Community Focus

Old 11-26-2016, 11:08 PM #1
RedFox981

RedFox981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RedFox981 is for the Gunfight
RedFox981 plays in the APPA D5 division
Help me design my entrance to pump..

Hi guys! I need some assistance figuring out how to enter the pump scene.

I am and have previously been a dedicated tournament semi player, indecisive gun whore, and paintball enthusiast. I have decided to get out of tournament paintball because of my home team dissolving and the high cost associated with that type of play. If I had to guess, I will probably be playing strictly rec ball, but no guarantee on that since I have a very competitive personality...

So basically, my main goal in going pump is to save money and allow myself to play frequently again.

I need you lovely people's help in deciding what marker I should begin with. Is my level of play gonna be sufficient to justify the expense of a marker like a CCM T2? I like the bulletproof mentality of pumps, but I've read scary things about the sensitivity of T2s when their bottom tube gets dirty.. Or should I go for a KP3 since it should be pretty simple and sufficient for rec play? Will it shoot poorly enough that as someone coming from high end electros I will notice and it'll make my pump experience worse?

Any input you guys have to offer is appreciated and let me know if you want more information from me to help with your suggestion.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2016, 11:52 PM #2
Oldandsneaky
What's a 12ie?

Annual Supporting Member
Oldandsneaky has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Oldandsneaky supports Ninja Paintball
I built this for under $200. It's so smooth and consistent, I end up using it every game. My mechs and Angel just sit in the bag.

My advice is a cocker based pump, then if you like playing pump, get something more top end. Also, try pumps at the field if you can. I'm always willing to loan out my pumps to introduce people to that kind of play.

Brace yourself for all kinds helpful advice!
"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." Bob Marley
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:57 PM #3
RedFox981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandsneaky View Post
I built this for under $200. It's so smooth and consistent, I end up using it every game. My mechs and Angel just sit in the bag.

My advice is a cocker based pump, then if you like playing pump, get something more top end. Also, try pumps at the field if you can. I'm always willing to loan out my pumps to introduce people to that kind of play.

Brace yourself for all kinds helpful advice!
That thing looks beautiful. I definitely considered building one myself as it seems fairly simple, but it seems hard to find the frames and bodies readily available like they used to be.. Could you recommend a frame/body and pump kit to build one for relatively cheap? and where to pick up the frame or body. I know several places to get the pump kits but the bodies I am clueless as to where to acquire them.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:13 AM #4
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
aclark364 supports Ninja Paintball
There are always some bodies for sale on one. Cutsom cocker.com, eBay , Facebook. All good places to look. I would recommend looking for a 2k+ body that has a removable feed neck.

Ion/Gear for sale!/spyders
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:18 AM #5
RedFox981

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclark364 View Post
There are always some bodies for sale on one. Cutsom cocker.com, eBay , Facebook. All good places to look. I would recommend looking for a 2k+ body that has a removable feed neck.
Thats a great suggestion, thank you! Some I have looked at before are trilogies (I think thats what they were called) but I ended up not liking them because they don't have a removable feedneck and can only be set up for 1 arm pump strokes. Can you suggest some bodies with removable feedneck and compatibility with dual arm pump kits please? (if thats even a possibility)
Old 11-27-2016, 04:20 AM #6
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
honculada is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
honculada is Boss
honculada supports Ninja Paintball
I play about once a year and a certified gun whore. I have 1 or 2 expensive pump but who's counting

"Originally posted by CCM CHICK: LoL! There is soooo something wrong with you! ;)"

"Sometimes I wear yoga pants to checkout my own ***!" Me
honculada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:05 AM #7
Murz
2 FRAAMEEZZZ!!

plays in the NXL
Murz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Murz plays in the APPA D4 division
Murz is attending Decay of Nations VII
Murz supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFox981 View Post

I need you lovely people's help in deciding what marker I should begin with. Is my level of play gonna be sufficient to justify the expense of a marker like a CCM T2? I like the bulletproof mentality of pumps, but I've read scary things about the sensitivity of T2s when their bottom tube gets dirty.. Or should I go for a KP3 since it should be pretty simple and sufficient for rec play? Will it shoot poorly enough that as someone coming from high end electros I will notice and it'll make my pump experience worse?

Any input you guys have to offer is appreciated and let me know if you want more information from me to help with your suggestion.
I've never noticed a problem with the lower tube on my T2's. Anytime I get shot near the slot I just clean the bottom tube out after I'm done playing that day. CCM's are going to have the least amount of problems right out of the box, period. The only factor that would pull me away from purchasing a CCM is the price, if that was a concern.