Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-06-2005, 02:44 AM #169
DillyBar

we all know that the majority of the players wouldn't do something like this... most people who believe and understand that this is a real sport, not just a means to goof around. but alot of people are bound to go to walmart and buy a gun just for the sake of goofing off. they might go paintballing a couple times with their friends but never learn appreciation for the game. you know that there are going to be immature idiots in every thing.. not just paintball. it is sad that the few people with no real appreciation for the game and no regard for the paintball community (or regular communities) can potentially ruin it for everyone. it isnt the majority of players that are doing this, and you would hope it isn't being done by people you play with at your local field. it is the type of person bound to make trouble somehow no matter what the means. it could be a baseball bat. or it could be driving around and throwing eggs at people. I know alot of us have probably done that. but do we have to worry about our chickens being banned? no, that would be crazy. but to alot of people, guns=violence and they just cant seem to see it any other way. paintball going bye-bye is a real possibility.

what to do about it? well, it might be hard to reach the people that go to Wally World to buy a gun JUST to shoot cars... you never see them at the fields. But you can start a personal campaign to reach out to the people in the paintball community that are around you. believe it or not, even some people that play on sundays and have been in the game for a while go out and shoot mailboxes.

here in Iowa, we had a scare a couple years back. some state legislater's son got his eye shot out while not wearing a mask in his back yard. he was under 18. the friend he was with that accidentily shot him was over 18, and was wearing a mask. if i recall, the guy made it his personall vendetta to make paintballing illegal for people under the age of 18... or 21.. i dont remember. it took a few hundred ballers to show up outside the capital building and a personal (but civilized) confrontation to sway his mind about the matter. why did his son get his eye shot out? he wasn't wearing a mask. that is rule #1 to anyone in the game. the overwhelming majority of paintballers know better.. and that is why 99.9999998% of us have our eyes.

you see, people on the outside dont understand paintball.. can you blame them? not really. but, it is shameful for any person to pass unfair judgement on something or someone without learning a thing or two about it. there are millions... MILLIONS of decent, good natured paintballers all acrossed the country. we arent out here playing "war" and training and building our minds and bodies for killing. frankly, football, hockey, rugby, and even soccer(the mothers!) promote more aggression, and are more violent than paintball. when I am sitting behind a bunker, raining paint on you, I have no ill intent or aggressive feelings towards you. I am not interested in causing you bodily harm. I dont disrespect you. and I am certainly not pretending to "KILL" you.

you cannot deny that paintball does take roots in the dynamics of war and battle. but that is just that.. shooting paintball markers and shooting real guns at REAL people are similar in dynamics of the armed power struggle, and in appearances only. just as there are so many that will say that violent video games, movies, or cartoons can promote violence.. there is bound to be people who link paintball to violence. it is interesting to note that most phsychologists do not believe there to be any connection between playing violent video games and actually committing violent acts.

and you cannot conclude that just because there might be those few individuals who have played paintball and have committed violent acts that paintball was the cause... if only one could truly fathom how many people have not committed violent acts that have played paintball. MILLIONS.

Paintball is the best sport on earth for a reason... and it is one of the fastest growing extreme sports for a reason. If we really were all violent criminals, we would probably all be in jail.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2005, 03:10 PM #170
DillyBar

from 68caliber
here

Paintball violence...
By Bryan Gilchrist
Oct 6, 2004, 09:42

Being part owner of a paintball news site, I get exposed to stories about paintball violence on a daily basis. I've wondered to myself, "How could this happen?", "How could anybody be so twisted that they would perpetrate such a crime?". But the real question is "Why isn't the industry doing anything about it?"

Most recently I posted an article on our site regarding a woman in England that was shot in the face with a paintball. I post stories like this on an almost daily basis. Was there one peep from the industry? Did they denounce the actions of the assailants? No. Most of the time, their response is “Why do you post stories like that?” Are we supposed to take no notice of it? Are we supposed to pretend like it doesn’t really happen?

It's disheartening to see that the industry chooses to ignore the fact that paintball related violence occurs. It seems that they are taking the "If we ignore it, it will go away" approach. Well, it's not. And it’s getting worse as the sport itself progresses.

I've even tried to start an organization myself, Paintball Players Against Vandalism and Violence. I got a lot of interest from the players, but no interest at all from within the industry. I also know there are and have been many organizations that have been started for the same reason, but all have we unsuccessful because the industry chose not to get involved.

A simple search of “sport violence” on Google reveals that just about every other activity in America has guides or other ways of dealing with violence in their sport, and most of them have guides to dealing with sports violence with children too. So, why not paintball?

Children, or impressionable teens, make up a major portion of our sport, and if the sport chooses to sit back and do nothing about paintball violence, what message does that send to the children - the future of the sport - that paintball violence is ok?

The industry is the “parent” of the sport, and the players are the “children” and it’s the responsibility of the parent to teach the child right from wrong. So, it’s time the industry started acting like a responsible parent.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:05 AM #171
PatheticIdiot
iDGAFlol

Ya true
Old 03-21-2005, 02:16 AM #172
lilpaintballer02
JDM CAR BOI

so ur saying u can ban drinking too because u can use beer bottles as weapons...you can bann dodgeball as well i say thats more violent teehee!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:38 AM #173
gregh

has been a member for 10 years
just remember 60-70 years ago weed(pot) was growing freely along roadsides everywhere plus in fields everywhere. All it took was a few "do gooders"/a holes with some power to make it illegal. They thought it was wrong/dangerous and they banned it. Who cared if it was legal pre-revolutionary war? If the powers that be target paintball there is little we can do. That means we have to fight and show support for paintball no matter what restrictions are placed.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bouncefactor&ssP ageName=STRK:ME:UFS
Old 03-21-2005, 01:54 PM #174
stlyesom
The Sandwich Man

Quote:
Originally posted by lilpaintballer02
so ur saying u can ban drinking too because u can use beer bottles as weapons...you can bann dodgeball as well i say thats more violent teehee!
Dodgeball is banned in many public school systems....

AHHHHH! Why is this thread back?!?!!?

Myspizzace

Hot 2k5'd ECX F/S

Feedback
Old 03-21-2005, 04:43 PM #175
KappAlanche33

Quote:
Originally posted by FattyMcTrickle
So why isn't baseball banned because I'm sure there are more vandals using baseball bats then paintball guns.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:27 PM #176
vanhellsing101
Banned

i think this is fake

post a url that has proof
Old 03-21-2005, 06:35 PM #177
xXGUNZXx
Banned

Yea outher people that are doing that **** is ruining it for outhers i mean
Old 04-27-2005, 04:06 PM #178
xXPBGuy32Xx

Thumbs down Florida has some screws loose!

What about all the late night shootings with real guns, why don't they completely ban real guns 2, cause i bet there are more than triple the real guns incedints going to court then paintball ones! That judge must just be a Hata!!
Old 04-27-2005, 04:13 PM #179
Born2Drive2 (Banned)
rawr

Thanks for bringing back this thread....

But yeah, no ones gonna ban paintball, and no ones gonna ban handguns. How the hell are they gonna get them off the street? Exactly, they cant.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:05 PM #180
stlyesom
The Sandwich Man

Gah, this thread is so old

Myspizzace

Hot 2k5'd ECX F/S

Feedback
Old 04-30-2005, 12:31 AM #181
pbhunter5190
Fantastic!

pbhunter5190 is a Supporting Member
Wow America is getting more "*****" everyday. Know we can't handle people shooting each other with paintball guns in open places. Toughen up!
I watch it all, and pretend that I’m above it.
But the truth is I see it I need it, I love it.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:32 PM #182
BassBlaster1o1

yeah i herd about this it, if it passes it wont go into effect untill 2007
Old 05-07-2005, 07:58 PM #183
FPref

FPref plays in the PSP
FPref is an NCPA player
FPref plays in the APPA D4 division
umm basement paintball is in my future...
Old 05-18-2005, 04:45 PM #184
kleners
Digitial Paintballer

well I know where im at. if you get caught with just a baseball bat in your car. you can get a ticket. but if you have other sports equipment. then its fine. So I see more of a tightningdown of people just walking around with a paintball gun. you have to have it in a bag with your other equipment and such.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:38 AM #185
BassBlaster1o1

i dont get why every one is saing this site isnt real i just saw an article about it in the newspaper yesterday
Old 05-21-2005, 12:49 AM #186
Shockerkid82
I Play On.

its not going to happen. Florida is the California of the east coast
Old 06-01-2005, 06:26 AM #187
hello

man that sucks for you guys thative in florida.......................oh **** i live in florida, but i am going to go paintballin today after summer school
Old 06-03-2005, 08:41 PM #188
paintballkid2950
wow just..wow

@$#@$!!!i live in florida!!if they ban paintball......omg what will i do!!this is my life....i might have to play airsoft !!!

Last edited by paintballkid2950 : 06-14-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:53 PM #189
Baron von Miller
hotair.com

Baron von Miller is a Supporting Member
I cannot say that this report is true or not, but wether it is or it isn't the best way I can think of to defend your sport is probably joining a group like the N.R.A. Their address is www.nra-ila.com .