PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-09-2005, 08:38 AM #1
Swansen

has been a member for 10 years
whats the deal, leon??

OK first off i want to know whats going on with kingmans rocking trigger, i thought leon has the patent for that, Also companies are making the p frame which removes the hammer and all that just like the osiris and i also heard talk of a MQ valve witch is a electronically controled valve which also sounds a lot like the osiris. SO whats the deal here, did leon sell the patent or are they infringing on his patent????
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2005, 01:41 PM #2
Kirk@WM

Everything in paintball gets ripped off. Sure you can patent it, but then you gotta spend time and money in court. Who's gonna beat Kingman, that would cost...........a lot. We've even had ideas here that somehow hit the market. The Smart Parts thing has been around forever, it doesn't seem like they're winning ( although I don't keep up with paintball politics) and look how long they've been at it.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:13 PM #3
Swansen

but its so dumb and that real dumb because how can a huge company market a patented product and not have something done like you should just be able to show you have the patend and be like hey they need to stop that crap,
Old 02-10-2005, 10:30 PM #4
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

I would probably turn out like what Viewloader did when the Halo A first came out. They said one spring in the drive was a copy of what they made (the developer of the HALO was from the R&D division of Viewloader before he stopped working for them) and that they couldn't make them anymore. The result - they just change that one thing and they get off scott free.

I figure anyone can copy the design of the Assault spool or the supercharger or whatever and use original materials or change the config around somewhat and still have it achieve the same purpose and call it their own.

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Old 02-11-2005, 01:07 AM #5
Lawbringer
Read, Comprehend, Post

Lawbringer is a Supporting Member
well if you paid attention you would know that the rocking trigger is fully liscensed by Leon and is in no way infringing on his intellectual property. This has been discussed too many times on the kingman forums allready.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:24 PM #6
baldusi

Re: whats the deal, leon??

Quote:
Originally posted by Swansen
OK first off i want to know whats going on with kingmans rocking trigger, i thought leon has the patent for that, Also companies are making the p frame which removes the hammer and all that just like the osiris and i also heard talk of a MQ valve witch is a electronically controled valve which also sounds a lot like the osiris. SO whats the deal here, did leon sell the patent or are they infringing on his patent????
The MQ valve is nothing like the Osiris. The MQvalve is a whole solenoid instead of the hammer/ram+sheridan valve. The Osiris is a ram based cocker. The solenoid activated ram was pionered by the Angel V6 long ago. Even before that, the Vector had a mechanically activated ram. And the P Frame does what the Osiris does, but mechanically.
Neither of this concepts are really ground breaking nor "inventions that are non aobvoius to an expert in the trades". But then the USPTO let's you have anything. In fact, they are only paid if they approve your patent. But I digress, I won't get into this.