PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-08-2005, 08:54 PM #1
Muppet Mower

has been a member for 10 years
Stabilizer Help!

OK I have a palmer stabilizer on my Impulse and its creeping alot. If someone could post/ show a diagram of how to take it apart it would be greatly appreciated. Also could you tell me how to clean it too? Thanks in advance!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2005, 06:37 AM #2
osustevie

Not sure what you mean by creeping....Is the pressure going up or down? Here is a link for the Stabilizer on Palmers website.http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/techpages/stabinst.htm
I wouldnt work on it myself. Send it in to Palmers, it has a lifetime warranty. It would only cost you a few bucks to ship it out to them.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:06 PM #3
Muppet Mower

thanx

Russian Legion Fan #75

"Gun Skills!"
Old 03-10-2005, 07:55 AM #4
Lebow

To get to the piston, you can just take a coin and unscrew the bottom with it. Then just pull out the piston and spring. It is quite easy to clean.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:43 PM #5
hs2000
Pumper for Life.

I know what you are talking about, It happened to me once. check out this thread, about half way down I explain how to take it apart.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=848664
but I left out how to fix the creeping, after you take it apart take a socket (I use a 11mm put it is a standard size) and unscrew the brass nut you can now see. The brass nut (has an o-ring on it), a spring, a small rod, and a black disk will fall out, pay attention to how they fit together, it is not hard but you will need to know for when you put it back together. The black disk is causing the creeping. Clean it off and flip it over and put it back together. Just hand tighten the brass nut back on. If that doesn't fix the creeping you need a new disk which you can order from the palmers web site. If you have any more qeustions, just ask.