PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-02-2017, 08:51 PM #1
Fellarboi
Fellar

How to get into pump for cheap??

i have 2 local fields, one speedball, one rec, i already have a speedball set up i am very happy with, but i feel like i am spending to much on paint, i feel like i should really limit my paint at the rec ball place, so i felt the best solution would be pump, also this field has a great pump community, and after shooting one, i am pretty set on getting into it, so heres my idea, skip out on having to buy new pods and hopper by simpling using my regular pods and a proto primo hopper i already have, now that leaves me with having to buy a marker, i already have a tank, but it's outputting about 500 psi, not sure if that will make a difference in which marker i should buy, so here is the deal, i am a teen, and dont have a huge way of getting money, but i can sell and save and make enough to buy something, so here is my plan, azodin kp3, they look awesome,but i was wondering, how much they run for used, and if there were any cheaper alternate ones that can perform well
Fellarboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2017, 09:33 PM #2
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
honculada is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
honculada is Boss
honculada supports Ninja Paintball
I think a used empire sniper isn't much more than a kp3. I think it's the best bang for your buck especially if it comes with barrel kit.

"Originally posted by CCM CHICK: LoL! There is soooo something wrong with you! ;)"

When my wife and I first got married she treated me like a god! Gave me burnt sacrifices every night.
honculada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:41 PM #3
Murz
2 FRAAMEEZZZ!!

plays in the NXL
Murz owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Murz is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by honculada View Post
I think a used empire sniper isn't much more than a kp3. I think it's the best bang for your buck especially if it comes with barrel kit.
I second the used Sniper, but a Kp3 isn't bad either. Alternatively, you could go the Phantom route.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:53 PM #4
random act

has been a member for 10 years
i think the empire trracer is a great option if you can find it.
fb@kgkgkg69
random act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:45 PM #5
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Duckies

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CCI Phantom is the way to go.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:31 PM #6
UrbanAchiever

UrbanAchiever plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
UrbanAchiever plays in the APPA D4 division
Empire Sniper is your go to because it comes with a barrel kit. You didnt mention you have one so i assume you dont. Find one used and you are set
Old 06-20-2017, 06:39 AM #7
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by random act View Post
i think the empire trracer is a great option if you can find it.
Still one of the best bang for the buck guns ever put out. It's a tragedy KEE killed that thing off. Mine's actually my go-to pump. I've thought hard about getting another pump gun, but my Trracer does the job and does it well. And takes Cocker barrels.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:38 PM #8
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
Empire Trracer needs more than 500psi though. Really needs a HP output tank.

But, pumps are crazy efficient, so an inexpensive 13ci or other tiny tank is a worthwhile investment. Nearly all are HP output, and 26ci tanks are showing up and look to be the perfect size.

Any of the inexpensive single tube pumps are a lot of fun. My goto is an old school Kingman Hammer....

Cost me about $40 on the used market.

Well, the grip block cost twice than but it's CCM , and the barrel is a Freak which cost, well, as much as a Freak does. But I already had that so I don't count it.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:46 PM #9
random act

nice setup!
fb@kgkgkg69
random act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:10 PM #10
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs

You'll have ten guys come on here and recommend the Empire Sniper, but before they do I'll say get a Phantom that takes the 10 round tubes and 12 gram CO2 cartridges (not the nitrogen cartridges that killed that French lady the other day when it shot out her whipped cream dispenser)

The CO2 cartridges are quite safe for paintball use

With the Phantom setup you'll count your paintballs, check the paintballs individually for roundness for maximum accuracy, and you can 1-shot or 2-shot people in the woods or in 1-versus-1 on a tournament-layout field.

You realize that 99% of the enjoyment of paintball comes from having brittle and vibrant paintballs and having good paintball-to-bore matchup -- everything else falls into place when this condition is established (also good to have a clear anti-fog thermal mask)

Normally the Phantom takes .686" paintballs but there are newer barrels for it that take inserts

I happily spent $320 on my Phantom back in 2010 and it has been a really great thing. When I play I feel more "involved" rather than a mere participant. I stuck with it and got better and better, understood all the little nuances of paintball, and persistence lets you correct and adapt to the field layout for the next game

Last edited by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs : 06-24-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:26 PM #11
spece108
Tiffany

Lots of love for single tube nelson guns. All good stuff. Very cheap way to play. But if you go with an older much cheaper marker, a common thread barrel is a huge plus.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:41 PM #12
Murz
2 FRAAMEEZZZ!!

plays in the NXL
Murz owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Murz is attending Decay of Nations VII
Phantoms are awesome, but I wouldn't recommend someone start their pump journey playing stock class.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:59 PM #13
kansei

kansei owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kansei has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kansei supports Ninja Paintball
I think a used Empire Sniper would be your best bet for a good mid level start to pump paintball . Its easily found used , easy to sell when/if you feel a need to upgrade or decide pump isn't for you . Even if you don't get it with the barrel kit - its AC threaded so you may have one already in your speed ball set up , or can get a kit that will be used for both .
kansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:45 PM #14
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Duckies

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murz View Post
Phantoms are awesome, but I wouldn't recommend someone start their pump journey playing stock class.
Open Class feed is like $30 (edit...well $41 new) for a Phantom one screw they swap out. They are not just for SC. After spending a ton of time with the Phantom I really prefer it over a lot of markers that are 3x its price. I do use mine for mostly stock class, and occasionally I will throw a 9ci HPA on it If I'm feeling lazy/cheap. But the open class feed works very well on the phantom and they have A/T. It's the one marker that you can stick with as your style of play progresses/changes.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 06-25-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote