PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-03-2005, 10:35 AM #1
osustevie

has been a member for 10 years
Which Pressure Gauge?

I have a 2k Blazer(BZ2438) and a Classic Typhoon(CP28) both with Stabs. I want to put Palmer pressure gauges on them both. Im not sure if I need to use a 1200psi gauge or if I can use the 600psi gauge. I want to use the 600psi gauge because I want the resolution. I believe I read that Blazers operate best at ~400psi and Typhoons ~500psi. Both markers are great at the chronograph. Im just a little worried that I could blow out the 600psi gauge if I got my stabs set high. I shoot CO2 and HPA, depends on what I got at the house at the time I play. Any help would be appreciated.
osustevie
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2005, 05:34 PM #2
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

I think you'll be fine with a 600 psi guage.

If you are concerned about blowing the guage try this:

A stab is adjustable from zero to 900 psi.
Drop the pressure below it's current settings so that your marker barely shoots.
Install the guage and adjust your reg back up till you are getting good ratings over the chrono.

Personally I don't like having guages on my gear. It's just something that can break and leak when I don't want it too. I use guages to set my regs then I take them back off. But to each his own.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:45 PM #3
Bthang

The thing with Stabilizers is you only actually "need" guages for the first few thousand. They are very handy during the "break-in" period, because you need to break in the springs. After that, the springs can only get more consistent. I know some people that don't even do that. They just back it out and adjust it until their marker can operate in safe velocity.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:44 AM #4
GP@PPS
"Qualified" Airsmith

GP@PPS is a Supporting Member
GP@PPS works for a Paintball manufacturer
I would reccomend to stick with the 1200 psi gauges.
Simply becaue it is best to keep them well below their operating range for best results. There is always a chance of a pressure spike (regulator hiccup) that may put the pressure into the gun a bit higher than the gauge likes to deal with.

The resolution of the gauge is fine for a paintball gun and gauge readings are just for reference anyway. The chrono is the best gauge for setting up your hardware.

Do it right or don't bother.

Living life and ridin this mutha till the wheels fall off.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/Paladin's%20Pride.gif
Old 03-04-2005, 11:59 AM #5
osustevie

I beginning to see a trend here. Im just going to sweet spot the stabs and leave them alone. I have my own chrony. No need for the gauges. Thanks for the help gang.

Steve
Old 03-10-2005, 06:35 PM #6
Himurax13 (Banned)

Himurax13 is a Supporting Member
I only use my guage to check the stab pressures then I plug the holes because I hate having guages on my markers.