PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 PM #1
Skippy888

Skippy888 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Skippy888 supports Team VICIOUS
Balls not feeding correctly

I picked up a wrath on ebay a while back. I replaced the bolt and ram with delrin parts. when i brought it out to try it out, it would usually fire but sometimes it would not. i took the hopper off and noticed that the balls werent going all the way down into the chamber. at first i thought the delrin bolt i bought was slightly longer than the stock one but upon comparison, they are the same. any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

I leave to go to canada in a couple of days for a fishing trip so if you reply and i dont get back to ya it may be because im in canada...

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
Skippy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:02 AM #2
pbjunkie2025
Ducati

pbjunkie2025 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbjunkie2025 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbjunkie2025 supports Team VICIOUS
pbjunkie2025 supports our troops
I use the ACP delrin bolt but was aware that using the ram also means you have to change pressures for it to function properly - HPR should start around 400psi then tweak from there. Thread below on the topic:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post14782905

The had also been some ACP bolts that did have a slight roll back issue so the balls would be away from the eyes. If you fire with eyes off and it shoots fine, then that might be the issue. A shim or an extra o-ring would remedy that. Since you stated that the bolt did not seem to go back far enough, this is less likely to be the problem.

Next, did you do a full maintenance on it? Particularly lube the solenoid. If you want to just quick test without removing the solenoid, place a couple drops of oil in the LP hoses (front and back). Cycling the marker should wash the oil over the solenoid. If that worked, then you should take out the noid and clean/lube it.
pbjunkie2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 AM #3
Skippy888

thanks for the help. ill check into it.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:34 PM #4
Skippy888

So i upped the HPR to 400-450 psi and it still doesnt cock the bolt back far enough for the next ball to feed. what else could be wrong with this thing?
Old 07-25-2010, 12:28 AM #5
pbjunkie2025
Ducati

So did you get the lighter spring with the delrin ram? The stock spring would be too strong with the reduced weight of the delrin bolt/ram.

Going back fully is the job of the spring. So there might be a problem with the spring or something causing drag on the bolt or ram to keep it from cocking back. Does it seem like the cycling is not smooth for some reason?
pbjunkie2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:43 PM #6
Skippy888

it seems like the problem is that it cant go back far enough, not that its just not going back far enough. i had replaced the part on the very back of the marker and realized that it must have been screwed in too far or something because thats what was stopping the ram and bolt from going back all the way. when i loosened that part up so that the balls would feed correctly, it wouldnt shoot anymore. i can pull the trigger and there is some airflow moving through the marker but its not enough to fully move the bolt...im gonna try putting the stock back piece back on and see if that will help anything...
Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 AM #7
pbjunkie2025
Ducati

Ok, that sounds like something is up with the ram then. Compare the stock ram with the delrin. Make sure they are identical in set up. I know the ACP rams sometimes needed a shim. If you have that shim, try it without to see if that helps. If no shim, then just try the stock ram again to see if that helps. Don't forget to drop the HPR back down again if you're putting the stock ram back in.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:25 PM #8
afridihamid

Old thread but it might help someone in the future.

The cap on the back of the marker that keeps the ram in should not be screwed in all the way. It should be about two full rotations from being fully tightened.
You can look down the feedneck while you do this to see when the bolt is far enough to allow the balls to fall through.
I keep a couple of o-rings on the back cap to keep it snug.

Last edited by afridihamid : 10-16-2011 at 10:37 PM.
afridihamid is offline   Reply With Quote