PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-15-2005, 10:34 AM #22
baldusi

has been a member for 10 years
Humphrey has a new solenoid, the one used in the Nerve, that's rated for 225psi and won't leak till 300psi. They shaved 5msec from the cycle time of a HEA10A5-GL-W101, but it takes a 30% more wattage. All in all, a very interesting solenoid. Specially for an air returned blow forward design.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2005, 10:44 AM #23
Kirk@WM

Thanks Paintballer331, those are pretty much the core values that most people want. I think everyone TRIES to make markers with those qualities, but many fall short.

I've seen the Nasty in action, haven't shot it. I do have a new shocker here with eyes and a nerve board, I like most of it's qualities, my only complaint is the trigger. The trigger pulls like crap and no one notices because the programming makes you think the trigger is awesome.

Whether the E-blade is roller bearing or not, it feels great. It is EXTREMELY snappy and light. It's just not big enough to get both fingers in there. I would like to line some markers up and do some comparisons.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:32 PM #24
ameen

i think that most of teh snappyness(sp) is beint that the magnets are atrating instead of repelling; heay at first then light.

so when can we expect this new gun?lol

NEED MONEY FAST
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post40812276
Old 02-15-2005, 02:01 PM #25
dEATh

To clearify:
I don't want a single barrel with a marker, either a full kit or no barrel.

If the reg is ASA based I'd rather pick my own reg for it. That is I'd rather not pay for a reg that I'm likely to replace.
Regs are 3/4 performance and 1/4 ergonomics for me, I'll argue that this is commonly 1/2 performance, 1/4 brand name, 1/4 looks for most PPL.

Same thing with the trigger, I prefer an absolutely straight trigger that is rounded around the up-down axis. (Think round 2"nail for a trigger)
I set that up with a short travel, next to no back travel and a lot of spring force.
No marker will ever be sold stock with that so given the choice I'd rather pick my own trigger and set it up.

if you add the options of adding stuff to the marker on an order that would be fine. As in the entire flack kit would be one, an aftermarket reg, a choice of five triggers.
All at an apropiate added price of cource.

On attracting(?) magnet triggers I'm all thumbs down, I've tried the eblade and the Shocker '03. I'll admit that they feal nice, but with the inverted force relations it costs me BPS.
I want the force from the spring/magnet to help me shot faster by giving me more force when my fingers are weak, that is, as they turn and return.
In relation to that I should however say that I'd probably have a trigger that gave me electro shocks if it made me shot faster.

Hope that makes sence.
//dEATh
Old 02-15-2005, 04:55 PM #26
paintballer331
FISH

paintballer331 is a Supporting Member
paintballer331 plays in the PSP
paintballer331 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
paintballer331 plays in the APPA D3 division
more- you could do some cosmetic work to them, some people dont buy them just for the comsmetic crap, does not really matter to me, i kinda like people comin up to me and askin "what the hell is that" but thats just me. i also want the trigger in really tight. if i breath on it i want it to go off, but again this is probally just me.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:27 PM #27
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

I wish I could've kept my trigger like that but the new marker tests for the CFOA suck

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Old 02-15-2005, 06:44 PM #28
Ineedanewgun

Not everyone likes a beercan with a trigger frame, so keep looks in mind, while i don't mind them...

The big one is effcienty for me. I want 1500 shots off a 47/3000. you can do it, its not impossible. At that, in 50 degree F weather.

Overpricement is not in my favor either, keep it in the 400-700 dollar range, i don't want to pay 700 extra dollars for nothing.

comptable (sp?) threads on LPRs and HPRs are great too.

Another one that gets me is useless upgrades. We know delron is good for a bolt etc etc. We want clamping feednecks, just send them with'em! It should be manditory and not be an extra cost. These materials have been around for years.

Trigger frame comptablility is great too, i want a wide variety of triggers.

well, thats it so far..

When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:22 PM #29
baldusi

Quote:
Originally posted by Ineedanewgun
The big one is effcienty for me. I want 1500 shots off a 47/3000. you can do it, its not impossible. At that, in 50 degree F weather.
Show me one, and I mean just one, semiautomatic marker that can do that. The most efficient marker ever, the AKA's Viking, can barelly do 2200 out of a 68/4500. Since you need some 200psi, that means you have 35% less effective pressure, and 31% less volume. For a grand total of 55% less shots. Which would make about 1000 shots, top. Now, consider that the lower volume would make it have a higher temperature drop when shooting. So if you rip you'll get even worse efficiency.
And all this is calculated at 20C (68F), if you go lower you get worse efficiency.
So don't expect magic. 1000 out of a 47/3000 is almost a record. Unless you have a pump. But then, you don't worry about efficiency so much.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:47 PM #30
Ineedanewgun

Well, maybe i should hint it was sorta sarcasm you do get my point though right? I want it to be at its possible best when it comes to effciency.

When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, doesn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:07 PM #31
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

Ares we still sticking to the internals of the 80 here Kirk? Or are you expanding and changing things around a bit - shifting towards a 'Trix bolt, or maybe something like such...just for the added effciency?

FeedbacK
Old 02-20-2005, 08:57 PM #32
baldusi

Quote:
Originally posted by Ineedanewgun
Well, maybe i should hint it was sorta sarcasm you do get my point though right? I want it to be at its possible best when it comes to effciency.
The truth is that I've been so amazed by the sheer ignorance in some other forums (*cough*matrix*cough*), that I forgot the read the las "at 50 F" which was what actually should have tipped me that it was, in fact, sarcasm.
On the other hand, I really enjoy doing the kind of correct calculation I've applied up and thus I got a bit of enjoyment out of the post. Now you get your part in knowing I was so blind not to see the sarcasm. Or so appalled at the average poster of other forums :-)
Old 02-20-2005, 09:13 PM #33
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

You know....if we aren't sticking with a tube design...I at least want a window...something that I can look through something like...this:

1200 hours of dremel work and it's of course fully functional.

On second thought - maybe just one or two windows would be satisfactory

FeedbacK

Last edited by Polish Guy : 02-20-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:23 AM #34
paintballer331
FISH

paintballer331 is a Supporting Member
paintballer331 plays in the PSP
paintballer331 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
paintballer331 plays in the APPA D3 division
Old 02-21-2005, 10:38 AM #35
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

See - I'm not that demanding...

FeedbacK
Old 02-21-2005, 07:45 PM #36
Ineedanewgun

I'm not that demanding, and thanks for the tidbit of info to the person a few posts above (seeing as I'm not good at the whole quote system yet). I just know anything in PBall being mad that is selling for 700+ isn't worth buying, its more profit than production cost.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:10 PM #37
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

There's really only one gun that can justify a cost that high in my mind...although it's being seriously overkilled in the past 2 years, but the amount of craftsmanship and work that has built the Angel justifies the cost.

If you don't believe me, I can dig up some video that I found about a year ago that shows the process of building one from scratch and the costs and such that go into it.

FeedbacK
Old 02-21-2005, 10:15 PM #38
baldusi

Quote:
Originally posted by Polish Guy
There's really only one gun that can justify a cost that high in my mind...although it's being seriously overkilled in the past 2 years, but the amount of craftsmanship and work that has built the Angel justifies the cost.

If you don't believe me, I can dig up some video that I found about a year ago that shows the process of building one from scratch and the costs and such that go into it.
Have you checked that Dye doesn't perform the same exacting process? Or AKA? Besides, Angels are so expensive because they are made in England. Think higher than NY wages and the pound haven't sunken like the Amercian dollar. Besides, they sell a "premium" product, and so they sell "differentiation", "a comparative experience" or whatever the marketing guys are calling charging for the name.
I do believe that $1000 should be more than enough to cover the R&D, bill of materials, manufacturing and distribution cost of any marker with a reasonable run (>1000). Anything above that is brandname.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:34 PM #39
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

I totally understand, I'm just saying that they're the only ones who can justify it....creating the FF 4Fly costs about 550...and I mean, even back when dollar was king, they were expensive.

FeedbacK
Old 02-22-2005, 02:08 PM #40
Kirk@WM

Here's a rumor for ya. We MIGHT have something shooting 290 f.p.s.@90 p.s.i. in our possesion. Nothing is going to pop out overnight, or any time soon. We're just tinkering.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:34 PM #41
ameen

you guys are the next aka
i cant wait

hey polish,where ywould you find a cocker like that?
Old 02-22-2005, 05:42 PM #42
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

You won't. It's a custom job (duh) done by a WGP tech. It's his own personal gun...don't remember who's it is tho. It took him over a year because he apparently had to do it in the spare time he had at WGP.

And by saying we're the next AKA...are you saying that we're gonna get our ***** handed to us by some big paintball company in a lawsuit...is there something you aren't telling us Ameen

FeedbacK