PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-26-2002, 02:20 PM #22
JBR Factory--$quirtZ

has been a member for 10 years
Ive been looking for the exact same thing. I cant find anything. All I've been able to find were the 5man results and that was just the top 3 teams. I wish they would update the site with some information.

~SquirtZ

[color=light green]-- JBR Paintball
-- Georgetown, Delaware
-- (302) 856-9474[/color]
Old 04-26-2002, 02:29 PM #23
Thunder-Ice

Scores

Hey guys give them a little time. They said they will have the standings and scores put up within one week of the tournment - Its only been 5 days and with over 600 games played it does take a little time to get the scores from the paper to the puter. Not to mention the fact that they are checking all rosters to make sure all teams only had eligable ppl on them.
www.philadelphiaeclipse.com
Favorite Saying - Thats 9 in the box, one still in the show, time to go bunker his ***, go go go!!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:02 PM #24
JBR Factory--$quirtZ

Aight thats cool, thanks for the information. I was just wondering if they were gonna put up the scores anytime soon. Later

~SquirtZ

[color=light green]-- JBR Paintball
-- Georgetown, Delaware
-- (302) 856-9474[/color]
Old 04-27-2002, 12:10 PM #25
RebelLED
Ronbo

UPDATE.....

5man B

1. Black Magic
2. Ether Black
3. Juveniles
4. Reckless Rebels Rush

Ether was Disqualified for something.

at http://www.globalpaintball.com/gpl/gpl3.html

they have the standings up.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:23 PM #26
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

I believe that Ether was disqualified b/c they had two Outkast members on the team. You are only allowed to have 1 am "A" on your roster. Outkast was in the top 3 in am"B" last year so this year they would have to become am "A". So that was basically two am "A" players on Ether hence the DQ. Ether black is still allowed to play "B" as far as I know.

My computer/adope reader is being stupid so i can't look at the standings. Could someone please post them here or email them to me at: redtwister3@yahoo.com
I would appreciate that alot.

later

Slowly getting back into paintball...
Old 04-27-2002, 08:39 PM #27
Dem0n697
Come Get Some

Yep

Download the file rather than trying to view it online. thats what i had to do..

As for Ether getting DQD and getting moved up to Am A, yeah thats why.

Ether black on the other hand, were still playing Am B.
2k1 Vert Feed Cocker sn#101288
AGD E-mag sn#EM01368

Bunkered: (adj.) When a player from the opposite team sneaks up to your fortified position and shoots at you point blank because you suck.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:59 PM #28
StylezFX
$$$-ya need me to survive

yeah, it was a great day

I think all the fields have their own charm. The small one allows for quick games, and makes the tight player king even more so. The hyperball was a little weird cuz the flag station took out alot of shots and in some cases forced you to shoot the tape, and the big air ball field had people rushing to key bunkers constantly. i like em all....... however, unlike some of the guys, i dont mind the rain so much, keeps me on my toes, weird huh? and to Ian of the twisters (i think it was you.... sorry if im not sure) carl wouldve given you the excuse that when he dived into the carwash he hit his tank against his goggles lol, which he did.... and it sortve made him dizzy, but he was able to play for finals pretty well. Good game tho guys. My screen name is StylezFX (yeah, the same as my pbnation user name if ya wanna IM me.

As far as the trophys, they look alright, i kinda dig the metal ones more. One of ours got knocked over and the guys hopper broke off, the barrel was hanging on by a hair and the guy in general came off the stand....... we gave that one to carl. they took our picture with carl and trevor holding it up in pieces, so if they put it up anywhere..... now you know why :-P

Good games to anyone, especially nice bluechips, great job at 3 man and 5 man, but ill be gunnin for ya next time

Rob Martin- Terminal Black
Old 04-27-2002, 10:34 PM #29
squeaky
INFAMY FOREVER

GPL review

yes hats off to the teams that came out and gave it there all.
i had fun and was proud of how we did for our first time back to GPL 5man since 97. brand new crew brand new stew. we had it rough a bit. yella bellys and juveniles got us good but it was a long one though. hey heisly i think oh nos have no respect for other teams. but thats ok because its a hard lesson they have to learn. anycase. congrats to twister guys too.
ps. ima getcha back dan ol boy lol.
later boyz
Old 04-27-2002, 11:15 PM #30
StylezFX
$$$-ya need me to survive

I dunno about that, i think alot of teams are actually of the mind set that theyre above their competition....... its just nice when they get spanked...... just cant let them take the event, thats the bottomline. it was my first tournament at global tho, for the most part it was great sportsmanship, competition and alot of fun, there were a few choice things that couldve been left out, but hey, nothins perfect ya know?

Hope to see ya all next time, hasta
Old 04-27-2002, 11:20 PM #31
squeaky
INFAMY FOREVER

Thumbs up quite true

i suppose you gotta a point there buddy. i realize you must have certain attitude about yourself when you go out there. otherwise it could effect your play. so confidence is a factor most defnitely.
cya around...
Old 04-28-2002, 12:57 AM #32
heisey
comin to get ya

heisey is a Supporting Member
Yeah i can't wait for the next GPL event. There is a a 5 man toureny at the FOXHOLE comin up for anyone in the area. I'm def. lookin forward to that. My team has alot of experience to learn more then anything. Can't wait to get a couple of practices in with the bluechips either. Hopefully they will teach us a couple things. See you all at the next GPL event.

heisey
Old 05-03-2002, 09:54 AM #33
PJSmith
I <3 TC

The Blue Chips can't teach you anything, they suck. TC's Ironmen will make pros out of you though.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:02 AM #34
heisey
comin to get ya

?? they suck ??

wow i wish i would suck so i could have gotten first place. YO everyone try your best to suck good things will come your way.

peace

heisey
Old 05-03-2002, 12:44 PM #35
PAINtballGoD_2000

Quote:
Originally posted by PJSmith
The Blue Chips can't teach you anything, they suck. TC's Ironmen will make pros out of you though.
OMG TC'S Ironmen are BLUECHIPS.
hahahahaha i think thats hillarious that you would bust on your own squad (iknow its a joke)

Old 05-03-2002, 08:27 PM #36
PJSmith
I <3 TC

Who the hell are you?

Paintball god huh? that sounds like a big time lie to me.

PS TC's Ironmen OwNz

Last edited by PJSmith : 05-06-2002 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:17 PM #37
PAINtballGoD_2000

opps o well i almost care

o well

Good Luck youll need
Old 05-08-2002, 08:37 PM #38
Wedge

Heisey

Heisey,

I played with the Oh-No's that day and I can assure that the overshooting on your teammate was not intended. There were all five of us alive that game and your teammate was in a precarious bunker with five guys shooting at him. I can also guarantee that they were not laughing at him getting overshot, they were laughing at me. I am 6' 3'' weighing 250, and we weren't going anywhere that day so I decided to play Mr. Frontman that game. Well, needless to say It was a pretty funny sight to see someone like me chuggin down to the thirties off the break. The game went surprisingly well for us and we are a very aggressive team, so unfortunatley it could have happened, but not by one person. Good luck to you guys and all the rest of the GPL teams. I played with Synergy in 2000, when we won the novice division. I was playin on the second squad then but it's a great tourny series, with quality teams and refs.

Wedge
Old 05-09-2002, 05:40 AM #39
heisey
comin to get ya

wedge

Hey man,

wow amazing how things can be seen on the other end. now that hear of what had happen my apologies are sent to u and ur team. I hope u can see how we took things and why i would have wrote what i did. Good luck to u and the rest of ur team for the rest of the series.

heisey
Old 05-10-2002, 12:42 PM #40
pbplayer

Mark,

You say you played frontman that game and chugged out to the thirty. Since when do front players play the thirty, unless you mean you played their thirty off the break. But seriously, I'll vouch for Mark and his crew of Oh No's, they are stand up guys and based on their third place finish at Skyball this year, they were not playing to their potential at Global, either that or the competition at Global is just that tough.

You guys know how it goes, with a dozen balls per guy in the air every second, some people are bound to take a few extra balls after the initial hit. Overall, I saw a very high level of sportsmanship at the first Global event, we should all feel good about that.

In any case, good luck to all playing the Global Series. Hope to see you all again at the June event.

Chip
Philadelphia Eclipse
Old 05-10-2002, 03:08 PM #41
Wedge

C'mon Chipper, you know that the thirties for me off the break is a friggin mile. It was funny as hell though. Thanks for the props, you guys did a great job reffin, and the only problem we saw was the air situation, but that should be resolved the next event. Sorry to see your results in LV, though i'm sure you guys had a lot of fun. We won't see you next event, we'll be at Skirmish, but I hope we can do the rest of the series. Good luck to everyone,

Marc