PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-24-2016, 01:58 PM #1
ThePewPewMafia
Pew Pew Pew

How can I make my CCI Phantom quieter?

I already have a Deadly Winds Fibur X 14 inch on it (yet to test it) and I was trying to think up any other ways to make it more quiet. I was thinking if I improved the efficiency and lower the FPS a bit it would help quiet it down because less air less noise right? I haven't seen very many bolt options to quiet it down, any ideas for that? I have also heard of different spring combinations helping to make it more efficient and or quieter? Currently I have the lightest main spring on (Blue >15) and have no clue what my valve spring is.. Any ideas or discussions on making it quieter are greatly appreciated.
P.S. I've already looked into rain covers so no need to suggest them
Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2016, 02:13 PM #2
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Nelson's are loud(er) because they are efficient.
Try other spring combinations and see what happens?

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:52 PM #3
shredxcam

try selling it to make it quieter. Something like a cocker can be quieter more easily.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:03 PM #4
ThePewPewMafia
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
try selling it to make it quieter. Something like a cocker can be quieter more easily.
Lol already own a cocker and it's the one getting sold. Its more quiet for sure.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:05 PM #5
ThePewPewMafia
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post
Nelson's are loud(er) because they are efficient.
Try other spring combinations and see what happens?
I just put a soft mainspring on it yet to test it. How can I change the valve spring? And will that effect it at all?
Old 11-24-2016, 04:18 PM #6
aclark364
say no to wall hangers

aclark364 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aclark364 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
aclark364 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePewPewMafia View Post
I just put a soft mainspring on it yet to test it. How can I change the valve spring? And will that effect it at all?
https://phantomonline.com/wp-content...tom-Manual.pdf

this should help.
the lower the operating pressure the less efficient it will be.

Ion/Gear for sale!/spyders
aclark364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 07:06 PM #7
Frank_W

Frank_W has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Are you using co2 or hpa? co2 is supposed to be a bit quieter.
Frank_W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:35 PM #8
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Duckies

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
with this> http://www.paintballgateway.com/dyecciphul14.html

stock silver springs, 280FPS, tight bore and this ^^^

Im gettting better then 40 shots to a 12g @ 70* shooting 280FPS with a VSC setup.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 11-24-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:10 PM #9
ThePewPewMafia
Pew Pew Pew

Why does CO2 make it quieter? What about a tight bore makes it quieter? I only have HPA available and I don't feel like setting it up for 12 grams lol. My field limit is 250 I have yet to get my FPS that low and I have installed the lightest main spring (haven't tested it yet) and I'm hoping to get it below 250
Old 11-25-2016, 12:21 PM #10
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Duckies

If you're not running 12g why do you care about efficiency?
What size HPA tank you running?

Tighter bore lets less air past the ball = better efficiency = lower operating pressure = + better barrel porting = quieter shot. In order to run a tighter bore you need consistenly sized paint. This is how good paint makes a diffrence.

Never ran my phantom that low all the field I play at are 280-300fps. I find the phantom shoots best at 280fps I leave it at that. You're going to have to use the lighter springs to achieve 250fps. I wouldn't try to shoot below 250fps I would try to get as close to that number as I could without going over fields required speed. The lower FPS will give you alot more bounces.

I use mine with both HPA and a 12g ICD lever changer with silver springs I can switch between my HPA tank set to 800PSI and back to 12g with very little adjustment over the crono. With the Dye barrel bored for freak inserts the extra porting and ability to bore match perfectly make it just as quiet as my cockers.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 11-25-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:22 PM #11
ThePewPewMafia
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
If you're not running 12g why do you care about efficiency?
What size HPA tank you running?

Tighter bore lets less air past the ball = better efficiency = lower operating pressure = + better barrel porting = quieter shot. In order to run a tighter bore you need consistenly sized paint. This is how good paint makes a diffrence.

Never ran my phantom that low all the field I play at are 280-300fps. I find the phantom shoots best at 280fps I leave it at that. You're going to have to use the lighter springs to achieve 250fps. I wouldn't try to shoot below 250fps I would try to get as close to that number as I could without going over fields required speed. The lower FPS will give you alot more bounces.

I use mine with both HPA and a 12g ICD lever changer with silver springs I can switch between my HPA tank set to 800PSI and back to 12g with very little adjustment over the crono. With the Dye barrel bored for freak inserts the extra porting and ability to bore match perfectly make it just as quiet as my cockers.
Only reason I cared about efficiency is because the less air used with each shot the quieter the shot right? Shooting below 250 is no problem at my field with the ranges. And a 13 ci any bigger is too heavy and bulky. My buddy runs a CF tank not sure what size but he has a 10 tube so his face isn't getting poked lol. I'm not ready to let go of my beloved 15 round tube. So efficiency does play a part in the noise of the shot?
Old 11-28-2016, 05:55 PM #12
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Duckies

Well, I'm getting well over 150 shots (15 tubes) shooting 280FPS on a 13ci. This is what carry most of the time. Joyride 15 tubes or Dual Gauntlets 10 tubes. I just picked up a 10ci and 9 ci HPA tank I'm experimenting with. I run an L stock so length of the feed tube to tank is irrelevant for me. You can always use a reg extender if you want more length and are running your HPA tank back Bottle or with a bottom line kit.

You should be able to stretch that out a bit more shooting only 250fps. Should be quieter at that speed in theory as well.

If you want to make it quite as posable you will need, a tight bore, good paint, and good barrel porting. After you spring your phantom to shoot the FPS you want.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 11-28-2016 at 05:58 PM.