PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-25-2005, 11:26 PM #1
Liquidgas

More Range from TL-X

I have a TL-X and I want to get more range out of it. I only use it in rec ball so the fields are pretty big. When I try and shoot at people far away (150 ft. plus) my paint looses too much accuracy or just falls to the ground while their paint easily reaches me. I've tried arcing my shots but it's not to effective. I've got a 14 in. sp progressive barrel and set my velocity to the max 275fps. Is there anything I can do to get more distance? Would switching to a n2 tank help or should I just get a better gun? The gun at the paintball shop even said that Spyders just don't shoot far and I'd be better off with a new gun, but I wasn't sure if he just wanted to sell me something.

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2005, 12:02 AM #2
rammstein_5
**** you microphone fish

has been a member for 10 years
switch to hpa, and/or get a palmers or hpa reg that has the range for your marker

after that get a spring kit and put in like light main and heavy valve, this should give u better effeciency and allow u to get high fps possibly by adding or loosing spring tension is places

then like practice arching ur shots becuase theres nothing else u can do besides that
Old 09-26-2005, 01:25 AM #3
ewu

better barrel/paint match or a freak kit
Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 AM #4
Vikez54 (Banned)

Vikez54 is a Supporting Member
It's possible that is could just be the paint. Like what ewu said, paint to marrel match is important. I've shot and seen all high end to low end guns shoot, there are no range differences at all really. Just work on getting above 285 fps+
Old 09-26-2005, 08:27 PM #5
therealmr
\\\\\ i go on walks /////

therealmr is a Moderator
therealmr is reppin' sidebar 4 life
They only thing that will add distance is consistancy, efficiency, and HIGHER VELOCITY (all caps because this is the one that normally gets you). There isn't a whole lot you can do to get the paintball to go further. Sorry

I want to be remembered for the
people I helped make memorable;
personal success is overrated if it
doesn't help everyone's progress.