PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-09-2005, 04:13 PM #1
Radagascar (Banned)

Does The Epic Have A Bolt?

I want to know how the epic fires. I read the site description and I can't see if it uses a bolt or not. I have read somewhere it uses all air and the little trap door to fire a paintball. If it does only use air wouldn't it be an air hog..,,
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2005, 05:16 PM #2
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Just as the web-site describes and as we say here. Air is used to close the trap door apon airing up. This seals the breach with a paintball inside. When you pull the trigger the gun fires like ay gun by releaseing air into the back of the breach, then the air that hold the trap door shut is vented and a spring pulls the trap door open and allows another ball to fall in. At the complete trigger pul the Trap- door closes once again ready to fire.

We have a thread on this page with a diagram on how the gun works.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:57 AM #3
Radagascar (Banned)

I know, but i have 2 stupid friends that think the gun is a scam and just doesn't exist because the website looks crappy and we can't find it on any of the links they provide. They also think if the gun did exist it wouldn't fire without a bolt.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:11 AM #4
Spartan X
Unbanned

Well it does exist and I have one.

They also have a Trap door kit. Since the trap dor slides over top of the ball, you can if you choose too, match the paint. They give you 6 diff breach sizes and you just install each one to see which matched best. You want it to barrely touch the ball if not at all. This way to can match it up to the barrel as well and have a longer control bore fireing airea. I have yet to match my breach cause I've been to lazy.

Old Feedback

Old 03-10-2005, 11:29 AM #5
ritz
mmmm slurpees

they exist, i have two of them... and they shoot just fine.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:01 AM #6
Radagascar (Banned)

I know they exist but these two people are just so stupid and stubborn they won't believe anything they see unless they have "proof". They think it's a scam because the website doesn't look professional enough and if you buy one through the site it takes you to paypal and they think thats bs.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:58 AM #7
Spartan X
Unbanned

Well just about every one that buys stuff online, and especially ebay has a paypal account...it's VERY easy and conveniant. Also the web site design is VERY old. Remember the Epic has been around for more then just a few years. He does not update it much because they do not really have a web guy and they are more focused on Local sales then internet. This is why they are still so small and no one has ever heard of them....Most people heard of them first when action village started carring them...but they no longer carry them cause they can't sell them at a high enough price to make a profit. Thats $450 that Jims ells them for is actually LOWER then Wholesale cost's. Jim decided to undercut cost's and sell only direct so he could offer the cheapest price. And you do not think thats cheap...thengo to a mill and find out how much it cost;s for work in small batches....

If he made thousands of Epics, the epic would be freaking cheap, but he only make them a little at a time cause thats what the demand is. Plus if you make 1,000 at a time, quality control goes out of the roof and you have problem up the wazzu. This on the epic as a "custom" gun that has it's small place in the market, be it very small.

Old Feedback

Old 04-07-2005, 01:35 AM #8
Cunha

I want a used epic.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:56 AM #9
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

PM'd you.

DCF-1 Viking and FreeFlow Millennium Autococker

If you need to get to me PM me at my original screen name linked above...Spartan X. They unbanned my old account, so I'm moving back to it.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:02 PM #10
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III
it doesn't have a bolt, but the trap door can't chop a ball?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:41 AM #11
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

The trap door is shaped in a way that it makes it very hard to come in direct contact with a ball and smash it. Also Ice claims that the door only puts 3 lbs of pressure on the trap door, and that it takes 6 lbs to chop a ball....so thats why...

DCF-1 Viking and FreeFlow Millennium Autococker

If you need to get to me PM me at my original screen name linked above...Spartan X. They unbanned my old account, so I'm moving back to it.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:28 PM #12
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III
So this means that there is Closed Bolt, Open Bolt, and No
Bolt!