Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-21-2005, 11:20 PM #1
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
should seller have to give refunds for false advertisment

i recently was on ebay and found a freestyle with reloader b, 7 piece empire barrel kit.

in the description the seller said it came with a nox board, palmers fatty stabilizer, and hybrid grips. well i bought it and turned it on and it wasnt very fast so i was like wtf. i open the shell and it is a stock board no way could this person have seriously thought it was a nox board and it seem that he wrote john on it in sharpie oh and the gun leaked like from every opening in the body so i asked for a refund and they gave it to me but after 3 days of tinkering i fixed it and got back to them and told them instead i would keep the marker and would give their money back but i still wanted the nox board that they said it had but the kids mom was all like well how much does this board cost and i told them exactlly $99.99 from the only company who sell them, knutec. I dont think she will give me the money for the board and if she doesnt what should i do, because i feel bad for having to have them spend so much money when they were trying to make money but it said in the legally binding ebay contract that it was a freestyle with a nox board.

so what would you do in this situation......????

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2005, 09:46 AM #2
obsessiveimpulsive
its not easy being green

if he said the board was in the gun then he liad and you should make him pay
Old 08-27-2005, 04:45 PM #3
blautsauger (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
If this were a shop and you bought something new from them, then yes, they would have to give you everything that was advertised and you paid for. Regardless of how much it would cost them and how much you paid for. Unless there is a disclaimer in the ad that says something like: "Item may differ at sellers discretion without notice." But you bought off of Ebay. Read all the legal mumbojumbo on Ebay, I do believe that there is a caveat about what you put in the ad must be what you are selling. Plus, there is feedback. You should check it from who you buy from as well as don't hesitate to leave negative feedback after you have tried to resolve the issue.

Remember, a couple of years ago, people were advertising X-box's just before they came out. Lots of people paid a lot of money to get these. What they got was a box with an X on it, exactly as it was worded in the ad. To this day, you still see people selling pictures of high end markers, cars, motorcycles and such. People think that they are getting a DM5 for $100, and they are highly ticked with they find out that they paid $100 for a picture of a DM5.