Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-27-2002, 07:30 PM #1
chrisdafu
~The Garbage Men~

has been a member for 10 years
3 Man Tips

Our team The Garbage Men are entering our first tourny, a 3 man and are wondering what to expect. What are some tips that would make the day by easier and help us win more games. Also we are planning to bring 4-5 cases of paint. Should this be enough? Thanks
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2002, 09:35 PM #2
CutOut21
ess eye en

CutOut21 is a Supporting Member
communicate... that's the biggest tip anyone can give you, just keep talking to each other
Old 04-27-2002, 10:03 PM #3
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
Walk the fields before the tournament starts so you can plan out your strategy where you will go off the break and plan secondary moves. Be flexible though you may not be able to execute your plan exactly the way you want to.

Communication is VERY important let your team know where the other team is you can name bunkers when you walk the field to make this easier. The other thing to keep going is communicate a dead count so you know how many players are left on the other team and how many are left on your own if possible.

The dead count is nice I've seen quite a few games that didn't have a flag hang because they didn't realize the other team were all in the deadbox.

I'd say 4-5 cases is a good number on paint should be enough but it depends on how many games you'll be playing and if it's limited paint games or not. If it's limited paint it should be more than enough.

Good luck and most importantly have fun, this game costs too much to not enjoy yourself.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:17 PM #4
predball85

2 front players and one in back has worked every time for my team.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:55 PM #5
iMPy512

iMPy512 supports Pev's Paintball
1. keep 2 guys in the back, burning one guy of the break make a HUGE difference.

2. Play quick and aggressive, games will typically be under 5 min.

3. Be smart, quick, and..well, smart. if your out, one-third of your teams gone.

4. shoot a lot, its a 3 man tourney, you shouldnt even shoot to much paint.

5. Finally, make many moves that seem risky toward the end of each game (whether time or eliminations) you usually get points for pulling the flag, eliminations, and hanging the flag, just getting 10 more points by grabbing the flag could get you into finals, and in a 3 man, if you try a crazy move, you just miht pull it off.

6. Walk the fields, pick your first two bunker moves with ever senario (if you loose a guy, if they loose on, ect.)

7. Communication helps, just be sure to call out where they are and if your going to do some moves, other than that your good. Also keep an ear out, chances are if they use lots of codes you can pick up on some of the important ones.

8. Finally, watch the games with teams you are playing before you play them, find out their game plan and codes, not too hard in a 3 man

9. 3 man tourneys suck.... just an opinion, before i was brought into the world of 5,7, and 10.

10. remember steps 1-8
Old 06-15-2002, 11:05 PM #6
iMPy512

iMPy512 supports Pev's Paintball
oh, my fault, you need a kill and loss count like 11 for kill 1, 12 for kill 2, or Limbo 1 if you lost a player (these are xamples, use em if u want, the all a's uses the 11, 12, 13, 14, im not not sure if they still do, its been a while.