PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-28-2016, 08:42 AM #1
killswitch45

has been a member for 10 years
LPR and Regulator question

Hello,

I am trying to set my Impulse up correctly and fix some issues from last year. I was having problems with shooting consistently; some balls would shoot at 280fps, others at 220, and some balls would just roll out of the barrel.

I need to mess with the LPR, regulator (CP), and dwell. Here is where I need some minor help...

The LPR was taken apart and cleaned. The CP reg will be taken apart, cleaned, new o rings, and lube. What direction do I turn the LPR cap so it has the lowest pressure? This is for the Smart Parts brand LPR; maybe what is called a mini-flo LPR. I dont want to damage my gun when I air it up.

If anyone knows about the CP reg, I have the same question. If I turned the screw all the way in, tighten it, is that the direction for lowest pressure?
I-Frame with Snatch Grip; Blackheart Board; All NDZ internals; CP regulator; Smart Parts LPR; J and J Ceramic Barrel Kit
killswitch45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2016, 08:14 PM #2
freakspazzatazz
t(-_-t)

freakspazzatazz helped look for balloons
freakspazzatazz supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch45 View Post
Hello,

I am trying to set my Impulse up correctly and fix some issues from last year. I was having problems with shooting consistently; some balls would shoot at 280fps, others at 220, and some balls would just roll out of the barrel.

I need to mess with the LPR, regulator (CP), and dwell. Here is where I need some minor help...

The LPR was taken apart and cleaned. The CP reg will be taken apart, cleaned, new o rings, and lube. What direction do I turn the LPR cap so it has the lowest pressure? This is for the Smart Parts brand LPR; maybe what is called a mini-flo LPR. I dont want to damage my gun when I air it up.

If anyone knows about the CP reg, I have the same question. If I turned the screw all the way in, tighten it, is that the direction for lowest pressure?
On your CP Reg, turning the allen screw clockwise (in) restricts airflow and decreases pressure.

I honestly don't remember which direction to turn the LPR for adjustments. I was told years ago to screw it all the way in and the back it out about 2 turns. Once there, you should be able to fiddle with it to find your desired results.

It sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on what you need to do. Just fiddle with the three factors (HPR, LPR, Dwell) until you find what works.

After thinking about it, I would guess you need more air pressure in your marker (and maybe lower dwell) due to your inconsistent FPS. It sounds like the marker is getting starved for air or something. It's hard to say at this point but I'm just throwing it out there.
freakspazzatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:52 AM #3
StreetfighterX
Don't mess with an Imp

StreetfighterX supports Shocker RSX
StreetfighterX supports Ninja Paintball
LPRs are a spring loaded so the more you push on the spring, the higher the pressure. So screwing the cap out(counter clockwise) decreases pressure, screwing it in increases pressure.

Now a CP reg is the opposite. The adjustment screw affects how much the piston moves inside the reg, so screwing it in deceases pressure, out increases.

((((O))))
StreetfighterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:02 AM #4
freakspazzatazz
t(-_-t)

freakspazzatazz helped look for balloons
freakspazzatazz supports Ninja Paintball
I stand corrected.
freakspazzatazz is offline   Reply With Quote