Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-04-2005, 07:54 PM #1
Morgoth

Morgoth is a Supporting Member
Morgoth is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cool Massive blow-back on Stroker

Hey all,

I took out the ol' Stroker after about 4 months of sitting on my wall, I lubed and gassed it up, went in the backyard, shot some paint and got HORRIBLE blow-back !. If I pull the trigger slowly everything is great, but if I try pull it fast, it'll misfire like crazy. I'm not short-stroking it because if I put a couple of balls in the breech and try to fire the top ball will fly up in the air about 5-6 feet! The funny thing is that I haven't tinkeredwith the gun at all. What gives???
Old 03-06-2005, 10:16 AM #2
GP@PPS
"Qualified" Airsmith

GP@PPS is a Supporting Member
GP@PPS works for a Paintball manufacturer
Timing is off a bit or the front o-ring on the bolt isn't sealing at all.
Likely the timing is set too close.
Pressure to the gun may also be too low and not getting the ball out of the barrel fast enough.

Do it right or don't bother.

Living life and ridin this mutha till the wheels fall off.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/Paladin's%20Pride.gif
Old 03-06-2005, 11:57 PM #3
Morgoth

Morgoth is a Supporting Member
Morgoth is a founding member
Cool

Thank you for the reply Glen . I really don't think it's a timing issue because there is quite a large space between the firing and cocking points. The o-ring on the front looks good to me as well, but I ordered some more just in case . I'm running about 750+psi into the inline reg. Is that enough, or should I go higher? If there is no paint in the gun and I put a kleenex over the feed tube, there is so much blow-back that it'll actually rip a hole thru it as it launches it into the air lol! As you can tell I am very confused by this as the timing seems to be fine even though the problem is presenting itself as a timing issue. When I pull the trigger slowly it fires great, but if I pull fast it's blow-back city. Could it be that the timing needs to be closer together instead of far apart?
Old 03-07-2005, 09:38 AM #4
GP@PPS
"Qualified" Airsmith

GP@PPS is a Supporting Member
GP@PPS works for a Paintball manufacturer
The pressure to the reg is plenty but the pressre from the reg to the gun may need to be higher. Hard to say without seeing the velocity readings, especially the difference between velocities when trigger is pulled fast and cycles the gun and when the trigger is pulled only enough to fire and not cycle.
What you are describing is almost certainly a timing issue; opening the bolt too soon. Closer settings will only amplify the problem.
One other point to check is the position of the bolt when it is all the way forward and make sure that the bolt pull the haammer back, only about .050" past the point where the sear catches it. (With no air and the gun cocked, see how much farther the ram and bolt can pull the hammer back. If it goes back to far, the bolt isn't far enough forward when firing.

Do it right or don't bother.

Living life and ridin this mutha till the wheels fall off.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/Paladin's%20Pride.gif