Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-18-2014, 03:41 PM #1
Pharmballer13

Impulse 09 question, already tried the faq

So quick board question. I just got my hands on a new 09 impulse this morning and I am having some weird things going on with the board (weird to me anyways)

So originally I just picked the gun up, aired it up, and shot it. I realized quickly that it was not shooting as fast as I was pulling the trigger and that the stream was inconsistent. So I found the manual, figured out it was in uncapped semi auto, quickly changed it over to psp ramp (using the solid red in program mode), pushed the bolt forward and just listened to the clicks of the noid and the gun still shoots as slow. I changed the bps to 15 (solid yellow in program) and I didn't notice a change in the noid clicks either, so I turned off the eyes (they went from green led to red) and what do you know it is shooting quite fast. SOO then I tinker with the settings again changing the "bypass rof" (slow blink purple) to 6 bps. Use the noid again this time the vision mode is going suuuuper slow and when I switch the eyes off it still clicks super fast.

I already tried a factory reset.

Seems like the bypass ROF and the regular RF are affecting opposite vision modes

Does anyone have this problem? Is this just due to using the noid instead of actually shooting or?

As stated, this was originally posted in the questions thread but I wasn't getting much feedback.

HELP!
Pharmballer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2014, 07:32 PM #2
AndrewTheWookie
Disciple of the dark side

AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends V
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VI
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VII
I'll repost my response from the other thread for visibility:

Quote:
So I've been messing around with my Impy, and the reason it's not shooting very fast with the eyes on and bolt forward is because it's going into "eye fault" mode (no mention of that in the manual, but that's what it is). Because the board is not detecting any movement of the paintballs/bolt, it's assuming that the eyes are dirty so it's slowing down the BPS, sort of a default bypass ROF when the eyes are on but not working. If I turn the eyes on and stick my finger in the breech, it shoots slowly. But if I flick something back and forth past the eyes very quickly, it shoots as fast as I can flick it, much faster than just blocking the eyes. If you were to shoot it with paint I'm confident it would shoot at the BPS cap.

As for the actual bypass ROF setting, I just tried that as well and it doesn't work like it should on mine, eyes off just shoots as fast as the actual BPS cap is set at, so I dunno what the deal with that is. I've tried maxed out BPS and minimized bypass, and it still goes to max BPS. With minimized BPS and maxed bypass, it only shoots as fast as the BPS is set at (less than the bypass), so I'm guessing that the bypass ROF setting isn't actually affecting the way the board is functioning at all.

WTB GI Milsim Impulse50 (yes really) | WTB Chameleon .50 cal Freak kit
AndrewTheWookie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:43 PM #3
Pharmballer13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
I'll repost my response from the other thread for visibility:
My fault, I posted this in between your posts
Thank you so much for this, tried it out and you're absolutely right.

The only thing I can figure out for the bypass ROF is that it controls the BPS when your eyes are not functioning. Not when the eyes are off, but when the eyes as you said can not actually tell that there is any movement (sorta like when you just keep your finger in place)

Otherwise I think they have no function
Pharmballer13 is offline   Reply With Quote