PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-01-2002, 12:30 PM #1
Bigman

has been a member for 10 years
Arrow what is the diffrence between a shocktech sfl matrix and a stock one

ok guys what would be the diffrence between the sfl matrix and the stock and is their any problems with the sfl and what should i be expected to pay on a sfl it it is used and in good shape and what do i need to look for when buying a used matrix sorry guys i really need to find out these thing and i really don't know the diffrence would you guys just wait and get a tequila matrix but do you think that i could get a sfl for a cheap price or will i be paying a great deal for something that was and not now
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2002, 03:59 PM #2
AgEntGuMbAll

Well I have a black to purple,to silver fade shocktech and the only diferrences between this and a stock matrix, is milling, anodizing, and a shocktech FGP trinity/reg. Thats about it. I just got mine last week with a blue bolt kit, 14"boomy, 2 grips, tools, centerflag reg, and extra chips. I love mine so far, just as long as you dont use the delring sleeve that Shocktech made for the bolt. Those you should defenatly stay away from. but other than that, its been running prefectly. If I were you, i would wait till the "Entity" comes put and just wait alittle and ask people who have bought it and ask them how they like it. If you think it doesn't suit you, then go ahead and buy the shocktech. Anyways, its all about personal preference
Old 05-01-2002, 04:00 PM #3
airborn

airborn is a Supporting Member
SFL Matrixes?

Do you mean Shochtech Matrixes? Correct me if I'm wrong.. I've never seen SFL Matrixes.

Anyways, I'm waiting for the new aardvark matrixes..
Old 05-02-2002, 11:29 AM #4
Bigman

i was wondering if they had any proformance pluses over the stock ???
Old 05-02-2002, 01:01 PM #5
Wulgaru

I don't believe there is such a marker as a Shocktech SFL Matrix. I go to Bad Boyz Toyz, the makers of Shocktech stuff, pretty often and have never seen one. There are regular Shocktech Matrices, but not an SFL version. I don't see how they could even make an SFL version because there is so little milling you can do on a Matrix.

At any rate, the new stock LCD Matrix will actually be better performance-wise than a Shocktech, and not just because of the LCD.

The Shocktechs include the following:

- Milling
- Annodizing
- Shocktech front reg
- Shocktech sleeve (not really useful)
- Shocktech o-rings.

The new stock LCDs include the following:
- Annodizing
- PBC front reg
- PBC Bolt kit
- LCD

The bolt kit is what really makes the difference for performance. The Shocktechs are just way too expensive for what you get.
Old 05-18-2002, 12:47 PM #6
68ECLIPSEAUTOMAG86

were can you buy these
--web sites--
(sfl's)
Old 05-19-2002, 09:47 AM #7
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
now why in the blue monkey would you want to get a shocktech matrix?!?
get a stock one, buy some aardy parts, cuz by the time you put the bolt, trinity, volumizers, whatever you want on there, IT'S STILL CHEAPER THEN THE SHOCKTECH AND FIFTY TIMES BETTER!!

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 05-19-2002, 12:15 PM #8
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
"SFL" is relative. While an SFL cocker is light for a cocker, Talons are still lighter.

So a Matrix with most of the excess beef cut off, would truly be an SFL Matrix, since its considerably lighter than stock. The Kapp Matrices have milled a good portion of the bottom off, plus some around most of the upper portion, so they should be considerably lighter than stock.

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr