Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-31-2014, 02:52 PM #1
chylly

Pump agitated hopper question

Hey everybody. I'm just curious on why people think a Revvy is such a great pump hopper compared to a VLocity Jr? I know they are both agitating hoppers. Is the profile on the Revvy better? Is it the shell material? Thanks for the responses. Right now I use a Sportshot or a Pico with Halo B internals. Sometimes I feel like it would be nice to not have to carry extra pods with me.
chylly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2014, 05:44 PM #2
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chylly View Post
Hey everybody. I'm just curious on why people think a Revvy is such a great pump hopper compared to a VLocity Jr? I know they are both agitating hoppers. Is the profile on the Revvy better? Is it the shell material? Thanks for the responses. Right now I use a Sportshot or a Pico with Halo B internals. Sometimes I feel like it would be nice to not have to carry extra pods with me.
Revy just works great because it dose not put any pressure on the stack unlike the JR. Both will work fine with the proper bore to paint match.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:55 PM #3
chylly

Thank you
Old 01-01-2015, 01:04 PM #4
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
The VL jr will work fine. As will the Revvy. As long as your pump has detents then you shouldnt have issues with double feeding. Many of us run Rotors/Spires/Z2 on pumps fine.

It kinda depends on what pump you are running it on and if the detents can handle it.

I will say that VL jrs shells arent all that great and break as older revvys are really tough.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:01 PM #5
chylly

I have a new T2. I've always liked the look of the Vlocity Jr. I was just curious why so many people that play pump swear by the Revvy is all. I didn't know if it was because of the profile, the material, etc.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:09 PM #6
chylly

I've also debated on picking up a pinokio speed for its smaller profile and lighter weight when compared to a rotor etc
Old 01-01-2015, 09:34 PM #7
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Revy just works well. Their durable cheap and batteries last a long time. You will spend more in batteries keeping that JR going all season then what you can get a used Revy. If people want smaller profile there going to the APP-50 Winchester or a Sportshot (No batteries needed).

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 01-01-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:16 PM #8
autocockerfreak227

autocockerfreak227 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Also I know that if you are using an older autococker with a stove pipe feedneck some hoppers will not fit. In my experience my revvy always fit on the old school stovepipe feednecks. Unlike the Z2 which did not fit on any that I tried. The revvy does not keep pressure on the stack which is great for the older autococker pumps as well. You can get them for like 30 used 40 new. The new JT revvy brought back the old shells and the eye and they are 40.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:11 AM #9
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The thing that always turned me off about electronic hoppers on my pumps more than size was the weight. I recently bought a JT Revvy from my local sporting goods store (great sale, $25 new) and like it a lot because while it is a bit big it isn't a huge front profile and is impressively light for what it is. Battering behind the feedneck makes the weight go away and being able to use regular pods is nice for things like LL8 coming up. On rec days I still prefer a winny or app50 personally.
Palmers Brass N' Wood 1K Blazer
Saved for Twister Sniper coming soon!
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"
BigPumpPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:05 PM #10
chylly

Ya I've debated switching my pico to 9v's for the weight savings alone. What do you guys think about the Empire Reloader 2?
Old 01-10-2015, 11:46 PM #11
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chylly View Post
Ya I've debated switching my pico to 9v's for the weight savings alone. What do you guys think about the Empire Reloader 2?
Great circuit board, everything else is substandard and fragile compared to a Revolution.

Of course, with a pump, sound-activated agitation isn't ideal anyway.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:21 PM #12
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
I've never had an issue with double feeding while using a force-feed or agitating hopper on any of my pumps or any of the pumps I've seen on the field. Not to say it doesn't happen, but detents work wonders.

That having been said, I prefer a force-fed hopper when I'm not running stock class because I like having a ball in the chamber.

But the lightweight and battery friendly and overall cheap-to-pick up nature made Revvy's popular, and I suppose a big part of why they're still kicking around on pump guns today is that tradition of having been stuck on there and them having worked.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:24 PM #13
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I think a big part of it is that a Viewloader Revolution just looks "right" when sitting atop an autococker-based gun.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:25 AM #14
jestep

You can still easily get the 140 ball tripod shell for the Rev as well. Makes it a little smaller than stock.
jestep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:48 AM #15
AudioKAY

has been a member for 10 years
ive used sound activated reloader before, not a big fan. its not as active as youd like sometimes.
AudioKAY is offline   Reply With Quote