PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-10-2001, 08:53 PM #1
Ackbar

has been a member for 10 years
Where can I get an excal milled and annos like this:

I want he body like this except the milling goes all the way across and the pattern done on the bolt chamber and middle chamber:

I want this sword on the frame under where there trigger guard and grip meet.

Site rail like his.

And theses dots on the back of the grip frame

Then when all thats done I want it all annod to a brittish racing green splash.
on/off switch - Rat Valve - Chrome Breech pull knob

FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ackbar : 07-10-2001 at 08:58 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2001, 08:54 PM #2
Ackbar

The last 3 pics came from Sparrow's gun. And the firs one from grinch.

FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2001, 10:34 PM #3
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
I would suggest contacting Jeremy Garret at Jackal Machine. He has a website link at www.g3pb.com You can email him the pix and he will let you know how much it would be. Jackal is an approved site for milling on the Excalibur and it won't void your warranty.

Jeremy has done some guns for us and his quality is top notch as well as his pricing.

Dan
Old 07-10-2001, 10:42 PM #4
Ackbar

I asked him and he can only mill the site rail.

FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2001, 10:01 AM #5
grinch
here we go........

sorry to take so long getting back to you on it.
my computer took a dump on me and wouldnt let me load up web pages..
we cant do the peppers on the bottom like that becuase theirs to much junk like the valve and stuff in that area. also ours arent going to have the sight rails, far as the grip goes we might be able to do somthing like that..
I cant realey help you n this one. talk to the guys at g3 on it..their good for that kinda stuff.
if yor going to get somthing custom like that then do somthing original thats a desighn all your own..people will respect it more.
balling is our biss!
Old 07-11-2001, 10:09 AM #6
Ackbar

Grinch can you do the chili peppers on the bolt area and the middle tube spot? And about the site rail. Can you leave it on in mine? I will send it out myself to have it done, then return it to you for the anno.

Oh and I did contact G3 they said all they would do was the site rail.

FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2001, 03:14 PM #7
grinch
here we go........

the havocs are going to have "peppers" on the bolt tube area.
all of them are going to have the sight rail removed.
we dont actualy do the milling on these..AKA is going to do the milling for us that way the lifetime warrenty stays in place and they have far better machines for this then I do.
we may do a special edition one when things get up and running that does have a sight rail with windows in it,but thats going to be down the road.
also were not doing conversitions on older excaliburs..least not yet.
as far as anodizing goes you would have to send it to aka to have it taken apart..then shipped to me..then I would have to have it anodized then send it to you..then you would have to send it to aka to be rebuilt..IF YOUR GUNS ALRAEDY ANODIZED THEN DONT BOTHER! unless its a raw gun then you can send it to be anodized..other wise this voids the warrenty on them.
sorry..I know its not what you wanted to hear but its all i can tell yuh. Im limmited by what AKA alows me to do.
and as far as the racing green splash i would need a picture to send out with it.
this might be alot more work then its worth...
sory dude...I wish I could hook you up though
balling is our biss!
Old 07-12-2001, 01:56 PM #8
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
those are the only 2 custom milled excals that have been posted in this forum and you're getting identical milling, just combined. I dunno, that's pretty lame. Good luck though, try www.g3pb.com or http://members.aol.com/wlfwrose for the milling and go through PK for the ano'.
Old 07-12-2001, 04:10 PM #9
XspyX
Team Backdraft

Wow, that would be awesome looking, good luck
Old 07-12-2001, 09:00 PM #10
MiniBubba

dude listen, I had my milling done my Jeremy aka Jackal Machine. I sent him an example of Sparrows milling to draw an idea from and my gun ended up looking extremely similar to sparrows. I was talking to sparrow about having him do soem more milling on my gun to make it look more original. We didn't end up doing it but I think he still wants another crack at the excal body. E-mail Him and ask him if he will do some milling for you. My milling was 85 dollars and wasn't as good as what sparrow did. whatever you do make sure you don't get one that looks similar to sparrows or anyone elses for that matter.
Old 07-12-2001, 09:42 PM #11
Sparrow

Thanks Minibubba...

Thanks so much for the nice words Minibubba!!!

Yes, I would really like another crack at an Excalibur again! I am also a paintball player and very impatient! Talk about impatient, I had my Excal shipped to me, milled it, sent it to P.K. for ano (begged and kissed a**), they sent it back to AKA for reassembly, and they shipped to me. All this took 3 weeks!!!!! If you don't believe me, ask Eileen! They did a great job, but I digress...

I really don't want to take a job, when it will take me a long time to do it. To me, over a week would be too long. I have talked (emailed) to Ackbar, and in my last email I asked if he would just let me know when he could ship the gun and I will let him know if I can do it or not around that time.

I have recently moved, and I am now starting to get things cleared out where I can make more time for milling. I also only do this as a hobby, so I don't want to get over-loaded to where I don't enjoy it. That is why I am not jumping to try to get alot of work. I want the people I do work for, to be VERY happy with the work and delivery.

Just remember, I do not have CNC capacity, so any curves, or anything that is not straight I cannot do. As far as prices go, I will be VERY reasonable when I take work, but since I only do it as a hobby I can.

I also think people like Jackal (sweet job on a back block)and even Grinch (that is going to have a limited series), should command a premium for there services. Let's face it, as a whole, paintballer's are cheap! Everybody wants something for half price, but special requests take time and money and there is a price for that. Heck, I would probably buy a Havoc, if I didn't do mine myself. If we are spending this much for the gun, don't skimp on the finishing touches. I can easily handle things to give a gun just a little personal touch, that everyone else doesn't have, like the swords. OK, maybe I went a little sword crazy, but they really don't show up that well with the anodizing. And really the first one on the trigger frame was a mistake, but I thought it looked cool! I do think that AKA should put one on the ball detent like I did, or at least somewhere. Well, that's just my opinion, and I digress again....

Just let me know Ackbar, and I will try to work something out. I have a few cocker bodies I can put on hold a little longer (I buy bodies, mill them and sell them, this way I can do them at my own pace)

Thanks,

Jasson.
Excalibur-custom blue #215
Old 07-12-2001, 09:56 PM #12
MiniBubba

by the way, I don't think Jeremy will do that step design on the sight rail. As you notice on mine it wasn't done, If you asked him to do things like swords and the type of things that sparrow did it would end up costing you alot more than 85 dollars.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:47 PM #13
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Styles *****ley is a Supporting Member
I was thinking about getting a raw body to do myself, then selling my stock Excalibur.

Here's a couple of AKA VLM bodies I recently milled:

http://www.trent.ceritus.com/styles/...milledvlms.jpg

http://www.trent.ceritus.com/styles/...illedvlms2.jpg

Wish I had more time and machines open to do it. We have 4 Mazak CNC centers where I work.

Old 07-12-2001, 11:50 PM #14
grinch
here we go........

thank you sparrow that is very cool of you for the kind words.
yes I agree the paintballers are cheap. But Im going out on a limb here and Im not making alot of money on these guns. Alot of people know AKA,s prices and alot of people know how much anodizing cost these days so its no secret how much money Im making on these guns. I would love to make about 2 or 3 hundread on these things but I know people wont pay it and that kinda bums me out but Im doing this becuase I love what I do.
the limmited edition ones arent going to be a whole lot different..they are going to have really neet anodizing and chances are Im only going to do the colors for each gun a few times. That way you are getting somthing all your own..when I say limmited I mean limmited!

their also going to have either a OTP barrel or a cp kit..havent decided yet.
the reguler havocs are just going to be pretty much what we have seen in the other posts already with solid colors.
now on to the jackal thing.... those guys do really nice work..nothing super super radical and thats why I like them, they achieve somthing cool without going over the top. to me that is a sighn of somone that is an artist with a mill..alot of these guys do this stuff from the hip with no cnc and that takes alot of talent. more so then I have ( this is why Im having AKA do all my milling..I know its being by good people on good machines).
anyways..Im still looking for somthing different for a very limmited edition like only 4 of them to be made and thats it..so if any of you mill guys want the job then bug me ( you too sparrow ) I have no idea when I want this to be done though..I still have to get these havocs off the ground and thats going to take another month or 2 at the soonist
peace out Im outa here
balling is our biss!
Old 07-13-2001, 03:34 AM #15
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Question

So are you saying the first production milling pic you posted is what they will look like, or did they add any other cuts besides taking the site rail off? Surely they are going to cut the bolt tubes some......right?
Old 07-13-2001, 03:09 PM #16
grinch
here we go........

no no no..their going to change it to the way we decided to do it..on the bolt tube on the top , no sight rail ect. plus we have a few other things to do to it as well..
its not going to look like the 1st picture but the other one I posted with all the dumb half @ss drawings on it.
so to answer your question yes its going to have the bolt tube cut ect.
balling is our biss!
Old 07-13-2001, 03:17 PM #17
grinch
here we go........

for it is not that they are sheep
that defines their use
but that they are inflatable!!

sorry styles..had to say it.
balling is our biss!
Old 07-13-2001, 06:49 PM #18
Styles *****ley
GREY POWER

Talking

Hahaha, damn sheep always making me out of breath! I need to quit smoking. *huff*

Sound like some cool cuts they got planned, can't wait to see the final design come off the machines. Tell AKA to get those Haas rigs hoggin'!