PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-07-2001, 01:50 AM #1
SenorFartman

has been a member for 10 years
excaliber air assist?

i've put air assists on 2 of my guns- cocker and supernova and was wondering if it can be done. does the excaliber have the vent hole that the shockers have that releases air out of the solenoids? if so one could easily rig this and it might be cool for grinches havoc excal...
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2001, 01:14 PM #2
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Ri0T is a founding member
I never really saw the point in air assisst. I had it on my shocker a LONG time ago, and have messed around with an Adrenalin LCD, the amount of air that is pushed onto the ball is so small it doesn't have any effect, from my experiences. It'd take alot of pressure to move a paintball coming out of such a small diameter hose. But, if you could get enough pressure to move the ball, it'd be pretty cool, actually.
Old 07-07-2001, 08:04 PM #3
chalex impulse
do you have any pics of the air assit on the cocker, I know my friend would like something like that.

Old 07-08-2001, 08:03 PM #4
SenorFartman

it won't work with a bomb 4 way but you rig a small hose from the outlet of the 4 way to the hopper. sorry i don't have any pics of it but i do have my nova one. i can post pics of that if there's any interest in it
Old 07-09-2001, 06:01 PM #5
mezpo

i believe there is a vent in the solenoid because the air has to go somewhere when the solenoid is switched, although i havent actually looked at it.
Old 07-09-2001, 07:01 PM #6
chalex impulse
Quote:
Originally posted by SenorFartman
it won't work with a bomb 4 way but you rig a small hose from the outlet of the 4 way to the hopper. sorry i don't have any pics of it but i do have my nova one. i can post pics of that if there's any interest in it
my friend tryed that, but there isn't enough pressure from the 3 way gas to do anything.

Old 07-10-2001, 09:53 PM #7
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
there's never enough of a vent of air to do anything, and Adrenalin's air assist on LCD's does more harm than good, it really screws up the 14-way (solenoid) and WDP replaced like 6 at the last NPPL.
Old 07-11-2001, 10:16 AM #8
grinch
here we go........

damn it fartman! everytime I get an idea you snag it from me..Ive done some tweeking with mine and it can be done but the gun really dosnt need it..you cabn run a hose from the back noid and do it that way but you hve to tap a hole in the body..Ive found that with this gun it creats a "blow back " effect and if your low on paint it bounces the balls all over the place in the tube.
also you would need a different higrise to do it..we just used an adrenalin highrise for ours.
In theory it works but not in pracitice but yes it can be done.

senior fartman would like to own me.....
balling is our biss!
Old 07-11-2001, 10:49 AM #9
SenorFartman

thats because late at night, i sneak into your store and steal your ideas. muhahaha. i guess great minds truly do think alike, just some spell a lot better than others.... btw where is your store located? i'm visiting family and friends in michigan next week and thought i might make a road trip cus i should have my excal by then.
Old 07-11-2001, 03:23 PM #10
grinch
here we go........

were in riverview michigen thats real close to wyandotte..and i cant spell for kr@p!
it would be easier to call us..
1-734-282-2941 we have a 1800 number on our sight but i cant recall it right now. then we can tell you how to get their or use map quest and find us
ask for shawn when you call.
about the air assist thing..its actualy pretty simple to do..you just need to put a hole in the lower tray for the air hose..the mac valve has holes on the side for it and the fitting is easy to find at any phnumatic store....its one of those elbows like the sonics have on them. but anyone can do the converstion if they know what their doing..but like i said it acts kinda weird.
it gives it a blow back effect , so when your low on paint they bounce in the feed port..but hey try it it you want..maybe we,ll do an air assist if people want it...
well gota go
balling is our biss!
Old 07-11-2001, 03:32 PM #11
SenorFartman

where is that in relation to rochester hills or sterling heights? its been almost 7 years since we moved from there
Old 07-11-2001, 05:36 PM #12
grinch
here we go........

STERLING HEIGHTS IS ABOUT 45 MIN FROM OUR SHOP..
ROCHESTER IS ABOUT OOPS. their thats better..
basicly you,ll take I 75 south to sibley and sibley to fort..
then you,ll loop around on fort and go north for about a half mile
right before the second light theirs a turn around for the shop.
we,re across from walgreens. like i said use map qeust
our adress is 17088 fort in riverview MI.
balling is our biss!
Old 07-11-2001, 05:52 PM #13
SenorFartman

sweet dogg. i'll definately try to stop by. what are your hours during the week?