Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-13-2005, 03:51 PM #1
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Tony Savage of Redz Comfort Gear named Ultimate Judge for GPL05

Tony Savage of Redz Comfort Gear named Ultimate Judge for GPL05

The GPL is proud to add Tony Savage as the Ultimate Judge for the 2005 season. Mr. Savage has an extensive knowledge of the GPL and has played tournaments at the highest levels over the past several years. His vast knowledge of tournament rules and his extensive playing record is what makes him the best choice to enforce the rules for the GPL05.

When asking Tony to make a statement, here is what he had to say:

"Hello all, it’s that time of year again for the GPL. My name is Tony "ICE' Savage and I have accepted an offer from Brian Barno to become the ultimate judge for the GPLs. Having played the GPL for 2 of the earliest years and referred it for 3 years I have seen the progression of the league and sport in the past 7 years I am glad to accept the responsibility of ultimate judge. Everyone that knows me, can agree I am a very fair, but strict by the rules guy. Having played tournament ball the last 7 years, the last 2 years at the professional level, I know the tricks of the trade from the players view and having reffed countless games including local GPLs, World Cup 5 man , 10 man and the first ever X-ball tournament at Disney, my knowledge of the game and rules is quite extensive. By working in the industry for the last year, I hear complaints and compliments on tournaments people play. It seems that the winning teams have the compliments while the lower ranked teams have all the complaints. My intention this year is to address all issues immediately, thus creating a fun yet competitive environment for paintball. The rules will be strictly enforced with no bias towards any team or person. All teams / players spend allot of money playing this sport and I will make it fair to all teams that the best team will win the tournament by playing by the rules. With this being said the GPL will be following NPPL modified rules, this means little or no bounce on markers and no ramping at all. I know the number of ramping cheats is out there and to give everyone fair warning, do not try to use them in the GPL. Looking forward to a fun and competitive year."

Once again the GPL is happy to add the skills of Tony Savage to the GPL05. The GPL is the premier series in the NorthEast. In its 7th season the GPL is offering ALMOST A QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS in CA$H and PRIZES. With OVER $36,000 in CA$H and Prizes awarded at EVERY EVENT as well as overall prizes at the end of the season. The GPL offers a 3-man, 5-man and 7-man divisions of play as well as a Young Gunz division. The GPL offers 6 events spanning from April to November which are hosted by Del Hobbies in Petricktown, New Jersey. Del Hobbies offers the best playing fields in the northeast including a NPPL super 7 field and a fully functional Xball arena.

For a complete list of details on the GPL05 you can visit their website at www.gpl05.com or call the GPL hotline at 484-951-6056.
Also if you looking for a great place to play visit Del Hobbies website at www.delhobbies.com .

The GPL05 would also like to continuously thank the following sponsors:

NPPL,
American Paintball Supply,
Severe Paintballs,
Smart Parts,
Radio Shack/Hustlers Indoor Paintball,
Custom Products,
Center Flag,
Planet Eclipse,
J&J Performance,
Custom Sports Gear,
Morgan Awards,
Gold Cup Paintball,
Global Domination Paintball,
DW Designs,
Bawls,
DeadBox Media,
Orange Paintball Products,
R7,
Redz Comfort Gear,
NXe,
Warpig.com,
Paintball.com,
Force Of Nature,
Mighty Bunkers,
Lehigh Valley Paintball,
Global Paintball Inc.

Last edited by 357 Productions : 03-13-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:39 AM #2
clt113

has been a member for 10 years
Tony does this mean there won't be any "Gigi's" called on the field this year?
Old 03-29-2005, 11:59 AM #3
paintball on the Cry

Will this ensure teams get their prizes in a timely manner?
Old 03-29-2005, 02:18 PM #4
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Teams will get their prizes just like last year.

After the final game of the day.

Brian
Old 04-09-2005, 08:45 PM #5
TeamIronR
Certified Everything Tech

tonys a killer

::Certified Everything Tech::

www.jeffdrumheller.com

ST:Tech - Pics or Shens!
Old 04-16-2005, 02:33 PM #6
x_morpheusb24_x
Powerslide Powerslide

x_morpheusb24_x is a Supporting Member
Tony did an awesome job today along with all the rest of the refs. Definetly one of the better tourny series around.
Team Adrenaline Crisis
My Feedback
Old 04-16-2005, 05:57 PM #7
pballjunkie145

Yes very good, helped clear some stuff up. But we didnt get medallions or the BAWLS drinks.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:40 PM #8
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

not exactly sure where the medallions and Bawls ended up. I am guessing they both got shipped to the wrong address. Either way, I will mail your medallions to you and ship you your BAWLS.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:47 PM #9
pballjunkie145

I wanted bawls soo i could be wired tonight hahaha. Thats the one thing i wanted haha. But it was run well, but one thing the paint wasnt that great.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:26 PM #10
shamu
Transplanted

Quote:
Originally posted by 357 Productions
... and ship you your BAWLS.
Sorry, but that just sounds... wrong

Congrats to Tony and the all refs. They did a great job on the fields and were strict on the bouncing/ramping guns. Nice work!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:43 PM #11
HCKcerealkilla7

HCKcerealkilla7 is a Supporting Member
I want some BAWLS i luv them

hck