Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2002, 03:36 PM #43
huh? again

has been a member for 10 years
my question again....... which ram is better? and one more what would make the ram run smoother and at a lower pressure(besides polishing) like making the holes bigger or more holes?

thanks
-joseph
huh? again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 02:38 PM #44
pyro hedgy
~*~*~*~*~*~

pyro hedgy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I've been going crazy trying to figure out what's wrong. The led on my gun won't light up on certain batteries. Sometimes I pull the trigger and it starts lighting up and going back to unlighted.
Sometimes it doesn't light up at all. I have'nt shot it yet, any help would be appricated.
pyro hedgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 03:53 PM #45
hedgehogsforprez

hedgehogsforprez is a founding member
It's not really a problem, as long as the gun shoots correct? The LED's are really pointless because they measure voltage and not how much juice your battery has in it
hedgehogsforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 10:54 PM #46
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
They are also 80% wrong anyways.
Matt H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:42 PM #47
Thug (Banned)

Lightbulb tech stuff

Post stuff like lighten trigger mod, polishing internals,how to put in stuff like lpr,and anything u know how to do. I know alot of people would like to know.
Thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 08:02 AM #48
snoman2730

yeah i need to know too. tech stuff=hizzy
snoman2730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 08:38 AM #49
jakesak
**** Magic

jakesak is reppin' sidebar 4 life
jakesak plays in the APPA D3 division
Putting a LPR on:
First take off the aoc cover. Next remove the asa screw. Now take out the plunger with amost any screw (bottomline screws work). If the aoc comes out good, if not take out the spring and aoc any way you know how. Next there will be a valve spring to take out.
Then take out the grub screw in front. Use an allen key. NOTE: most will be loctited in, YOU WILL NEED HEAT to get it out. Then replace it with the cocker hose nipple.
Then put the spring back in put that back in. Now with the LPR adapter, put it so that the spring is on the threading and against the valve stem. Screw the adpator in all the way. Now put the LPR onto the adpater and connect the hose to the gun. Put the ASA back on. and you are set.
NOTE: use teflon tape/loctite where needed.
...I'm here for a good time.
jakesak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 08:48 AM #50
jakesak
**** Magic

Polishing the ram:
First take out the ram. (if you dont know, post so we can tell you). Clean it off, see if you can take off the hammer connected to the rod. If so take it off and take off the treaded end on the ram. Next the rod will fall out or you will need to take it out. Clean off every thing. Take polish and make it shine. NOTE: if you have a dremal, this should be easy, put a attachment on and polish everything, it might get messy so do it in a can or box of sort. For polishing the inside of the ram, take a qtip and attach it on the dremal and go at it. Now you can polish the inside of the body if you want. What I did was take a large shochacbob(wooden stick about 1 foot long) and put a cloth at the end and polish the inside. Make sure you get all the stuff out before puting the ram back in. NOw that you have it nice slice and shiny, put RED (thanks Blue ) loctite on the rod that connects to the hammer, put the hammer on. NOTE: make sure the rod is INSIDE THE RAM when loctiting it. let it dry. Put lube on it and put it back in. It should be a nice and smooth action.

God I hate school!

Last edited by jakesak : 03-12-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:55 AM #51
Have Blue

Have Blue is a Supporting Member
One note: Do not use blue loctite to connect the hammer to the ram shaft. Use the high strength red loctite.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:51 PM #52
Thug (Banned)

Well im pretty new to tribals so i ll throw in the couple things i know. may be i can help someone.

Trigger mod. Firs take out the two grip frame screws, when u get those out there will be a wire goin to the noid pull the connection apart,take off the back plate so u got room to work and dont wrip any wires out of it, then pull out the main board,make sure u pull up the right side first so u dont mess up the led lights,then nock out the big pin in the grip frame nock it out form the right side or it will not fit back in right .it dont have to come out all the way just enough to get the trigger spring out,then u can either cut an ink pen spring and put it in or just take it out and not put another in. for a realy light pull dont put a spring in,then put the pin back the board, trigger frame back on then the back plate and ur ready to go.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:23 PM #53
Rampage
Back once again...

Good job guys... if i wasn't so lazy I would add stuff but I'll leave that up to yall. Sticky this matt!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:08 PM #54
Thug (Banned)

fury chip mod

First to put the fury chip u need to either ware rubber sole shoes or an anti static wrist band on. know u need to pull out the grip frame screws, then pull out the main board and make sure to pick up the right side first so u dont mees up the led lights,then use the chip puller and pull out the old chip, then put in the fury chip, then just put ur gun back together set the dip switches and get ready to rip.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:40 PM #55
lLIL DUFF

how to put paint in ur gun,

This is prollay the hardest thing to do now first pop the top on ur hopper tear the bag ppour the paint in then close the hopper now ur ready to rip.

No but how do u install the d - eye - y board is there any like drilling or ne thing. I guess this is to have blue but i guess it could be to ppl who has put it in.

THANKS
DUFF
JOIN THE TRIBE
lLIL DUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:28 PM #56
snoman2730

HOW TO BUNKER DUFF

run by the bunker and shoot about 1 foot off of the ground to gog him. J/K.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:18 PM #57
Rampage
Back once again...

Post D-eye-Y Information

Blue has a great manual on his website on how to install the D-eye-Y. It is -highly- recommended that you read this if you are planning to install a D-eye-Y.

Official D-eye-Y Page

-Joe
Old 03-14-2003, 08:41 AM #58
jakesak
**** Magic

AOC

How to assassinate a thread.
Quote:
Originally posted by snoman2730
HOW TO BUNKER DUFF

run by the bunker and shoot about 1 foot off of the ground to gog him. J/K.
How to change the AOC.
First take off the aoc cap. Next remove the asa via the asa screw. Remove the plunger along with the spring and the aoc. There might be a set screw on the side body of the aoc. If so loosen it. This in turn will loosen the aoc screw. Turn the screw in to increase the persure, out to decrease the persure. Return the aoc/spring/plunger and screw in the asa. YOU WILL NEED A GAUGE! to do it right. The perfect pressure is around 95-105. Once you get that pressure, remove the aoc again, put loctite on the set screw, let dry and replace it into the body.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:18 PM #59
Thug (Banned)

How do u change valves, put in buffers,and oring kits.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:45 PM #60
jakesak
**** Magic

Valve

Removeing the valve:
Take out the aoc(look above in the "putting on a LPR") take off the trigger frame. Remove the brass screw on the bottom of the body. This will free up the valve, but it might still not come out. If so then remove the ram(look above) get a stick with soft piece on the end.( pencils might work, as well as just a dowel rod with rubber at the end). Push out from the ram, so that the valve exits from the front of the gun. Do what you must to it. Replacing it. Put it back in so that the groove matches with the bottom of the body where the screw is. Put the brass looking screw in and you might want to use teflon or loctite on this. Replace all the interenals.
Do some more at school tommorow.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:11 PM #61
Paint Bull
A Newt? -

For Polishing....

When something looks shiny it doesnt mean it isnt scrathced. It means all of it's little scrathes are Oriented, and going the same direction. for polishing frames and such, I would suggest

Sand Blasting
- 600 grit
- 800 grit
Sand Blast
- 600 grit wet
- 800 grit wet
- 1000 grit wet
- 2000 grit wet.

from there polish imediately.... one your at 2000 grit that thing will be soooooooooo shiny, never dry it with paper towels past 1000 as paper towels will scratch it. air dry or use tissues, SOFT Tissues, not school tissues.

If you take your time and spend a long time on the first steps, you will notice you need less and less time each time.

Sand Blast, just smooths it over I have found. If you dont have a sand blaster, you dont use it....

ohh and when you sand (well its actually abbrasive paper)..... Go in the same direction. makes it look a lot nicer.. And if you do everything by hand, it wont leave (I dont know the word).... when people use machines some times it will leave marks, because it just goes in circles over and over... That's why if you ever go to a Hot Rod show all the cars will of used this same exact method..... Think of Wet Sanding a whole Model A with 2000 grit sand paper... that would suck
Old 03-25-2003, 07:57 AM #62
snoman2730

what size drill bit do you use to drill out the asa screw?

IM RICH !@#$%
Old 03-25-2003, 11:09 PM #63
the_man_show

the_man_show is a Supporting Member
So on the LPR installation can we get some picture? please?
the_man_show is offline   Reply With Quote