PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-27-2002, 11:33 PM #1
rebelbtb

has been a member for 10 years
Rebel BTB

has anyone used the rebel btb,i ordered mine it hasnt came yet anybody have any thoughts or experiences with this gun
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2002, 01:31 PM #2
markthepaintball
http://www.pamplanet.com/

ive tested this gun and it was really fast and really hurt when u get shot with it.the bad thing is it doesent give u much distance or accuracy.also the bolt gets jammed when its cold outside out of a 10 i would give this gun a 6/10
Old 04-30-2002, 12:19 PM #3
sharp_shooter002

i've never tested the gun but i'm thinking of ordering one but my brother keeps telling me to go with a gun for beginners. he recommended the piranha. what do you think?
Old 04-30-2002, 01:23 PM #4
markthepaintball

well acctually this is a begginer gun.but for the money i would really really recomend goin to www.pbgear.com and ordering ablack dragun basic.its called a m3 black dragun basic it is 170$+shippin.this gun is electronic,it shoots up to 13bps on semi because of the light trigger pull.its cheap and easy to clean and its really fast.tons of upgrades since i takes 99%spyder parts.i have this gun and its good for begginers and way better the rebels,spyders,pirhanas
Old 04-30-2002, 02:43 PM #5
Rios_creos
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by markthepaintball
ive tested this gun and it was really fast and really hurt when u get shot with it.the bad thing is it doesent give u much distance or accuracy.also the bolt gets jammed when its cold outside out of a 10 i would give this gun a 6/10
Accuracy is determined by paint/barrel match and whether or not your barrel is smooth on the inside.

Distance is determined by velocity, therefore if your velocity is 300 fps, you will shoot farther than ANY gun shooting less than 280 or so. (i puposely left a gap because if balls curve into the ground, it may seem like your not getting distance).

No gun shoots farther than any other gun, my friends angel shoots the same distance as my old stingray 2 at the same velocity.

I don't know how the bolt can get jammed unless you chop a ball, which can happen in cold weather or if the balls do not load properly.

Go low pressure and get a revy.

There all your problems are solved. But if your getting a new gun, go to Pbgear and get the Black Dragon Compact for 85 dollars. its electro.

rios_creos

....don't you hate it when newbies try to pretend like they know stuff........
Old 04-30-2002, 04:18 PM #6
rebelbtb

i got my gun yesterday

i got my gun yesterday and it looks very nice havent shot it yet though probably sometime today or tomorow i will
Old 05-01-2002, 04:24 PM #7
markthepaintball

believe me dont get this gun it is poorly made,32*is known for not making well made guns.sure there guns look good but they perform totally different.
dont get the compact get the basic!the basic has mini drop forward,regulator,bottom line,and it doesent have a plastc frame like the compat!!
Old 05-02-2002, 07:06 PM #8
coffeeboy29
diarrhea candy corn

most of the kinds in the first line of rebels are fixed in the 2002 line. and btw...no paintball gun hurts more than another...
psh...newbies
Old 05-03-2002, 12:25 PM #9
Rios_creos
Banned

Quote:
believe me dont get this gun it is poorly made,32*is known for not making well made guns.sure there guns look good but they perform totally different.
dont get the compact get the basic!the basic has mini drop forward,regulator,bottom line,and it doesent have a plastc frame like the compat!!
Ok, whoevers looking to get a new gun....don't ever listen to this moron again.

Coffeboy was right, MarkthePaintball is a newbie. He doesn't know what he's talking about, and here's why:

32 degrees, while at times it seems like they copy stuff from other paintball companies, is not "known for not making well made guns". there guns DO look good and they also perform GOOD. stock they are no big thing (like a spyder) but when heavily upgraded they can compete with the best.

and about the dragons, heres a news flash: the mini drop sucks, the regulator REALLY SUCKS (you are truly better off without it), the bottomline is just like any other bottom line other than the fact that its probably poorly made so your better off getting a new one anyway.

why pay 100 bucks when the only thing thats better on the basic is the metal frame, and who really cares? your not gonna break it unless you fall on it and don't let go of the gun.

i'd get a metal frame myself, but not for an extra 100 dollars, for that price you could buy 2 polycarbonate frames, not to mention the polycarbs are a lot lighter.

damn newbies, i have no problem with them, but they need to keep their stupid comments to themselves for the first year or so of paintball so they aren't considered morons for the rest of their lives like Markthepaintball.

rios_creos
Old 05-05-2002, 10:46 PM #10
rebelbtb

i used my gun

i finally got to use my rebel btb,it is really nice i am new to the sport so i dont have anything to compare it to but it worked fine for me,it did break though but the hose started leaking are so i took off the whole expansion chamber/dropdown setup and put my co2 on vertically worked just the same and out of 1100 balls(500 diablo,600 viewloader) none broke so i am very happy
Old 05-06-2002, 02:53 PM #11
Rios_creos
Banned

Re: i used my gun

Quote:
Originally posted by rebelbtb
i finally got to use my rebel btb,it is really nice i am new to the sport so i dont have anything to compare it to but it worked fine for me,it did break though but the hose started leaking are so i took off the whole expansion chamber/dropdown setup and put my co2 on vertically worked just the same and out of 1100 balls(500 diablo,600 viewloader) none broke so i am very happy
where is your hose leaking from? the middle? the threads?

if its the threads, put teflon tape on the threads and screw them in tightly. if its the middle (the hose itself) wrap teflon tape around the entire hose, it should stop the leaking.

COCK YOUR GUN BEFORE PUTTING IN YOUR TANK. this causes leaks (if you don't cock it )

rios_creos

btw. any other problems, just ask away
Old 05-08-2002, 05:53 PM #12
rebelbtb

when it broke me and my friends tried the teflon tape on the threads idea but its leaking from somwhere else its hard to explain where its not in the middle of the hose anywhere but think im just going to take it to my local paintball shop or just get a new hose
Old 05-08-2002, 07:18 PM #13
markthepaintball

Wink

thats what you get when u buy a rebel
Old 05-08-2002, 07:22 PM #14
rebelbtb

rebels arent crap,your pry just obsessed with spyders or tippmanns or something,my gun still works fine so u can be quiet
Old 05-08-2002, 07:25 PM #15
rebelbtb

rebels arent crap,your stupid,my gun works fine so u can be quiet,your pry just obsessed with tippmanns or spyders and think rebels arent good
Old 05-08-2002, 07:36 PM #16
markthepaintball

ive actually had a rebel extreme.and a rebel is just another spyder clone!and i do like tippmans because they are durable but other then that i hate them.i guess if u did upgrade a rebel it would be a pretty nice gun if u put stickies,new trigger job,nice barrel,revvy,and nitro it would be very nice.all i am saying is rebels seem to break or not work during games,my xtreme use to freeze alot
Old 05-09-2002, 11:41 AM #17
Rios_creos
Banned

Quote:
thats what you get when u buy a rebel

ive actually had a rebel extreme.and a rebel is just another spyder clone!and i do like tippmans because they are durable but other then that i hate them.i guess if u did upgrade a rebel it would be a pretty nice gun if u put stickies,new trigger job,nice barrel,revvy,and nitro it would be very nice.all i am saying is rebels seem to break or not work during games,my xtreme use to freeze alot
the first post was not a wise post to make because it made you look stupid. BUT thanks for posting a follow up with some reasons and a possible solution. Now i don't hate you .

anyways, stock rebels are nothing special, and if i wasn't gonna upgrade, i'd have bought a spyder compact.

but if you go LP the rebel is the way to go, it is better made for low pressure.

i got my velocity at like 400 now. its time to get a reg and go LOOOOWWWWW!

rios_creos
Old 05-12-2002, 05:05 PM #18
coffeeboy29
diarrhea candy corn

how is it better made for lp ?...besides the v/a . I'm thinking about buying one.
Old 05-13-2002, 02:48 PM #19
Rios_creos
Banned

How is it better for LP?

It really doesn't have anything to do with the VA. Its because the rebel is like a FULL bodied spyder. (the spyder one, aggressor, SE, and a couple others). it has a fatty striker which makes it more efficient due to the more surface area on the face of the striker. (according to some people that is).

the VA is just an added bonus that saves you 30 bucks.

rios_creos
Old 05-13-2002, 09:47 PM #20
rebelbtb

whats a VA,you'll all pry think im really stupid lol
Old 05-14-2002, 02:40 PM #21
markthepaintball

va=vacum chamber