Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-16-2005, 04:38 PM #1
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

has been a member for 10 years
Pistols

i was plannign on getting a Zues G2 but then i saw the overlord and it looked kool but how is it.i need some advice and reviews/suggestions here. thanx
Rock is life
ST=Retards with Matches. go burn

Musician? Music Fan? Music Nation. www.musicnation.cjb.net[
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2005, 07:34 PM #2
THE KAMKA

only been out a few weeks...very few reviews
Old 02-16-2005, 07:54 PM #3
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

im guessing that its probly not as good as the zues, cant accept barrel extensions, and the overall msrp for the zues is higher which i knwo doesnt nescisarily mean anything but im just gonna go out on a limb and assume the quality is better (some1 let me no)
Rock is life

Old 02-16-2005, 07:56 PM #4
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

the only thing that looked better was the sick milling and the quick change co2/magazines, which i dont know if the zues is quick or not (some1 let me know that too)
Rock is life

Old 02-16-2005, 08:15 PM #5
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

i would check pbreview, but thier database is down right now
Rock is life

Old 02-16-2005, 08:32 PM #6
THE KAMKA

dont get me wrong...ive held and shot it...its nice...but i dont know its shots per 12 gram and range...

i know they got about 30 shots off in winter time with a 12 gram...

also...it comes stock with a delrin bolt..which is very very good...and also the quick release mag is great..but to costly...

the co2 isnt quick though...zeus is easier to change..

but, for an extra 20$ you can get this thing called a quick cap for the zeus mag which is a backing that can pop off and allow for super quick reloading with 10 rouind tubes....

its all preference in the end i geuss...

the zeus is more realisticly milsim i thats what you want and can be upgraded cosmetically to your wildest dreams
Old 02-16-2005, 08:39 PM #7
Vlar

I have an Overlord and absolutly love it. I have written a review of my impressions of the overlord. You can find it here:

http://forum.ariakon.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3015&PN=2
Old 02-16-2005, 09:39 PM #8
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

kool, u guys were helpful. i think im gonna go with the zues cause i am a customization freak (as u can see with my Tippy Assain Sniper) and as long as it has a quick changing co2/magazine im good. thanx u guys. ne1 else please post if u would liek i could always use more info
Rock is life

Last edited by DarkSideXIII : 02-16-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:48 PM #9
Vlar

While the Zeus may change C02 faster and has the quick cap, which I am envyous of, the Overlord also have the Rapid Release Magazine. You can remove and replace the magazine completly in under a second. The is most useful when you have multiple clips, but also if you find refilling the clip with a 10 round tube awkward while the clip is on the marker.

I've never had the oportunity to handle or use a Zeus, however I have handled both the ACP and the Overlord, and I much prefer the Overlord. I, like you, also love the milling.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:27 AM #10
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
I have a Zeus G1 and an ACP. The quick release mag on the Overlord is to be released for the ACP shortly and I can't wait.

CO2 changes on the Zeus and ACP are identical. The newer Zeus cap makes it a little quicker...but not a whole heck of a lot. The Quick Cap on the Zeus gives it a reloading edge if you're not swapping out magazines but from what I've read on the Overlord's mag system it is even quicker still. Mag changes in a few seconds without looking at the marker. The Zeus will allow you to change mags but it is a hard, time consuming chore and you have to focus on the marker while you're doing it...same too with the quick cap...your focus must be on the marker during reloading. I've heard not so with the Overlord mag.

Again, this is just what I've heard on the mag system and my experiance with the ACP and Zeus G1.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:50 PM #11
DarkSideXIII
Snausages

how hard was it for u to reload the mag, (how "time consuming" is it)
Rock is life

Old 02-17-2005, 07:43 PM #12
THE KAMKA

a matter of a few seconds with the zeus and about 2 seconds for the overlord......

just plan on spending money of clips that will amount to more than you payed for the gun if you plan on carrying more than 2 clips on you
Old 02-17-2005, 08:50 PM #13
AriakonDevilDog
Team ShortBus

I can't wait to get an Overlord. The delrin bolt and RRM are an awesome combination. As far as clips go, you should never need more than one extra clip in the first place. Most players use them as a backup in the first place and even when I dedicated an entire day of rec play to my ACP I never used more than two mags worth of rounds in a game (highest number of rounds in one game was 17 and I was still getting eliminations).
Old 02-18-2005, 02:58 AM #14
MonkMoney

Quote:
Originally posted by THE KAMKA
a matter of a few seconds with the zeus and about 2 seconds for the overlord......
I don't know about the Zeus since I don't own one, but you can easily completely switch out clips on the overlord in under a second. It's as easy as grabbing it and pulling it off but It’ll never move on ya’ unless your trying to take it off. It's a very simple design but very clever. To slap a new clip on you slide it on and it clicks into place. Easy as pie.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:25 PM #15
THE KAMKA

i was saying the zeus takes a second or two more to reload next to the overlord...my bad...came out wrong...
Old 03-02-2005, 10:20 AM #16
mgregg85

Quote:
Originally posted by THE KAMKA
dont get me wrong...ive held and shot it...its nice...but i dont know its shots per 12 gram and range...

i know they got about 30 shots off in winter time with a 12 gram...

also...it comes stock with a delrin bolt..which is very very good...and also the quick release mag is great..but to costly...

the co2 isnt quick though...zeus is easier to change..

but, for an extra 20$ you can get this thing called a quick cap for the zeus mag which is a backing that can pop off and allow for super quick reloading with 10 rouind tubes....

its all preference in the end i geuss...

the zeus is more realisticly milsim i thats what you want and can be upgraded cosmetically to your wildest dreams
congrats to you for being the first one to spell zeus right
Old 03-03-2005, 09:00 AM #17
THE KAMKA

Quote:
Originally posted by mgregg85
congrats to you for being the first one to spell zeus right
lol
Old 03-08-2005, 10:17 PM #18
expertshot.com
Paintball Dealer

Ive got a overlord sitting here in front of me. Personally the magazines took a bit getting used to. I havnt found them and easier to use compared to the Zeus.

Out of the box it chrono'd a little hot, 320. Its pretty accurate, I'd say about the same as the Zeus. I compared the two and really didn't find a winner or loser.

I like the trigger on the overlord, it has a very nice feel to it. The overlord kinda reminds me of a gun off like Star Trek, which is cool. Its a new thing for the paintball community. I think if you bought it you would be happy with its performance, I have not done any durability testing on it yet.

What I can tell you is its very solid and pretty simple to use. Well guys thats my review, even considering I am a dealer. I didn't add any bias to try and say hey buy this product or anything, just facts from what I found in testing it.

Tippmann A5 Flatline E Tactical
Zeus G2 Limited Edition-Black
Old 03-09-2005, 03:59 AM #19
AriakonDevilDog
Team ShortBus

Certainly you got more shots from the stock Overlord over the stock Zeus though right? The delrin bolt that comes stock on the Overlord is what I'm most interested in. I'm looking to get a delrin bolt for my ACP soon so I can get 30+ quality shots like the Overlord is getting (according to several users anyways). For the price, I think the Overlord is the best bang for your buck based on efficiency, looks, and the magazine (I hate the "traditional" pistol mags).
Old 03-09-2005, 11:11 AM #20
expertshot.com
Paintball Dealer

Quote:
Originally posted by AriakonDevilDog
Certainly you got more shots from the stock Overlord over the stock Zeus though right? The delrin bolt that comes stock on the Overlord is what I'm most interested in. I'm looking to get a delrin bolt for my ACP soon so I can get 30+ quality shots like the Overlord is getting (according to several users anyways). For the price, I think the Overlord is the best bang for your buck based on efficiency, looks, and the magazine (I hate the "traditional" pistol mags).
Yes and no. Its pretty cold here. It was like 29 degrees when I did this so I don't think its fare to base my whole testing as far as shots go on it. Once it warms up a bit I will be able to do a better comparison for shots per guns. The bolt probably helps it so vs a stock zeus Im guessing it would be a bit better.

Tippmann A5 Flatline E Tactical
Zeus G2 Limited Edition-Black