Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-22-2015, 05:03 AM #1
Forrestball

Black Metal

So I'm not seeing a tread for black metal I'm sure there's a dead one somewhere but we need to revive. I can't be the only baller that enjoys this dark cold music. In high school and for a few years after I listened only to metalcore deathcore hard core bull**** I slowly started to hate all that and got back to my beloved death metal cannibal corpse then I started drifting into the elusive black metal genre I had thought cradle of filth and dimmu were the only thing worth listening to similar to black metal and boy was I wrong though I still enjoy most things from those bands.
Forrestball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2015, 07:56 AM #2
Scruff23

slayer rules
Scruff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:59 AM #3
christmasbandit
have a metal christmas

has been a member for 10 years
Never got too far into black metal, but it's always worth checking out Burzum, Immortal, Mayhem, and Wolves in the throne room. Blackened death on the other hand is some of my favorite music to listen too. Start with those guys and it should be pretty easy to branch out in a few different ways with them.

Feedback

ST:Metal Thread: Bubinga Wood
christmasbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:44 PM #4
Forrestball

Slayer is sick but more of deathy -thrash I've found some pretty enjoyable black metal lately immortal is some of the best along with satiricon as far as mainstream black metal. I don't care for the atmospheric stuff much, watain really surprised me that's pretty unique. Blackened death is probably the most accessible but I do think behemoth is kinda overated.
Forrestball is offline   Reply With Quote