PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-07-2005, 03:28 PM #1
mechmagkid68

X Valve help

what does the Xvalve do does it make the gun an Rt or is it just a faster recharge. im realy confused about this all please help me out
can some one just list all the advantages to the xvalve thanks
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2005, 03:41 PM #2
Dryden
Team Nemesis

has been a member for 10 years
The X Valve is the 2nd gen ReTro Valve.

It's all aluminum (lighter), has a faster recharge rate (26+ bps w/o shootdown), the RT effect (reactive trigger), and includes the Level 10 bolt system (anti-chop).
Old 03-07-2005, 03:56 PM #3
fred0000

and ULT will be a drop in upgrade unlike the retro valves that needed to be milled.
pewter Dynasy Shocker, 14" all american w/5 inserts, New Designz Slik Trigger, New Designz Detents, HE bolt, CCM clamping feedneck, Nerve Rebound ramping board, Custom Products Regulator, Custom Products on/off ASA, Pure Energy 68ci/4500psi, VL Vlocity

Blue Ion, QEV, evo II, 12" progressive
Old 03-07-2005, 04:32 PM #4
mechmagkid68

thanks guys so is the Xvalve tourny legal because i use mine in a tournament
Old 03-07-2005, 04:42 PM #5
dirtyground17
Now Reppin 608

has been a member for 10 years
x valve is legal as long as you dont make it illegal. you can make them have a sweetspot and shoot almost full auto, but you can also make them shoot 1 shot per pull. i use only mags, and have 3 xvalves right now(2 in markers, 1 awaiting my devilmag frame) and have never had any problems with legality in tournaments.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:59 PM #6
mechmagkid68

does any one have a xvalve they would sell me for cheaper
im kind of broke
Old 03-08-2005, 12:58 PM #7
thompsondBadKarma

i have successfully sweetspotted my X-Valve and all i can say is i hope if you try you have a quick loader because i dont think any of them can keep up!

even with my highly tuned level X which does not break paint - if i really let loose on the vavle then it becomes a paint blender (using a highly inferior Revy). it is pretty cool to see though.

it isnt that hard to do it either - just install a trigger stop or two in the blade (i just tapped a hole in the bottom of my Y Grip trigger for a set screw), be willing to mess with the length of the trigger rod (careful here if you dont know how to correct a problem with rod length), and have an extremely high-flow N2 system (mine is Air America but I am sure Max Flo does even better).

if you do set it up right, be kind and practice on a tree rather than a person - as you may know - when you shoot really fast on a Mag the velocity increases...so it is potentially dangerous.