Evil Omen w/ Evil 1.5 Board and 1.5 Cam Arms 52 50.00%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 11:53 PM #22
HypershockerU2

HypershockerU2 is a Supporting Member
HypershockerU2 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I'd also worry about the cam arms in bad weather. LA PSP?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2005, 12:30 AM #23
Osok
Blitz Semi

Osok supports Team VICIOUS
Osok plays in the APPA D4 division
Osok supports DLX Technology
cams arms are very reliable, ive used an impy before and i must say i liked it but it had over 300 dollars worth of ups while my omen cost me only 330 w/ups and is a lot more reliable

SC Village | Hollywood Sports | Paintball Gateway | Xternal | Almost Famous | GAT Products | Lapco
Old 02-27-2005, 10:11 AM #24
Robot Mania FU

Quote:
Originally posted by BeenPimpSlapped?
Just ordered my yellow ION, can't wait to test it.

As for the OMEN, both of mine have been flawless for over a year. The OMEN is harder to understand and 90% of issues are user error or ignorance. The ION seems like a great value for the money and easy to set up.

Over all the ION will outperform the stock OMEN. But the 1.5 OMEN with new board and cam arms will outperform the ION for a little more $$.

1.5 OMEN has faster ROF, Better reg, better consistancy, better efficiency and fail proof cam design.

ION has less kick, easier set up, cost less and still shoots more than fast enough for most "legal" games. Also ROF modes are nice for rec play. Breakbeam eyes will give little to no trouble so almost as good as cam arms.

i agree 100%, rof shouldnt matter between a stock omen and an ion, 15-17 you will get the same speed on both semi auto though, yes if you were using rebound on the ion you could get faster, but the 1.5 board and 1.5 arms added to the omen (found at rjskateworks for 330 all together) will easily out preform the ion for only around 30 bucks more
As for looks and style, it's personal preference. I like the OMEN but the ION is just plain sexy.

Stock, I'd go ION...1.5 OMEN and I'd go OMEN though neither one would be a game winner over the other.
yes and now that you can get the omen, 1.5 board, and 1.5 arms all together for 330 i would deffinetly say the omen...like pimpslapped said it has 1.5 OMEN has faster ROF, Better reg, better consistancy, better efficiency and fail proof cam design.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:39 AM #25
fsumcduff
Attila the Nun

I am a little skeptical about the cam arms for the omen but with the new board and cam arms it can only be better, i haven't shot an ion (still waiting for it to come) but i've shot an omen w/o the upgrades and i was impressed but not alot, i say the omen is better but, i could change my mind once my ion gets here...
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

"Liberal Democrats don't want praying in school. Why? Because praying causes thinking. And thinking causes Republicans".......QFT
Old 02-27-2005, 04:38 PM #26
bmxrcer190
Kates((( O )))Playground

Quote:
Originally posted by a_sniper_dammit
First of all no gun vs gun threads....read the rules.
How come your not allowed to have gun vs gun threads?
Old 02-27-2005, 04:40 PM #27
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Quote:
Originally posted by HypershockerU2
I used a Shocker 4x4 with 68 CUIN CO2 for 4 yrs so I don't care either.
I know your pain

With a full tank, and full revvy the whole setup was probably 15lbs......and I'm not exaggerating.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:48 PM #28
HypershockerU2

HypershockerU2 is a Supporting Member
HypershockerU2 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by JoshGrrrr
I know your pain

Literally.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:59 PM #29
ROb12345

I haven't shot either but isn't the Ion smaller in size? I think the Ion is more compact. The omen is probably more big on the horizontal side.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:02 PM #30
bmxrcer190
Kates((( O )))Playground

yeah the Ion does look more compact but the Ion just looks like a plastic gun that i could break over my knee(i know its not actually plastic) I never shot the Ion so i cant really say how good it is and everything but i like how the Omen looks.

~STUFF FOR SALE~
~Diablo Reincarnation II LCD Package F/S~

~ViewLoader Triad with Extras F/S~!

My Feedback +4 Positive

PbEffect.com
"Originally posted by Bmxrcer190
Who gets tired of hott twins? Double the flavor, Double the fun."
Evil Factory FanClub #3
Old 02-27-2005, 08:40 PM #31
outeast1422
Villanova

I went to the local pbarena today and played with my ion and all i can say is that everyone there wanted to shoot the gun and just about every comment I got was "holy ****, this thing only costs $300?" it absolutely rips and I didn't chop once, even with the Zap Tork we have to shoot as house paint. I wouldnt be suprised if I see a few more Ions at my local field in the near future. That being said I've never shot a super upped Omen but IMO the stock Omen blows balls.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:44 PM #32
a_sniper_dammit
#70 Team Ragged Edge

Well im sad to say i left the idea of getting a ion behind. I got a STO cocker with ans front block kit and abunch of other upgrades inluding a E1 with eyes and all that good stuff for 350.....you can beat that man.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:01 PM #33
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III
Whoever said that cam arms aren't reliable than your not reliable with your facts buddy cuz there more reliable than any eyes for chopping, cam feed makes it impossible to chop smarty plus it is offset feed but its offset by about 1/2 and inch maybe 3/4 an inch makes barely a difference unless your going against a guy with a 50 caliber military sniper that can shoot anything the only thin over cam arms for eyes would be misfire but thats just real high rates of fire and as long as its under 3 lbs theres not REAL noticable difference, are you playing and your like Wow my gun is so light lol no your not i'd go with the omen with the free 1.5 upgrades from rjskateworks.com
also the stock reg. on the ion is real bad it supposedly has shoot down at the high rates of fire while the det. is in the top to reg.s on the market so you buy your ion right? and your ready to shoot right? nope wrong you gotta get a better reg. which will run around $70 so the puts it up at $355 and it only shoots 17 bps while the omen with free 1.5 upgrades is only $330 with good reg and fair stock barrel

Last edited by Drox : 02-28-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:52 PM #34
Meekajahama
Hardcore Supremacy

Meekajahama plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally posted by Drox
Whoever said that cam arms aren't reliable than your not reliable with your facts buddy cuz there more reliable than any eyes for chopping, cam feed makes it impossible to chop smarty plus it is offset feed but its offset by about 1/2 and inch maybe 3/4 an inch makes barely a difference unless your going against a guy with a 50 caliber military sniper that can shoot anything the only thin over cam arms for eyes would be misfire but thats just real high rates of fire and as long as its under 3 lbs theres not REAL noticable difference, are you playing and your like Wow my gun is so light lol no your not i'd go with the omen with the free 1.5 upgrades from rjskateworks.com
also the stock reg. on the ion is real bad it supposedly has shoot down at the high rates of fire while the det. is in the top to reg.s on the market so you buy your ion right? and your ready to shoot right? nope wrong you gotta get a better reg. which will run around $70 so the puts it up at $355 and it only shoots 17 bps while the omen with free 1.5 upgrades is only $330 with good reg and fair stock barrel

don't forget about field strippable thats one of the other +'s for the omen over the ion.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:57 PM #35
outeast1422
Villanova

wow, go back to the evil forums and leave us alone, its threads like these that just turn into flame wars and lets be realistic, will anyone EVER say "wow, you convinced me, your gun really is better than my gun" NO. So stop arguing and go back to your own forum.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:03 PM #36
steveo1313
Team Excel

yea dude the evil forum is messed up. they had a poll impulse vs. omen in the impulse forum and some one made a thread in the evil forum telling everyone to vote omen. does it really matter which one is better. no. you argue about which gun you want more than you play pb. just get whatever you want and go play

feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...readid=1065355
Old 02-28-2005, 04:59 PM #37
Mike2400
olololol

deadlock at 49
Old 02-28-2005, 05:14 PM #38
bmxrcer190
Kates((( O )))Playground

Dude its not turning into flame wars or whatever, its just expected that if you put the thread of omen vs ion in the evil section that the omen is goin to win but if you but it in other threads you sorta get the truth. Like right now, the omen is ahead by one and its in the Ion thread so people arent just voting for the Ion because its in the Ion thread. People are just giving there opinions about the guns. It when you get these immature people who start wars. People just want to give there opinion. Thats all

~STUFF FOR SALE~
~Diablo Reincarnation II LCD Package F/S~

~ViewLoader Triad with Extras F/S~!

My Feedback +4 Positive

PbEffect.com
"Originally posted by Bmxrcer190
Who gets tired of hott twins? Double the flavor, Double the fun."
Evil Factory FanClub #3
Old 02-28-2005, 07:28 PM #39
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III