Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-04-2005, 01:50 AM #148
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

Quote:
Originally posted by gregh
While this seems to be false the fact is paintball is being regulated heavily in many areas.
This thread is false. Not seems to be.
This thread is predicated on the illusion that a judge said he would ban paintball in florida.

The quote does not exist. The newspaper article does not exist. The subject may be a valid one but the thread is in fact false.

If 500 paintballers go out and yell to their local elected officials the response will be "What are you talking about?"

The problem will be created out of nowhere by word of mouth.
A problem that did not exist before some kid cried wolf.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2005, 02:00 AM #149
kangaroodent
Rodenté

kangaroodent is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by fossilhead
This thread is predicated on the illusion that a judge said he would ban paintball in florida.

The quote does not exist. The newspaper article does not exist. The subject may be a valid one but the thread is in fact false.

If 500 paintballers go out and yell to their local elected officials the response will be "What are you talking about?"

Goes to show how reliable PBNation is as a source of information.

Feedback
Old 03-04-2005, 02:20 AM #150
gregh

Quote:

AS I have done no research I will not say absolutely what some judge said. Now that being said I do know that in many areas restrictions have been put on paintball. That is not fiction that is fact. It is something people interested in paintball should know. Also people have to realize that things can change and laws can be added. Firearms(real guns) have a very strong and wealthy lobby yet restrictions still have been placed and some firearms have even been banned that were legal previously. Want to have to pay for a course to be able to play paintball? Hunters in NY pay and have to take a course to be allowed to hunt legally. Want to fish in NY(not on the ocean) you need to pay for a fishing license if over a ceratain age(I think it is 12 but it may be 16 as has been awhile since I fished). Now I for one don't want to have to get a license to play paintball. If people don't realize idiots shooting houses, cars, people on the street or even light poles in front of their houses can't screw it up for the rest they are wrong.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bouncefactor&ssP ageName=STRK:ME:UFS
Old 03-04-2005, 03:25 AM #151
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

Paintball markers should only be used within legal paramaters IE on a licensed field or outside of city limits.
I addition markers should be sold only to those who can legally posess them. Individuals 18 years of age and older or minors who have a parents consent to own and operate a marker under the parents supervision.

Are the restrictions on paintball you are speaking of much stricter than that?
Old 03-04-2005, 05:53 AM #152
cruthikpimp69
EAST COAST FINEST

We should ban hunting from every state becasue people get shot by guns every day. that is like saying the samething. this is outrageous!!!!!!!!
Trauma Fan 376
Old 03-04-2005, 08:29 AM #153
isk8
Dying to Live

thts gay
Old 03-04-2005, 08:38 AM #154
Dunamis

Yeah, buncha malarkey. Besides, even if it was banned then paintball shootings would happen more. I will not accept the banning of paintball ANYWHERE unless they ban guns, knives, baseball bats, boxing gloves (continues list)......
Old 03-04-2005, 01:15 PM #155
DefTone
finger lickin good

Annual Supporting Member
DefTone is a Supporting Member
DefTone is a founding member
DefTone supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally posted by Subterfuge
Living 7 years in Florida I would say you pretty much nailed it on the head. Not only that, but the property values of the houses down there are soaring. My dad bought his house for 160,000 and sold it for 283,000. He could of sold it for 400,000 if he waited one more year.

When I first lived in Florida there was a ton of empty land for outlaw paintball. The sardine development housing started exploding everywhere. This old outlaw field that was played on by oldschoolers 17-18 years ago was finally shutdown. Five outlaw fields later and we ran out of room. All that was left was the unplayable everglades on the other side of the road. These stupid yuppie indoorsman would drive by, see somebody with a marker walk into the woods, and call the police instantly. This was as far as we could go into the wilderness. It was totally out of everyone's way, yet some idiot lexus cage driver would come by and freak out. The next week there would be anti-paintball or No trespassing signs all around our outlaw field. I had to drive into miami dade to find a decent paintball field. Broward county killed them all. We even had a sup air ball field run by this church with safety nets. Somebody came by with thier horses, freaked out even though they were protected by safety nets, and called the police. The police said we couldn't play without a permit, permit denied.

Mike's paintball had a similar fate. They had thier land rezoned for the yuppie lifestyle. All of a sudden half of his land was residential, and half of it was commercial forcing him to shut down most of his fields. When I was leaving Florida I heard rumors of him shutting down for good.

Even the ATVers are getting kicked out. The old people complain that it's just too much noise and it ruins the enviroment despite it being 10 miles into the wilderness and the old wealthy people, not even being there to hear the noise. They don't even go outside. They just sit inside thier houses all day. Maybe the noise interupted thier lemonade tea party? I take a walk outside in the 80 degree heat and no one else is walking on the sidewalk but me. It's alot like Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451.
Yeah when I was moving down here last year I also heard about Mike's on the east coast getting shut down....That sucks for him and I dont even know the guy and have never been over there...I realize that there are ALOT of posts on here saying this whole thread was a bunch of BS and as far as I know it is..But the point I was trying to get across in my original post was for people not to be shocked if it actually comes up down here in FL sometime....I grew up in KY, plus I lived in OH and worked for a very large P-ball store there...Then I moved back to KY then here to FL...I gotta say, FL is a whole different world than anywhere I have lived before...Yeah people get pissed about stupid stuff anywhere you go but most just learn to deal with it or move onto something else in a month or two..I dont see that being the case here in FL...I think if anything ever does go down the people of FL will run it into the ground...It seems to me that a very large percentage of the state of FL have moved here from other places...And you have to understand that when someone moves here it's not to be a beachbum or work at McDonald's...It's because they have enough money to afford to do it..This place is very expensive to live in...So these are the people that can and will ruin anything that they dont agree with...And like I said before, all the redneck kids can kill themselves, they dont care about that...But just as soon as their little precious gets hurt playing paintball look out...The S__t is gonna hit the fan....In most places I think it would just amount to a few pissed off parents, no more no less...But here the yuppie/rich retired people ban together like no others...Like it was posted above, they have already started killing off the ATV riders in FL, they dont want them tearing up mothernature "damn tree hugging hippies" so dont be surprised if paintball is next...There not gonna ban soccer or baseball...Gotta go after the lesser known sports and we fit into that catagorey...I'm sure all the ATV/Dirt Bike trail riders said the same things the paintball community are saying " They cant touch us" ... " It'll never happen, it's all BS" ....
Well now they now different.........

You wanna make $14 the hard way?
Old 03-04-2005, 01:39 PM #156
WuBuBu

Well, first off a state court can ban paintball, its an issue of federalism, state court may change the laws, but ultimately federal law can overtake it. Plus if you guys dont like it, start a petition, dont just sit on your ***, if you really love it, do something about it.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:41 PM #157
french_bum (Banned)
www.pbgunwhore.com

french_bum is a Supporting Member
Quote:

thank you....stop entertaining the idea. It will never happen. EVER. Restrictions due to ZONING are not banning issues. Stop crying wolf and causing these problems.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:55 PM #158
POGUE182
Banned

That sucks the Big one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:56 PM #159
The_Kids_Are_Alright (Banned)
Sarcasm Sandwich

God damn it.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:58 PM #160
1boredboy
Rollin *****s since 1992

PEN!S i say PEN!S to florida and they gator swamp ways
Old 03-04-2005, 05:01 PM #161
Autococker9790
Aim Low!

Dude I live in Florida and These kids make me so mad. I am serious if they ban paintball I am moving.
JOHN 14:6
And Jesus saith unto him I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the father but by me.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:35 PM #162
SHOOT KILL WIN

SHOOT KILL WIN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SHOOT KILL WIN is an NCPA player
SHOOT KILL WIN plays in the APPA D4 division
SHOOT KILL WIN has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it wont happen there is too much money to be made!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:32 PM #163
BassBlaster1o1

hi

Last edited by BassBlaster1o1 : 03-05-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:38 PM #164
swagnerboy
the entertainer

i doubt it will be banned, the largest tourneys in the world are held there every year, and i promise you that does not hurt the local economy.........

think of all the taxes they get on hotels and food only when everyone travels down for WC
Old 03-05-2005, 11:55 PM #165
FiveXX
Monstertruck Jones

FiveXX is a Supporting Member
FiveXX plays in the PSP
FiveXX plays in the APPA D1 division
good thing no one llives in FLORDIA

Avalanche

LNIB LUXE 2.0 F/S

Old 03-05-2005, 11:57 PM #166
EvIL-ChIldren
Evil STD

i used 2livein So*FLA if it gets banned which it probally wont but incase it does im going on a protest

"the only secure system is the one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards"
Old 03-06-2005, 01:07 AM #167
gregh

Quote:
Originally posted by swagnerboy
i doubt it will be banned, the largest tourneys in the world are held there every year, and i promise you that does not hurt the local economy.........

think of all the taxes they get on hotels and food only when everyone travels down for WC
correct me if I am wrong but FLA has no sales tax or do they have sales tax and no state income tax I forget.

No matter this is mute as thread is false.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bouncefactor&ssP ageName=STRK:ME:UFS
Old 03-06-2005, 01:11 AM #168
jackmackay
paintball is gay...

Quote:
Originally posted by Stags209
that is terrbile, becasue a coupel of dilinquents everybody cant play.

i hate that...

feedback