PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-14-2005, 11:16 AM #85
Kirk@WM

has been a member for 10 years
I really don't have a lot of mech information. I do know that blow back (even the slightest amount) is the number one chopper. So expect none of that from the mech.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2005, 12:23 PM #86
baldusi

Please, please, please let it have a rotary breech, just in case someone want to put some force feed loader. To make things easy, I don't want LF nor RF. Up or down. Why use LF when you can feed right from below?
Old 03-14-2005, 02:44 PM #87
Kirk@WM

I'll see what I can come up with baldusi. Would you be putting a Q-loader on it? Have you done any testing with those; what do you think about them??
Old 03-14-2005, 03:31 PM #88
baldusi

They are fast, they actually let you put the ball anyway you want, and you do need to read the manual. If you don't follow the instructions. They wont work. And you better use a Halo to fill the pods . Besides, they are kind of cumbersome. Specially on the Mayhem. Which I guess it's the closest in physical appearance to the Dreadnaught. The most bothersome part is the huge pod. It's quite unconfortable for such a small marker, and unbalances the gun. The other part is the adapter which doesn't lends itself to be put lika a grenade launcher.
But I've been thinking, and a mechanical Dreadnaught would be the really coolest marker to dress for a scenario game.
And may be I'm working on something else ;-).
Old 03-14-2005, 04:30 PM #89
Kirk@WM

Well......called up the qloader office, no answer. We may become a dealer and include the q-loader with some gun packages. Maybe they'll call back.

Glad to see we're not the only ones with secrets baldusi !!
Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 AM #90
Ostwar

I wouldn't sweat the Q-loader, it was a nice idea, but it needs improvement to survive. It is a little cumbersome, the pods are difficult and slow to fill, don't hold enough, expsensive, and don't fit in most pod packs. Not to mention the last 8-10 balls in the feed tube won't have any spring tension behind them until you add another pod. The time you save poding during the game (which is not that big of a deal) is more than compounded refilling the pods between games.

To get this system to really shine you need more capacity for the pods (at least 140 to equal standard pods) without a significant increase in size and the pods MUST fit in all standard packs. If Q-loader can do this than I see them becoming more popular at least around here.

Shaun
www.vbw.ca

PS, any Dreadnaught sneak peak photos?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:12 PM #91
Kirk@WM

Q-loader doesn't have any dealers, they only sell direct. It would have been nice to mak a body with an integrated feed system. ( No feed tube hose going everywhere ) If you think about it, it's not expensive at all. The package deal has everything you could ever need for $179. A Halo and a pack full of tubes is going to be about the same price. Personally I hate having something on top of my marker, but it's the best and most reliable way to feed balls..........someday it's gotta change.

If we had a prototype, there would be photos. We're still designing. I hate to keep everyone waiting, I just wanted to know what qualities you guys wanted in a marker because we're just starting. It may be a few months.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:49 PM #92
exno-killa
Uber Nuber with a Cougar

Just a random question... It it going to have some type of blinking LED?

DarrylHadfield of ICD-OWNERS.com and PBNation is a scam. Don't even attempt to do buisness by him.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:47 PM #93
Kirk@WM

We haven't chosen an electronics manufacturer just yet so I don't know what it will have. As far as I know, no one likes LCD screens very much. I expect a blinking light.

Last edited by Kirk@WM : 03-16-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:53 PM #94
exno-killa
Uber Nuber with a Cougar

I may be asking too much but if the high end WM marker has a board with lots of setting to it can ya make it V-link capable? Its like a cable that plugs the board of the marker into the PC and can change your gun settings quicker.

DarrylHadfield of ICD-OWNERS.com and PBNation is a scam. Don't even attempt to do buisness by him.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:59 PM #95
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

Quicker? My LED on my Tadao is a breeze. Took a bit getting used to but now it's a piece of as-...cake. Plus, if you're out at the field, you're not gonna have a comp.

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Old 03-17-2005, 08:53 AM #96
baldusi

V-Link is the software used to reprogram the Vaporworks boards. As most cards out there, you can program a lot of things with the trigger. But with the software, not only can you update the software (so now I have PSP settings in my 2004 Chaos board), but you can also tweak a lot of parameters that shouldn't be available in the trigger. In my case, this allows me to use an Entropy board (Intimidator) on a spool design of my own.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:39 AM #97
Kirk@WM

I've always wanted some type of Palm Pilot link, or just a simple LCD screen seperate from the marker that you plug into, program, and then un-plug. All of which can be done on location without a PC. It would cost a small fortune to do, so let's think of another way. I don't think a v-link is out of the question, but it would add some cost. Remember, we're trying to keep cost down to a minimum. We'd like the marker to be very affordable.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:46 AM #98
amcfall

I reccomend the Vaporworks products. Nice thing is most stuff can be done without the cable (right?) but you can get the cable as an option if you need the advacced features. Perhaps Goldie would give you a nice price for an Assault Chaos board.

Avery
Old 03-17-2005, 10:04 AM #99
Kirk@WM

Good idea Avery. I'm on it.

For those of you who don't know Avery, he runs the Nova shelter for Nova's with no home. Call him to adopt one.

Last edited by Kirk@WM : 03-17-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:12 AM #100
baldusi

Yep. The Chaos board is diminute. And if you keep the Bushamster pinout, it would simply be a problem of reprogramming the parameters in a Chaos 2k5 board (the one they'll use on the Freestyle). Goldie is one of the most honest and well intentioned person I've seen. I always try to buy from him. In fact, when I get my Dreadnaught (put me down to the first 10, please!), I'll test it with a MiniMorlok (sans Predator programming) and a Chaos Board.
If you wonder how is the Bushmaster pinout, look no further than here:
This thread in the ICD/FAQ forum.
The connector it's a 12 Connectors 2.00mm pitch, on two rows, male in the board, female in the harness. Same in the Morlock but with a different pinout. And the bushmaster has a plug on pin 4.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:13 AM #101
amcfall

Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk@WM
Good idea Avery. I'm on it.

For those of you who don't know Avery, he runs the Nova shelter for Nova's with no home. Call him to adopt one.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:01 PM #102
baldusi

I might have interest in adopting one. Any available?
Old 03-17-2005, 01:24 PM #103
amcfall

I have a few nearly complete that just need seals or other minor work, I can always build one up (great for when I need some money). Send me a PM or email if you're interested, and let me know if you have anything nifty for trade.

I'd love to see a Chaos board in the new marker. Oooh, I can't wait! We all need Dreadnaughts!

Avery
Old 04-07-2005, 08:48 PM #104
exno-killa
Uber Nuber with a Cougar

Any news as of the marker?

Old 04-08-2005, 11:44 AM #105
Kirk@WM

We're still discussing spool designs. The first project answered a few questions. Now we have to make a real prototype, but it's so busy around here right now that there's no point in trying to work on it....Just waiting on some free time. Saved any money up yet ?