PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-18-2002, 10:22 AM #1
nyudude

has been a member for 10 years
Question best barrel for impulse

Hey guys! I'm considering getting a different barrel for my impulse. Right now I have the stock 12" Progressive rifled barrel.. It's pretty accurate but I've heard that Dye Boomstick is way more accurate. What would be the best barrel to get and if it's Dye boomstick, then what length is the best for accuracy? Is it worth getting the Titanium version of Boomstick? Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2002, 10:38 AM #2
Alphy

personally I would keep what you had and not bother getting a boomstick. I would get a lapco or CP.........cheaper then the boomy and just as good. Of course, the freak rules
Old 04-18-2002, 11:27 AM #3
EnderOSC
Understatement

EnderOSC is a Supporting Member
Yeah get the Freak barrel, and then if you play tournies buy the inserts for it too, otherwise 689 and the one right above and the one right below that are fine for most people.
Old 04-18-2002, 12:24 PM #4
XSycloneX

think of it this way. you can get a freak barrel with one insert for the same price of a boomy. why buy a boomy when you can buy a freak that can be upgraded with extra bore sizes/backs/fronts

get a freak, and if not that, an All American
Old 04-18-2002, 12:47 PM #5
nyudude

I see... I guess Freak it is.. XSycloneX, you said that I should get a freak with one insert first (which is a good idea since I can't afford the whole kit YET).. Which insert would that be? Thanks.
Old 04-18-2002, 12:54 PM #6
EnderOSC
Understatement

EnderOSC is a Supporting Member
689 is the standard size that I got with my Freak.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:39 PM #7
XSycloneX

i think you can pick the insert size at most places.

first, determine what the paint you use most often is. Then figure out the insert size for that paint. (test it at a local shop if you can)
Old 04-18-2002, 09:49 PM #8
xuuly
Grunthos the Flatulent

Cool

Nothing beats a Lapco for accuracy (assuming a good paint fit). Tests have proved that. Some other barrels are quieter, but all that porting means a loss of efficiency since the ball stops being pushed when it reaches the ports and is just coasting thru that part of the barrel (meaning it had to be hit with a larger blast of air). Buy what you like but remember that there are no magic barrels; just good ones and various sizes and grades of paint. Btw, I've purchased a Lapco Bigshot and Autospirit for $50 each and I can shoot pretty much any decent paint very well, plus I shot well over half a case on a 20oz tank without running out of air.