Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2003, 08:02 PM #43
F00
 
 
F00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
 has been a member for 10 years
If you are going to play tournaments, don't waste your money. Yeah they are cheap now, but when you get out and start playing, it is inevitable that you are going to see something better and will want to buy it instead.

You want a cheap marker that will rock? There are many choices. Impulse, Bushmaster BKO, Classic Intimidator.

Does it have to be electro? Autocockers are insanely cheap. Automags (even though I hate them) are cheap, too.

If you are wanting an electro under $200, you'd do better to go with an electro Spyder.

But if you are dead set on buying a Rainmaker, go ahead (you get what you pay for).

All you idiots who like to bash people for giving their opinions because you're insecure about a dumb purchase, you can meet me on a field or keep your mouth shut.

Thanks
__________________
Evil Odyssey

Archangel *way of life*
F00 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2003, 08:14 PM #44
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer
 
hp_lovecraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
All you idiots who like to bash people for giving their opinions because you're insecure about a dumb purchase, you can meet me on a field or keep your mouth shut
You actually had a good post, with some good choices for starter guns....
But at the end, you ruined it all by making yourself look like a newb.
The irony of your statement is we welcome opinions from anyone, except those that are nothing more then ignorant bashing.

Nick
hp_lovecraft is offline  
Old 02-28-2003, 09:43 PM #45
automagsrule
LOIC
 
automagsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Monkey Island
Quote:
Originally posted by F00
If you are going to play tournaments, don't waste your money. Yeah they are cheap now, but when you get out and start playing, it is inevitable that you are going to see something better and will want to buy it instead.

You want a cheap marker that will rock? There are many choices. Impulse, Bushmaster BKO, Classic Intimidator.

Does it have to be electro? Autocockers are insanely cheap. Automags (even though I hate them) are cheap, too.

If you are wanting an electro under $200, you'd do better to go with an electro Spyder.

But if you are dead set on buying a Rainmaker, go ahead (you get what you pay for).

All you idiots who like to bash people for giving their opinions because you're insecure about a dumb purchase, you can meet me on a field or keep your mouth shut.

Thanks
I am now going to pick apart this post because i am bored.

Quote:
If you are going to play tournaments, don't waste your money. Yeah they are cheap now, but when you get out and start playing, it is inevitable that you are going to see something better and will want to buy it instead.
Its like that with any gun, bud. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Quote:
You want a cheap marker that will rock? There are many choices. Impulse, Bushmaster BKO, Classic Intimidator.
hahahahaha! you called them cheap!
rainmaker = $100
impy = $400
bko = $300
timmy = $600

cheap, heh, that was a good one.

Quote:
Does it have to be electro? Autocockers are insanely cheap. Automags (even though I hate them) are cheap, too.
rainmaker = electro cocker for $100
2k3 cocker = mech. cocker for $250 - $300
automag = no barrel stock, no bottom line, etc. for $250

Quote:
If you are wanting an electro under $200, you'd do better to go with an electro Spyder.
electro spyders are hybrids. open bolt blowbacks aren't meant to be operated by an electro sear tripper, therefore hindering the performance of the spyder. And come on, you have to give the Rainmaker some credit. I will admit stock it cant compete with the guns you mentioned before, but a spyder?

Quote:
But if you are dead set on buying a Rainmaker, go ahead (you get what you pay for).
yes, a good sturdy electro with much potential for greatness all rolled into a $100 price tag.

Quote:
All you idiots who like to bash people for giving their opinions because you're insecure about a dumb purchase, you can meet me on a field or keep your mouth shut.
i wont bash anyone if they back anything up. and drop me a line if you ever come to Washington, I'll take up your challenge.
__________________

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline  
Old 03-01-2003, 03:54 AM #46
F00
 
 
F00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Its like that with any gun, bud. The grass is always greener on the other side.
Not always. Get good grass, and you'll be happy. Don't put too much stock in old sayings.




Quote:
hahahahaha! you called them cheap!
rainmaker = $100
impy = $400
bko = $300
timmy = $600

cheap, heh, that was a good one.
Don't be a moron. Cheap has a different definition for different people. Just because you are on welfare, doesn't mean $300 for a marker that will perform isn't cheap for someone else. As mentioned before, you get what you pay for.

Quote:
rainmaker = electro cocker for $100
2k3 cocker = mech. cocker for $250 - $300
automag = no barrel stock, no bottom line, etc. for $250
Rainmaker = electro cocker? Shut up, dude. A damn hose stick out the side and an electro trigger doesn't make it an electro cocker. As for the rest, you're just reiterating my point.


Quote:
yes, a good sturdy electro with much potential for greatness all rolled into a $100 price tag.
Much potential? Why not get something good to start with? Isn't this what paintball is all about? Why support a company that doesn't give a crap about quality tournament equipment?



Quote:
i wont bash anyone if they back anything up. and drop me a line if you ever come to Washington, I'll take up your challenge.
Why all this **** about "backing anything up"? You want me to go find a physics professor to tell you that a Rainmaker falls short when it comes to performance compared with just about everything else? Yes a Rainmaker does its job. It makes paintballs fly out of a barrel. Whoopity-doo. But other markers do the job better.

As far as "taking up my challenge" I'd be happy to give you a one-on-one lesson at World Cup. Bring your Rainmaker and we can discuss how it might have hindered you

And hp-lovecraft, your colleagues weren't being very "open-minded" when others gave their opinions earlier in the post. And to tell you the truth, only posers and recballers use the word "newb" anymore. Have fun completing your missions at the next scenario.
__________________
Evil Odyssey

Archangel *way of life*
F00 is offline  
Old 03-01-2003, 07:16 AM #47
Aluminum Gerbil
SKrilla 4 Rilla
 
Aluminum Gerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nebraska
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Don't be a moron. Cheap has a different definition for different people. Just because you are on welfare, doesn't mean $300 for a marker that will perform isn't cheap for someone else. As mentioned before, you get what you pay for.
I agree with you, cheap does have a different definition to everyone. but you can't argue that the rainmaker is a great way to get into electros without breaking the wallet. Some people don't like electros, the rainmaker would be a good way for someone to experiment with them without breaking the bank on any budget.


Quote:
Rainmaker = electro cocker? Shut up, dude. A damn hose stick out the side and an electro trigger doesn't make it an electro cocker. As for the rest, you're just reiterating my point.
Well they're not exactly the same, but they are based on the same principle. They're pump guns converted into semi's. The rainmaker works like an autotriggering pump. Remember the chameleon kits? Yea the rainmaker works EXACTLY the same way. So it has a fixed sear and the pumping motion that the trigger actuates makes it fire. Kinda like a cocker but not really.

Quote:
Much potential? Why not get something good to start with? Isn't this what paintball is all about? Why support a company that doesn't give a crap about quality tournament equipment
Believe it or not, some people acually play paintball for fun without going into tournaments. And speaking of which ScottQ uses his rainmaker exclusively at tourneys and he's quite the player. Now Im not gonna challenge you, because that on message boards is retarded. If you'd like to come to nebraska you can email me... We'll play. I'll even pick you up and drive ya to the field... We'll go out and have a good time on the field. But by no means am I gonna sit here and say Im better or worse than you, I have no idea. Just thought I'd point that out. It irritates me But if people were always looking to get good guns out of the box they wouldn't be guying stock cockers and mags when they could go all out and buy a sandridge or a LX CNC Emag. You'd never see someone with a spyder compact or a stingray or a rebel cause there are better guns out there. But when a rainmaker costs about as much as a no frills spyder it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
Aluminum Gerbil is offline  
Old 03-01-2003, 07:44 AM #48
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer
 
hp_lovecraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
You want me to go find a physics professor to tell you that a Rainmaker falls short when it comes to performance compared with just about everything else
Foo- This is the part we are confused on. It just makes you sound ignorant. If you would explain the performance issues, I'd love to discuss them.
Even most Rainmaker critics will agree that it fires faster then most, and chops less then nearly all. Reliability and balance is better then most.
I know your going to have a cow, but the a stock rainmaker excels over a stock cocker in all those catagories. It has been discussed here at length why that is so.. But if you don't agree, feel free to explain why.

Plus, calling a Rainmaker an "electro-cocker" is a fair way of explaining how it works to someone who doesnt understant much about paintball mechanics. I'd love to hear why you think otherwise.

All we are saying is the Rainmaker is a great gun for the price. Its a big jump in performance for the typical blowback user, and better then most mid-level guns. But, I'd also agree that the BKO is also another great choice. Its better in some areas, plus has good support from its company.

Since I started playing before you were probobly born, I define the typical newb as someone who has played for a year or two, and still in the "flashy gun" phase. Has played a few tournaments, and developed a pro attitude, yet is ignorant of paintball mechanics, and general tactics. I suppose a better term is "wannaby".

Nick
hp_lovecraft is offline  
Old 03-01-2003, 03:18 PM #49
automagsrule
LOIC
 
automagsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Monkey Island
Quote:
Not always. Get good grass, and you'll be happy. Don't put too much stock in old sayings.
I don't care how good the grass is to start out with. I traded in my timmy for an angel, and to this day i regret it.


Quote:
Don't be a moron. Cheap has a different definition for different people. Just because you are on welfare, doesn't mean $300 for a marker that will perform isn't cheap for someone else. As mentioned before, you get what you pay for.
yeh, okay, because neither of us find those guns expensive means they all must be affordable to every person in the US. when a gun is three to six times the price of another, it is more expensive, there is no way around it. and as mentioned before, what you pay for is an electro cocker with potential for greatness with a small $100 price tag.



Quote:
Rainmaker = electro cocker? Shut up, dude. A damn hose stick out the side and an electro trigger doesn't make it an electro cocker. As for the rest, you're just reiterating my point.
okay, i guess it would be more accurate to call it an electro vortex, but you get the point. maybe you didn't understand, so i will break it down some more.
rainmaker = electro cocker/vortex for $100
cocker = mech. cocker for $250
racegun kit = electro cocker for $1500
mag = no barrel, bottomline, etc. for $250
barrel, macroline, and ASA = $120
working mag = $360

[quote[Much potential? Why not get something good to start with? Isn't this what paintball is all about? Why support a company that doesn't give a crap about quality tournament equipment?[/quote]

then why buy a stock cocker when you could just buy a dye cocker or an ANS cocker?

Quote:
Why all this **** about "backing anything up"? You want me to go find a physics professor to tell you that a Rainmaker falls short when it comes to performance compared with just about everything else? Yes a Rainmaker does its job. It makes paintballs fly out of a barrel. Whoopity-doo. But other markers do the job better.
i want you to cite your sources, diagrams, webistes, anything. not even that, explain in detail why "brass eagle sucks. just get a cocker" don't just be another troll who does nothing but flame the BE threads.

Quote:
As far as "taking up my challenge" I'd be happy to give you a one-on-one lesson at World Cup. Bring your Rainmaker and we can discuss how it might have hindered you
I don't do national tournies, too much to do at home. plus i dont use my R/M in tournies, its more of a hobby for me to work on it.

Quote:
Have fun completing your missions at the next scenario.
believing all big game/scenario players are newbs just proves your ignorance.
__________________

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline  
Old 03-01-2003, 04:14 PM #50
F00
 
 
F00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
 has been a member for 10 years
This is getting kinda fun.

Quote:
I don't care how good the grass is to start out with. I traded in my timmy for an angel, and to this day i regret it.
Ok, are we talking Timmies and Angels, or are we talking Rainmakers? Smarten up.



Quote:
yeh, okay, because neither of us find those guns expensive means they all must be affordable to every person in the US. when a gun is three to six times the price of another, it is more expensive, there is no way around it. and as mentioned before, what you pay for is an electro cocker with potential for greatness with a small $100 price tag.
Did you even read the dude's post? Here:
Quote:
Should i buy a rainmaker??? Why or Why not??
Did he say anything about not being able to afford a marker over $100? Quit it with all of the assumption. He simply asked if he should buy a Rainmaker. I simply told him no, because there is better stuff out there. Smarten up.


Quote:
i want you to cite your sources, diagrams, webistes, anything. not even that, explain in detail why "brass eagle sucks. just get a cocker" don't just be another troll who does nothing but flame the BE threads.
This paragraph reveals your insecurity. Remind me where I said in any of my post where I said Brass Eagle sucks.

And are you such an idiot that you can't tell the difference between a flame and an opinion?


Quote:
I don't do national tournies, too much to do at home. plus i dont use my R/M in tournies, its more of a hobby for me to work on it.
Two statements in this sentence do nothing but reiterate my point. First, you don't use it in tournaments-- That was the whole point in my first post. Tournament use. Second-- It's more of a hobby for yu to WORK ON IT. Are we talking paintball or model airplanes?


Quote:
believing all big game/scenario players are newbs just proves your ignorance.
I didn't say all of them....just you
__________________
Evil Odyssey

Archangel *way of life*
F00 is offline  
Old 03-01-2003, 04:24 PM #51
F00
 
 
F00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Since I started playing before you were probobly born, I define the typical newb as someone who has played for a year or two, and still in the "flashy gun" phase. Has played a few tournaments, and developed a pro attitude, yet is ignorant of paintball mechanics, and general tactics. I suppose a better term is "wannaby".
You've been playing since before I was born? What team are you on? What have been your accomplishments? Please tell.

Ignorant of "paintball mechanics" and "general tactics"?

General Tactics? Do you play tournaments? You play scenarios only? If so, then why are you arguing with me? I simply posted about tournament use.

As far as "paintball mechanics" I do have limited knowledge, but what I do know is what shoots better than others. I play, and we have our "paintball mechanic" to do this thinking for us. I win games. What do you do? Complete missions?

Is your definition of "flashy gun" something that is actually a quality product?

I'm glad you like your Rainmaker. It doesn't mean someon else has to, or no one can give an opinion of why not to buy it.
__________________
Evil Odyssey

Archangel *way of life*
F00 is offline  
Old 03-01-2003, 04:51 PM #52
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director
 
Kevmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Durham, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
sorry to stop the fun, but this "debate" is going round and round in circles. any Joe can see that. Closed
__________________
Kevin 'Kevmaster' Cullen
Webmaster, Brass Eagle Owners Group
Director, Owners Group Division
Kevmaster is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump