PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-24-2001, 03:47 PM #1
Nitro

has been a member for 10 years
Hello,

I'm New to paintballing and want to get into it. me and like 7 other freinds of mine are all getting paintball guns, and most of them been paintballling b4.

well anyways..... i was looking at the piranha pro becuz a freind of mine told me it is a really good gun for me to start off with and can easily go to tounry with it. im a quick learner and want to enter tourny level with this gun, bnut not right of way of course.

i want to be able to keep up with my freinds, there all getting spyders and tippmans but they really dont catch my eye. was thinking on the pro, nu-line outlaw, or spyder shutter. what do u guys think?

Advertisement
Old 03-24-2001, 03:50 PM #2
Nitro

oh ya 1 more thing, want to get a 20oz co2 tank, clothing, mask, and maybe this barrel. what do u guys think of this barrel?

Old 03-24-2001, 07:17 PM #3
sorisko

Well... although the gun might be very well it might not fit your style very well....there are a few questions you should ask yourself with any gun...

Does it require many upgrades?
- of coarse you will want to put some extra goodies on your gun, but after spending tons of money on a gun are you really willing to put more money into it?

Does it feel confortable in your hands?
- goto a field and rent guns, ask other players to use their guns.. if you replace thier paint most players will let you try their gun. Weight could also be a problem... not to put down other guns.. but autococker guns arent exatly the lightest gun ether once you get all kinda other goodies on it. You want to be able to hold the gun all day with out your arms getting tierd in between games.

Is it reliable? Does it require a lot of maintence?
- yeah all guns require maintence, but does it have to be totaly striped down after everygame cleaned...oiled..etc..

**My Notes**

Although the Piranha pro is a very nice gun, it may not be for you... the Model 98 is a very nice gun to start out with, and is very tourney compatible... You can upgrade just about everything with it, or just leave it alone to go in.. Just about every gun you will have to get a new barrel. Companys dont really put much effort into their barrels these days because they know that the new owner will go out and buy a better barrel, afterall, dont you want the best?? There are many fine guns out their, I think that you should check them all out, ask around about what people think, then choose one that will fit what you are going to play.
Old 03-24-2001, 07:50 PM #4
Nitro

i dont really care is it gonna fir my or anything cuz i can adjsut to anything. ive been around guns all my life and have no problem adjsuting to them just want to know a couple things about this gun.

is it good?
is the accuracy good?
will this gun be able to keep up?
would u buy this gun?
Old 03-26-2001, 10:17 AM #5
Nitro

plez hurry want to go and get my fishy
Old 03-26-2001, 04:19 PM #6
Avram
Happier when naked.

It's a hard question to answer, especially without throwing opinions everywhere.

Fact: All Piranha's function exactly the same
Fact: The differences between models are external
Opinion: I like the piranha composite trigger frames, but that's just me
Fact: Piranha's are great money buys, especially the lower end ones
Opinion: The higher end ones aren't worth it, either save the money and get a better gun or upgrade a lower end piranha

If you are buying for looks as well as function, the piranha pro is fine, but my first choice it to check out the BL and VTL first and see how much it would be to upgrade instead. If you want the anodizing enough to pay for it, go ahead.

The more important thing is that you are content with your purchase.

As far as it being tourney level, you will hear most people try to dissuade you of that view, but my opinion is that tourney teams win because of the attitude and skill and not the gun.

So to answer your 4 questions in order:
Yes, I believe it is good; you get what you pay for (generally).
The accuracy may or may not be good; some people get lucky with the stock barrel, most "upgrade" to an aftermarket one. This is also a function of paint->barrel match (at least In my experience).
Will the gun be able to keep up? Hmm… That's a difficult one, because it goes by two things: feed rate of the paintballs which is more a function of your loader and/or gravity and if you are running off CO2 or nitrogen/compressed air. It is unlikely you can outshoot your gun, but you can easily outshoot your loader and/or power source.
I would buy a piranha again if I were still a new player, but probably not the PRO just because it has some fancy things you can upgrade/don't need.

Like I said earlier, it is much more important that you be comfortable with the gun and your purchase.
Old 04-01-2001, 01:26 PM #7
socklesswhitey
WHAT U THNK I SOLD EM ALL

its definatly a good gun, but i suggest getting a piranha sts because they aren't much different and the price is much cheaper on the sts.

plz, dont let a loved one wear the brass eagle mask in my avatar. freinds don let friends wear brass eagle.
Old 04-27-2001, 12:58 PM #8
Paintballer_NC

Yea i would go with the sts instead b/c on the pro, you are just paying extra for stuff that really doesn't matter.

Soon to come:
12" Dye Boomstick
Pure Energy 68ci 3000psi Tank

Next Gun: 2k1 STO Cocker!
Old 04-27-2001, 01:53 PM #9
oldyellr7
Psycho by Nature

I keep seeing this sort of thing all over the forums, people are dragging old threads from the past, and replying almost exactly like what has already been said. If you truly want to reply to a topic, then state a new idea, or if a responce is seconded, (agreed with), then a 3rd agreement probably isn't necessary.
I'll delete this @ the request of a Moderator/Administrator

Last edited by oldyellr7 : 04-28-2001 at 06:23 PM.