PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-24-2002, 02:40 PM #1
Immortl

has been a member for 10 years
On Target - Wednsday Nights

I was just curious how the games are run at OT on Wednesday nights and have a bunch of questions. Do they play woodsball or speedball or a mix of both? Is there usually a decent turnout this early in the year? Do a lot of teams show up or do individuals show up too? Do the people and players there tend to be friendly?

OT is about an hour south of where I work and I am thinking about trying it out but would just be heading down myself. Thanks for any info.

Joe
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2002, 04:58 PM #2
BoycottPaintball j/k
Team Chaos Theory

ive never played there on a wednesday but i can help you with your one question, the people there are not friendly at all. Dont waste your time and money playing there, just go over to Pinelands, they actually try to make you have a good time after you pay
~kyle
Old 04-24-2002, 07:22 PM #3
NJhobo
hibernistic

i gotta disagree with u on that one boycott, the guys over there have always been extremely nice to me, I was talking one of the guys at OT about the wed. night games, they say they play some of the fields while there is still sunlight out, but then they go to the speedball fields once its dark out because they have lights for those fields, never been on a wed. night though so i cant help u from a first hand expierence on that one
Old 04-24-2002, 10:40 PM #4
Avalanch
she likes me !~!

i can hepl you out .. i play thier almost every night it is open .. thats my teams home field ... now as for your Q they have been having some pretty good turn outs on wed's but then again its all chance you could wind up their with liek 4 other people... or one night we had like 60 so . if you go on a good day . then their wil be a god turn out but their are always more on sundays
Old 04-29-2002, 05:48 PM #5
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Squattingdog is a founding member
We went to On Target yesterday and we all had a great time. The Staff and Refs were great, we played all the fields except one which was very wet. We are going back as soon as we can.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:01 PM #6
NJhobo
hibernistic

hehe, gotta b the dirtbowl field, played there when the water froze over, advise*dont run on ice while shooting ur gun,,,, just had to add that coment,,, i plan on going once my school lifting gets done, hope to c u guys out there
Old 04-30-2002, 07:26 PM #7
spyder2k2
Back in action!

spyder2k2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
my opinion

going back to the original post,

Quote:
I was just curious how the games are run at OT on Wednesday nights and have a bunch of questions. Do they play woodsball or speedball or a mix of both? Is there usually a decent turnout this early in the year? Do a lot of teams show up or do individuals show up too? Do the people and players there tend to be friendly?
i played there during spring break and i've played there about 8 times in the past and i enjoyed the friendly service and the only bad side about the field is that some of their refs are little kids. but their small proshop is very friendly. i've met several players who are owners of other shops and are on teams and i enjoy playing against and with them. i've also met one person on aol who playes there and he at first had trouble w/ his rebel ( it had 2 balls roll down the barrel after each shot but he got it fixed later). about the fields: the main speedball field u first see is nice but they change it from spindles and barrels to wooden sheet bunkers. they got inflatable bunkers next to the speedball field. behind the speedball and inflatable bunkers, there is a hyperball field which is pretty good. as u walk to the chronograph area there is a path to the left and one straight ahead of the chrono area. the path to the left go to a huge desert-like field w/ 2 castles and a large forest field that has trail ambush bunkers and a huge castle to have natural bunkers and wooden bunkers.
to the north of the chrono area there is a dense forest field for capture the flag type games and what not. behind the proshop and the parking area there is a fence/ natural bunker field that is very fun. as u walk down the road u enter from there is a bridge to go to a medium size fort/ natural bunker field that i played capture the flag w/ my friend's defiant (it jammed during the game and as i went back to the staging area i saw that the paint got into the spring area and took me about a few minutes to clean). these are my opinions of ontarget and on wednesday nights they do do almost all the fields but u got to get their early to beable to play the other fields. the best day to go play at OT is on sundays because u dont have to worry about nighttime and it also a good day to play cause u get to miss going to church if u are a person who doesnt like going to church. but hey this is the best time to go
Old 06-22-2002, 07:08 PM #8
spyder2k2
Back in action!

spyder2k2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
July 10th

i know this post is old but i just want to say that if there are ne players from Southern Jersey that are going. if u are going on july 10th look for me. i'll be wearing a Flame jersey.