and make players understand the refs are in charge. They also have to make sure the refs are top notch. I know the ref in this incident was doing a good job, but Pro paintball has notoriously spotty reffing.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:41 PM #99
XtraBoy

Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel116
as he walks back the center tonton player comes from behind the bunker and continually overshoots the player 15-20 times. just a completly uncalled for action . I ran in to pull him for overshooting.
haha, i remeber that. That was some funny crap.

Ok, so that was determential to our sport, but come frikken on, we ALL love watching pro's and just random people getting bonus balled, it all makes us smile like "Wow, i sure am glad im not him, hahaa." and "Haha, his bunker attempt FAILED!"

Not even the ref that told the story can describe the whole thing, seeing as how he was looking at the other team when all the paintballs came flying at him.

Really, only people that were there during the time to post about it was the ref, myself, and my brother (who has not posted in this thread yet) for the rest of you... well, you werent there.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:41 PM #100
TheRoyAllen
H-Town Hero

well at least the guy isnt just gonna get a slap on the wrist for all this
Old 03-23-2005, 11:48 PM #101
Weavdogg622

god damn refs
Old 03-24-2005, 12:02 AM #102
LiKiDbAlLa
Wipe.Kill.Win

Quote:
Originally posted by demkon

you never here of any such disrespect to officials in any other pro sport, why should you be able to do it in paintball
Roberto alomar spitting in the umpire's face, Steve francis kicking a photographer?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:09 AM #103
XtraBoy

oh but even then, he's going to say "nobody knows who they are...." He most likely doesnt know who they are because he probably only follows paintball (like myself, i only follow paintball and related topics)

What about that pacers/pistocs (?) fight? what about that?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:18 AM #104
Weavdogg622

fighting is part of paintball its what the fans pay for. seriouslly how sweet would it be if the refereees formed circles around 2 angry players let them fight then eventually break it up
Old 03-24-2005, 12:21 AM #105
XtraBoy

wouldnt be very "sweet"

what would've been awesome is if that ref ran over and just jacked up the ton tons face, Ho, the crowd would've went wild.