PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-22-2005, 08:29 AM #22
AsylumPBJ

AsylumPBJ is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I was watching the game. It was definetly a ton-ton. He got shot out, pointed his gun at a ref but didn't shoot, put his gun down and walked to the box. THEN he came back out of the box (right near the end of the game) picked up his gun and lit the nearest ref probably 10 shots or so, put his gun back down and walked back to the box. The ref flipped out understandably and then there was a bunch yelling and all that BS. It was totally blatant, if you saw it you couldn't even think it was an accident.

Powered by: Fox 4 Paintball,PMI, EVIL, DYE, Proto
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2005, 09:07 AM #23
143paul

Ton Ton

Quote:
Originally posted by minusone
Was it Rage or Tonton?
It was Ton Ton - the player was suspended for 6 games and the Ton Ton's played short.

The Ref is in good health and recovering back home in New York.
"We usually find oil in a new place using old ideas. Sometimes we find oil in an old place with a new idea, but we seldom find much oil in an old place using old ideas. Several times in the past we have thought we were running out of oil, whereas actually we were only running out of ideas. Parke A Dicky 1958
Old 03-22-2005, 09:14 AM #24
MonsterD

Re: Ton Ton

Quote:
Originally posted by 143paul
It was Ton Ton - the player was suspended for 6 games and the Ton Ton's played short.

The Ref is in good health and recovering back home in New York.
recovering??
did he need stiches?.... the guy isnt recovering.... hes back in new your prolly doing what he does everyday...
Old 03-22-2005, 09:29 AM #25
1eyedballa (Banned)

I was there and saw it happen. The TonTon got called out, put his gun down, walked to the deadbox, then a couple of seconds later, walked out of the deadbox and shot the ref. Damn shame people can't control their tempers. Intentionally shooting someone who's not playing is technically assault with intent to harm, which warranted the call to the cops that was indeed made later on.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 AM #26
demkon

if your reffing your not expecting to get litup, maybe a couple shots here and there, but something like that would probably catch a ref off guard, plus it sucks getting hit while reffing more cuz u arent even playing and u dont have the adrenaline pumping

2k5 Ion #8113
Old 03-22-2005, 10:15 AM #27
<3<3p8ntgurl<3<3
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Teh Laser
If u shoot a ref itentionaly with a paintballgun its assult cler and simple(a paintball gun is a weapon). I think all such insidents should be reported 2 the police. If u guys are worried about our rep, well then it might be best to disasociate ourselfs from people that do these thing as srtongly as we can.
Step one: learn English.
Step two: learn to use English.
Step three: don't be an idiot.
Step four: refer back to previous steps.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:23 AM #28
MonsterD

when i reffed 5/10 man.... it was crazy.... i preety much got hit more in a day than in a normal season.... and it does hurt.... cause the adrenalin is not there.... but it only hurts a for a little while..
Old 03-22-2005, 10:56 AM #29
zale
hk supporter

id grab that guys gun and spike it with all the force i could muster.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:58 AM #30
dm4*gurl

grow some balls, if your worried about getting shot dont ref

myspace.com/dm4gurl
flickr.com/people/patty_fahey/
Old 03-22-2005, 11:07 AM #31
143paul

Quote:
Originally posted by dm4*gurl
Don't be a jack a$$.

We are not talking about getting hit as you go in to make a call. We are talking about some player shooting you from pointblank from the dead box 10 or more times. There is no reason anyone should have to take that from anyone.

I know I'm going to get shot - no problem it's part of the game - I know many of these are bonus balls. But I'm not out there to take cr*p because some player is loosing and wants to blame it on me. Face it - your loosing because the other team is playing better...
"We usually find oil in a new place using old ideas. Sometimes we find oil in an old place with a new idea, but we seldom find much oil in an old place using old ideas. Several times in the past we have thought we were running out of oil, whereas actually we were only running out of ideas. Parke A Dicky 1958
Old 03-22-2005, 11:13 AM #32
dm4*gurl

yes i understand that....when your playing such a big tournament like hb, your playing for money...if someone believes they are being screwed then tempers fly especially in paintball because of all the adrenaline...everything that happens inside the net stays inside the net

myspace.com/dm4gurl
Old 03-22-2005, 11:18 AM #33
Dp_Factory_Man
Dont Flinch,NEVER FLINCH!

so you take it out on a ref cuz you suck at paintball and get hit? thats one hell of a logic buddy. Its not what happens in the net stays in the net. Overshooting is overshooting, and ****ing a ref up for just calling you out is grounds to get your head kicked in.
our team web site www.ocloki.cjb.net
You Cant Wipe 20 buddy
Aim-EnDoSmOkInSmUrF
Old 03-22-2005, 11:19 AM #34
demkon

ok, thats no excuse to pick up your gun and start ripping on a ref, lol

you never here of any such disrespect to officials in any other pro sport, why should you be able to do it in paintball

i seriously doubt that you would be like "yeah ok im a ref it happens" and forget about it as you walk off the field, if some dude just started laying into you

2k5 Ion #8113
Old 03-22-2005, 11:19 AM #35
-Postie-
[949]

-Postie- is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by 143paul
Don't be a jack a$$.

We are not talking about getting hit as you go in to make a call. We are talking about some player shooting you from pointblank from the dead box 10 or more times. There is no reason anyone should have to take that from anyone.

I know I'm going to get shot - no problem it's part of the game - I know many of these are bonus balls. But I'm not out there to take cr*p because some player is loosing and wants to blame it on me. Face it - your loosing because the other team is playing better...
LOL...im not gonna get in this argument but ur an idiot.

06 Infamous Intimidator.
<3

Old 03-22-2005, 11:21 AM #36
demkon

yeah dont get into the argument then call him an idiot

2k5 Ion #8113
Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 AM #37
dm4*gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by demkon
ok, thats no excuse to pick up your gun and start ripping on a ref, lol

you never here of any such disrespect to officials in any other pro sport, why should you be able to do it in paintball

i seriously doubt that you would be like "yeah ok im a ref it happens" and forget about it as you walk off the field, if some dude just started laying into you
yea i would because its paintball...people are shooting paintballs at everyone, you pissed someone off so they shot you =o omg they must get their head kicked in...fricken newbs quit whining

myspace.com/dm4gurl
Old 03-22-2005, 11:38 AM #38
demkon

Quote:
Originally posted by dm4*gurl
i dont think you have room to talk about balls, considering u have none

plus if you were a ref and you would just allow someone to rip on you whenever they wanted, then 1. you would be a ****ty ref, 2. it would be really fun shooting you up, 3. it would be fun shooting you up

2k5 Ion #8113
Old 03-22-2005, 11:40 AM #39
dm4*gurl

no i would not let them rip on me, i would give them a severe game penalty, im just saying i will not call the cops or do somthing nearly as extreme as what you guys are talking about...haha i like your first sentance-i was waiting for somone to say that

myspace.com/dm4gurl
Old 03-22-2005, 11:41 AM #40
demkon

i agree getting the police involved would be rediculous

2k5 Ion #8113
Old 03-22-2005, 11:50 AM #41
JohnK

21.04 Six-Game Suspension. Players WILL be ejected and the team will play short for six games for the following:
(4) Shooting Referees.

21.01 Team Responsibility. Teams are responsible for the conduct of everyone on their roster which includes both players and supporters. During the event the following will apply to fines, suspensions and ejections. 2

2 In addition to these penalties, teams and players may be liable for damages and injuries caused under civil law and may be subject to prosecution under the criminal law of the local jurisdiction.

18.07 Embarrassing, Dangerous or Destructive Behavior. Teams and players participating in an NPPL sanctioned tournament shall not engage in conduct that would bring the NPPL, the promoter or any sponsor into disrepute. During any tournament weekend, players must not: discharge loaded markers in any un-goggled areas; harass or intimidate any individuals (including event staff and spectators); provoke a physical altercation or otherwise incite violence, wear or displaying offensive pictures, words or logos intentionally damage or destroy private property (including hotels), or engage in any other criminal, destructive, dangerous activity that would cast the sport of paintball in a negative light. See Rule 21.05

21.05 One-Year Suspension. Any player or team that violates Rule 18.07 shall be prohibited from competing in any NPPL sanctioned tournament for a period of up to one year from the date of the infraction. Examples of rules violations likely to lead to civil or criminal exposure include, but are not limited to the use of Prohibited Paint, velocity violations, and verbal or physical abuse.

I think the rules show that the player should have been suspended for 1 year not 6 games, in addition in an effort to make this sport grow in a responsible manner that player should have also had assault charges.

This type of behavior is total crap. So many players whine and complain because as they are strolling off the field they catch bonus balls. How would a player take it if they were walking around picking up their pods and another player from the opposite team walked up after the game and lit them up? There would have been a brawl.

If you think the Refs are out there to be target practice then you are a truely sick and twisted individual. Refs put in an incredible amount of time, effort, and personal money into helping this game because they love the game. They don't deserve what that Ref received.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:59 AM #42
live2die22
Banned

Yeah I would have punished that player and the team more than what they did. At least a year out of the NPPL. Thats wrong...