Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-17-2001, 02:38 PM #22
mypiranhasbetter
do it again

has been a member for 10 years
Re: oh ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom
The Matrix gets about +/- 1 fps when tested. I dont believe there are any other guns on the market that can even compare. I was testing my gun and found that i was shooting 265 264 265. I got the instant responce from the guy that was cronoing of "Nice Gun". Combind with that and no kick its defeantly more accurate then the timmy.
i hate to say it, but my backup stock ext pro g3 piranha can shoot 265,264,265 over the chrono. last time i recorded it it was something like this...

284,284,284,281,285,284,284 *turns velocity down because of recball newbie play* 275,275,279,278,278,278,276,276,277. or something along those lines...thats not EXACTLY it, but it was something very similar to that...

so yeah...lots of guns on nitro and secondary regs with properly fitted paint can get +/-1 over the chrono. I never adjust my piranha. its pretty much "set" at 285, so i can shoot it almost anytime knowing its not shooting hot.

not dissing any guns, just mentioning that +/-1 isnt difficult to achieve with the right setup.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2001, 11:02 PM #23
Syncade
--Drifter--

Syncade is a founding member
GD guys, even my cocker isnt that frikin consistant

i dont see how a pirahna is that consistant, but if you say so

and just so you know, i REALLY want a matrix now, just readin about it makes me want one

but ive been a cocker guy for about 1 1/2 years now and i still love em...
but really, i see a big potential in both these guns, already the Matrix has soooo many thing to put on em, but the timmy does too

timmys might look slick with a 45 though....
Old 08-22-2001, 01:31 PM #24
Squirezzz
Team No Name II

Both

I have a Timmy wih a Gen X and 10"dye boomstick... I love it! Shoots great and I have never shot hot or run out of air.

I had the opportunity to shoot a Matrix and love it more than my TImmy. Matrix has NO kick and is dead accurate. The timmy is accurate but has a little bit of a kick. With no kick, the Matrix allows you to continue shooting at a target with better grouping at a faster pace (I am not saying one marker can out shoot the other).

I am about to purchase a Matrix and say go for both of them!! Try them both see which one you like better. Both are reliable.

Advice: If you get a Timmy, don't use reg. oil.......
Old 08-24-2001, 09:21 PM #25
InsaneKila
LOVEMYS2K

Thumbs up LOVE MY MATRIX

I had my matrix now for about two months and its one of the higher serial numbers ones with the push button on/off switch, led light, and new solenoid. It looks like Diablo worked pretty hard to work the bugs out of the gun and it performs great. Both guns are great, but the Timmy has a limited upgrade path whereas the Matrix is perfect if you like customizing your gun. I have a nice milling and powdercoat job planned out for mine and I already slapped on a Trinity and Gas Through Grip (the stock reg is pretty fugly). I was thinking about gettin a Timmy but I thought the grip was just too whacked out for my taste and I really wanted to get a custom miling and powdercoat job. With the new bolt kit coming out in a few weeks, the matrix will be able to shoot 21 bps (thats right, twenty-one point something balls per second) which is up there with the Automag -RT (24 BPS i think uncapped and shot by a computer). The new bolt also increases efficiency by 33% and will get over a 1000 shots off a 88ci tank (big improvement). The bolt will also make the already insanely quiet matrix even more quiet. However the bolt kit (note kit: bolt, internals, new o-ring kit, grease, new, faster chip) will cost about $150. Also the matrix is easy as hell to take care of. I used to have a Spyder and I thought that was easy to take care of until I got my matrix. Several companies offer products for the Matrix such as Tarantula ("COBRA" style stick trigger), Aardvark, Synergy, Matrix Center, etc. Most share Aardvarks products but Synergy and Matrix center have some custom things too. Very quick to field strip and the interchangeable breech is great and is easily customized to go off to the side for a warp feed (which i also plan to do)
Diablo Matrix sn#1269
Silver Trinity
Lapco Stainless Autospirit
Smart Parts Max Flow 88ci 4500 psi
Old 08-26-2001, 10:03 PM #26
Syncade
--Drifter--

Syncade is a founding member
ok im not flaming or anythin cause im just pointing out some things, but before i say that, i just want to mention

I WANT MY MATRIX im only waiting till the bolt kits are in stock casue i dont want to preorder one

but anyway, the RT shot 26 cycles per second with a computer, and thats not shooting paint

and the matrix can shoot 21, yet no loader in the world can load paint that fast (warp can only for, about a second) and NPPL rules, 13 BPS max, PLUS the new gy semi rule which wont apply to matricies but i just thought id add that

anyway i want my matrix